Has anyone eaten at Shiki-Sai yet in Epcot?

Mintycake

DIS Veteran
My daughter wants to go there for her birthday when we go as she loves sushi. Has anyone been there? I know there's a bunch of vloggers who have vids but I'd love to hear from the boards! Is it super expensive for sushi? (Comparatively, the sushi we order where I live with appetizers for the three of us costs about $80 Canadian).

Going in a couple of weeks and can report back. I am very encouraged by the DIS team's review that was just released.

The prices are expensive compared to what you can get around Orlando. It will come down to the quality to see if it's worth it, but the pictures and reviews look promising so far.

I would say now is the time to go.

Newly opened, they know everyone is watching. Any restaurant would be on their A game early on.

We went last night and I had really high hopes. I’m sad to advise that I found it a great disappointment. The service is excellent and attentive, but if you don’t order one of the high priced combinations like the boat ($300), the quality was hugely disappointing. We ordered 2 rolls and a small combo plate. The rolls have no pictures or descriptions on the menus, so we ordered spicy tuna and tempura, as what we thought were safe options. I expected fresh sushi grade tuna, but it came minced and spiced, looking and smelling like cat food, and both rolls had very limited added veggies and no sauce or outer wrap fish. The rice wasn’t sticky and all just fell apart. We complained and they offered to make an off-menu fresh tuna version of the spiced roll. This was thrown together in seconds, consisting of tuna & cucumber wrapped in nori and rice - no seasoning or sauce and again falling apart with no outer wrap.
They didn’t charge us for the rejected roll but then stood over my husband whilst he added the tip, so we couldn’t discuss what we wanted to offer (to be fair, as mentioned, the service was otherwise good).
Others may experience differently, especially if you choose a high end signature combo, but we shall not be returning. We are heading to Kona Cafe later this week for comparison, as pricing is similar.

We went last night and I had really high hopes. I’m sad to advise that I found it a great disappointment. The service is excellent and attentive, but if you don’t order one of the high priced combinations like the boat ($300), the quality was hugely disappointing. We ordered 2 rolls and a small combo plate. The rolls have no pictures or descriptions on the menus, so we ordered spicy tuna and tempura, as what we thought were safe options. I expected fresh sushi grade tuna, but it came minced and spiced, looking and smelling like cat food, and both rolls had very limited added veggies and no sauce or outer wrap fish. The rice wasn’t sticky and all just fell apart. We complained and they offered to make an off-menu fresh tuna version of the spiced roll. This was thrown together in seconds, consisting of tuna & cucumber wrapped in nori and rice - no seasoning or sauce and again falling apart with no outer wrap.
They didn’t charge us for the rejected roll but then stood over my husband whilst he added the tip, so we couldn’t discuss what we wanted to offer (to be fair, as mentioned, the service was otherwise good).
Others may experience differently, especially if you choose a high end signature combo, but we shall not be returning. We are heading to Kona Cafe later this week for comparison, as pricing is similar.
Thank you for your honest review. We have excellent sushi in Toronto and so this doesn't seem worth the price. I loved Kona when I went but that was back in 2016 so looking forward to your review of Kona as that's on our list!

Thank you for your honest review. We have excellent sushi in Toronto and so this doesn't seem worth the price. I loved Kona when I went but that was back in 2016 so looking forward to your review of Kona as that's on our list!
We have decided to do a bit of a sushi challenge, eating around The World! We have chosen a spicy tuna roll and shrimp tempura roll in each location.
Our lowest ranking goes to Shiki-Sai, but this is on the basis that it would appear rolls are not a good choice. If you are prepared to pay for higher-end plates, it would seem to be better and probably very authentic, but expect to pay for that! We only took a picture of our combo plate (see below) which was far superior to the rolls - as previously mentioned, I would definitely avoid the spicy tuna option.
In second place is Kona Cafe, which is similarly priced. The tuna was better quality but not the best and the sauce was quite limited so not very spicy. Oddly, the pre-packed counter had more spicy sauce. 🤷‍♀️ The avocado wrap on the tempura was a bit over-ripe and soft, see picture.
First place goes, surprisingly, to Splitsville bowling! We went for lunch when it was quiet. The sushi was probably more Americanised but the quality and value were excellent. The shrimp option was a volcano roll and very spicy and filling, as per picture. It was fun food!
So for high priced authenticity go for Shiki-Sai if you have a couple of hundred $$ to drop, otherwise try Splitsville for fun!

Attachments

• DF66C139-C37A-408D-B044-948D92500026.jpeg
    DF66C139-C37A-408D-B044-948D92500026.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 690AEAF7-9608-4AEE-89DC-0B6102557240.jpeg
    690AEAF7-9608-4AEE-89DC-0B6102557240.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 31
  • BEA066ED-4689-4CC4-A1FB-B45F71AF7AA6.jpeg
    BEA066ED-4689-4CC4-A1FB-B45F71AF7AA6.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 972A7B12-5186-4EFA-B48F-37F9C1D1B00D.jpeg
    972A7B12-5186-4EFA-B48F-37F9C1D1B00D.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 32
Any more recent reviews? I am thinking we would easily do a boat because there are lots of us, but I was hoping I could order any rolls and they would all be good. Also, what about fireworks views? Are there a good number of tables that can see them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter