Has anyone else had issues with the new Oceaneer's club/lab policies?

I don't have any kids and I'm not borrowing any for this next trip. I have to agree with this. The hours that have been posted on the Wonder's Open House are way too long. I know Disney is trying to please everyone but there will always be someone who doesn't like what is decided.

Parents with a special needs child should not be excluded from the clubs (in my opinon) they are there to help their child and not be a burden on the DCL staff. I would have no problem leaving my child in a supervised club that allows one or two parents at a time in to watch or help the staff with their special needs child. I wouldn't want to see a room full of adults in there. Many SN children have workers at Daycare and School to help in the classroom. They aren't taking over the classroom they are there to support the child.

All the parents that are complaining that their under aged child (less than 3) should be allowed to play in the club is crazy. You knew when you booked the cruise that the clubs start at age 3. It's like the parents that are angry with the CM's at a ride when their child is too short to ride. Did they really think that at 38" with shoes that they could ride? Did they think the rules don't apply to them? If you want your child to participate in the club, book your trip when your child is 3. Same as the parent that wants their child to ride all the 40" rides-book your trip when your child is 40".I do feel sorry for the parents/teenagers that were caught when the Vibe cut off changed to 17 yrs. That was unfortunate and probably could have been handled better by Disney-It's too late now.
Bolding is mine....
My point exactly!:thumbsup2
if they are going to enforce the age rules it should be across the board. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You know what the ages requirements are for each group. If you want them in a particular group, then cruise when they are eligible for that group. Or if you supposedly can't, then suck it up and deal with the group that they are assigned to. You have the option to decide which is most important, when you cruise, how much it costs, or what programming your child(ren) is(are) eligible for. It's just a matter of which one is your personal highest priority. This is not meant meanly, but if rules are rules why are so many parents constantly requesting that their children be moved up or down?? Programming is optional. If your child doesn't like it, they don't have to use it. And just because they don't like their 'age appropriate' activities doesn't mean that they should get to 'move' to another group just because. Again programming is optional and Disney is not required to provide any. Just my .02 :goodvibes

Bolding is mine....
My point exactly!:thumbsup2
if they are going to enforce the age rules it should be across the board. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You know what the ages requirements are for each group. If you want them in a particular group, then cruise when they are eligible for that group. Or if you supposedly can't, then suck it up and deal with the group that they are assigned to. You have the option to decide which is most important, when you cruise, how much it costs, or what programming your child(ren) is(are) eligible for. It's just a matter of which one is your personal highest priority. This is not meant meanly, but if rules are rules why are so many parents constantly requesting that their children be moved up or down?? Programming is optional. If your child doesn't like it, they don't have to use it. And just because they don't like their 'age appropriate' activities doesn't mean that they should get to 'move' to another group just because. Again programming is optional and Disney is not required to provide any. Just my .02 :goodvibes

Except that many, many people booked their cruise well before the policies were re-stated and by the time it was they were past the penalty date.

The label "rules" is almost laughable when historically we are talking about something that wasn't enforced in written or in practice.

Speaking for myself, I knew that a child under 42" wasn't allowed on the aqua duck, so I never expected that be the case. But I don't think those of us who anticipated the same treatment or experience they had in the past or that they read about frequently are some sort of scofflaws.

Some of ya'll can bellow "rules" all you want- but even after the policy being restated, there is still flexibility and movement through out the clubs and their levels.

The only non exception has been people the age of 18 or over- parent or non parents inside a club outside open houses/family time or to pick up a child.

The difference is in this case people took their kids on a cruise and were allowed in the club with them if they were under 3. Their kid loved it. The parents booked another cruise expecting things to be the same way. Now they aren't. We have had it happen at BG that they raise the height requirement on a ride from one visit to the next just a few weeks apart. From opening one year DD was able to ride the bumper cars with us. In late August we stood in line only to be told she wasn't tall enough. It was her favorite ride at that age and it was frustrating for all of us. These people have paid a lot more for the cruise than we did for APs to BG and they have a right to be frustrated that the "rules" have changed. It's better to find out here before their cruise though so they can be prepared for it. I feel sorry for those who are finding out after they board the ship.

The difference is in this case people took their kids on a cruise and were allowed in the club with them if they were under 3. Their kid loved it. The parents booked another cruise expecting things to be the same way. Now they aren't. We have had it happen at BG that they raise the height requirement on a ride from one visit to the next just a few weeks apart. From opening one year DD was able to ride the bumper cars with us. In late August we stood in line only to be told she wasn't tall enough. It was her favorite ride at that age and it was frustrating for all of us. These people have paid a lot more for the cruise than we did for APs to BG and they have a right to be frustrated that the "rules" have changed. It's better to find out here before their cruise though so they can be prepared for it. I feel sorry for those who are finding out after they board the ship.
And I feel the worst for the 'kids' who are 18 and still in high school and are now banned from VIBE. I think that they got the worst of the raw deals in this whole situation. :sad2: Sorry, even though they are 'legally' adults, they are in high school and they are still kids in many many ways. I really feel for those families who booked cruises especially a final cruise for their teen to enjoy VIBE one last time. But Disney has made their decision. I just still feel bad for them and hope that it doesn't ruin their cruise. Although, I know it wouldn't be as much fun for my DD. But she would do her best to make the best of it. But truth be told, she would be disappointed, very disappointed. I'm glad that we have enough notice to make our plans accordingly!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter