• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone else had issues reserving Disneyland Resorts through cheap tickets?

ellefssc

Earning My Ears
Hello, I didn’t see a Disneyland specific forum, so I thought I’d ask here. I reserved Paradise Pier through CheapTickets.com. It says it is confirmed, but the confirmation number didn’t work with my account. I saw that I need the code that Disney sends so I called and they said they do not have the code. Do I need to be worried? Has anyone else experienced this and had any problems with their reservation? Thanks!

Hello, I reserved Paradise Pier through CheapTickets.com. It says it is confirmed, but the confirmation number didn’t work to link my reservation on my Disney account. I saw online that I need the confirmation code that Disney sends the purchasing company so I called cheaptickets.com and they said they do not have the code. Do I need to be worried? Has anyone else experienced this and had any problems with their reservation? Thanks!

Hello, I reserved Paradise Pier through CheapTickets.com. It says it is confirmed, but the confirmation number didn’t work to link my reservation on my Disney account. I saw online that I need the confirmation code that Disney sends the purchasing company so I called cheaptickets.com and they said they do not have the code. Do I need to be worried? Has anyone else experienced this and had any problems with their reservation? Thanks!

If I remember correctly, this code isn’t generated until shortly before the check-in date. Usually 3-5 days. I have booked DLH one time through cheap tickets because they had a great promo code and didn’t have any issues.

If I remember correctly, this code isn’t generated until shortly before the check-in date. Usually 3-5 days. I have booked DLH one time through cheap tickets because they had a great promo code and didn’t have any issues.
That is reassuring. Thank you for sharing that information!

I agree with Kristensideaoffun- the actual Disney confirmation number is created shortly before the visit. But honestly it's not really necessary to link the stay in your Disney account. I've booked DLR on property hotels many times via CheapTickets and/or Orbitz (same parent company) and never had a problem.

The reason that you may want to be able to do this now is that the “hotel park reservations bucket” has better park availability than the 1-day ticket or PH reservations bucket.

I booked once via AmexTravel and couldn’t see anything on the Disney side of things and was told that was normal.

That said, when I showed up, Disney had no record of my reservation. They got me a room & sorted it out, but it took about an hour and they had to call AmexTravel on my behalf. Apparently reservations are manually transmitted to the Disney system at some point closer to the date of stay and that didn’t happen for me…

Probably wouldn’t be worth the trouble for me again (I did it for the points on my platinum Amex which worked out to about 7% rewards). I’ve since just booked direct via Disney with a card that gives me standard travel rewards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter