Has anyone else done quarantine bread making?

It's tough. Here's what you do:

Equal parts white and wheat flour day 1 with a 70% hydration, then every day after use 1 cup flour and .5 cup water. And watch her go. I stopped feeding mine daily and put it in the fridge for a longer process. I didn't like tossing all the discard away, and the wife doesn't like sour dough pancakes and stuff.
thanks!
She has managed to keep the current starter alive for about a year. This came from afriend who has had it for several years.

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations for a good horizonal breadmaker?
Zojirushi bread machine available on Amazon. It is pricey, but makes incredible bread!! I bought one, then my daughter saw it and bought one to replace the one that she had.

I bought my first Zojirushi about 9 or 10 years ago and used it 2-3 times a week for about 4-5 years and have used it a few times a month since and about 3 weeks ago, it stopped baking properly. It still mixed fine, so I've been using it on the dough setting, then baking my bread in the oven.

I ordered a new one from King Arthur Flour once I was sure the old one was dead and it just came a couple days ago. I'm so happy to have a working bread machine again and I'm hoping it lasts as long as the first one did.

They are a bit pricey but it's great having the proper loaf shape and it's nice to not have to heat up the house to make bread.

As far as what I've been baking during quarantine, I made banana chocolate chip bread today (baked in the new machine), French bread last week, cheese onion bread the week before (both mixed in machine, then baked in oven).

I've also made numerous cakes - all whites cakes (because I had a lot of frozen egg whites) but various frostings (vanilla, lemon, mocha, peanut butter) and sugar cookie bars.

I bought my first Zojirushi about 9 or 10 years ago and used it 2-3 times a week for about 4-5 years and have used it a few times a month since and about 3 weeks ago, it stopped baking properly. It still mixed fine, so I've been using it on the dough setting, then baking my bread in the oven.

I ordered a new one from King Arthur Flour once I was sure the old one was dead and it just came a couple days ago. I'm so happy to have a working bread machine again and I'm hoping it lasts as long as the first one did.

They are a bit pricey but it's great having the proper loaf shape and it's nice to not have to heat up the house to make bread.

As far as what I've been baking during quarantine, I made banana chocolate chip bread today (baked in the new machine), French bread last week, cheese onion bread the week before (both mixed in machine, then baked in oven).

I've also made numerous cakes - all whites cakes (because I had a lot of frozen egg whites) but various frostings (vanilla, lemon, mocha, peanut butter) and sugar cookie bars.

Could you post the model number and/or a pic of the machine. If not, no worries. Thanks.

MJ

Not bread, but I learned how to make corn tortillas. When this first started, I had only a little flour and some very weak, half dead expired yeast. What I did have was tons of masa from a not actually performed Christmas tamale project. So we've been making tortillas and tamales. I did get new yeast and flour, but haven't done that much baking (a couple pizzas). Plan on making some cakes this week for my husband's birthday and Mother's Day. I used to do a lot of cake baking and decorated, but haven't in years.
I've been doing various breads but I need to work on my corn tortilla game.... my one try was a fail

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter