Has anyone ever gone on solo trip to WDW at Christmas time?

Jazzy

<font color=purple>Queen of the snake threads!</fo
Has anyone ever gone on a solo trip to WDW at Christmas time? I am considering a solo trip to WDW from December 19th -26th. I have never gone to WDW by myself and I have always wanted to go at Christmas time. We had plans to go last Christmas but had to cancel and I would really like to go this year but it looks like it will be me by myself. I was wondering if anyone else has traveled alone at this time of year and what your experience was like. Will I feel uncomfortable? I really want to take part in all of the different Christmas festivities. Any comments anyone can share will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jazzy

I've never been to WDW on Christmas. I've been there the first 10 days of December and it was wonderful.

Lots of decorations, the resorts are really decked out. The Osborne lights at MGM are amazing and fun.

I hope some of our Christmas visit veterans can give you some info about this.

Katholyn

I have only done it in early December also. I had no problems feeling out of place.

Thank you to the two of you that have replied about going on solo trips at the first part of December. Has no one gone on a Christmas trip alone? Still looking for comments anyone is willing to share. Thanks!

I've been at the beginning & middle of December and also over New Year's, but never over Christmas, so I'm sorry I can't help you there. When I went over New Year's, all of the decorations were still up, but found it to be amazingly crowded. It was fun to do New Year's at WDW once, but once was enough for me. Just too many people to really be able to enjoy myself. This is what I like about going the weeks prior to Christmas. You still get to see all of the decorations and festivities, but with smaller crowds. I did the Candlelight Processional last trip and it was beautiful. A real must in my book. The woman standing in front of me was also there solo, so we started talking while waiting to go in and while waiting for the show to begin. I'm very comfortable travelling solo, so going to WDW alone was no big deal to me.

I will be going alone to WDW this Christmas as well. I will be staying at CBR from Dec 25 (late evening) or 26 (depending on cheap airfare to Jan 3. I have Dec 24 to Jan 5 off work, and wanted to do something with my time off. My family is usually done with x-mas around 3:00, so I could catch a late flight 7:30 or later. I hear that while it is a busy time, it is a site that has to be seen. I am hoping that by August or September that Animal Kingdom Lodges price will go down significantly so I can change my reservations over. I would be very happy to stay at CBR, but much happier if I could stay at AKL.

jaws, I hope the resort rates go lower for you. Unfortunately Christmas is the absolutely <b>most</b> busy time of the year at WDW so I don't think it will happen. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, though.

I went solo the past 2 years 10 days overlapping xmas and NYE. The first trip was fun but the weather turned bad on the 23rd.
One of the reasons for the trip during this time was I missed COP since I always have gone during value season.
Being someone that goes several times a year and having an AP made a big difference. Always there at park open park hopping and escaping during midday crush made trips fun.
I had no problems with people wondering why I am there alone and ate everywhere I wanted without any PS. You need to be flexible and eat a little early or later then normal meal times.
If you worry about having any problems while you are there here is a short story from my 1st xmas trip. Christmas day the weather got really cold and rained nearly constantly. I had my traditional Meatloaf meal sitting at the Bar in Tune-In. A sort of secret is you can order the full menu from PT 50's at Tune-In and like me have double mashed and no veggies without getting into trouble with "mom". Met some people and about 8pm I told them about Catwalk being open during that week. So off we go in the rain to the side door to Catwalk. The tile floor there had standing water which I did not notice and 2nd or 3rd step in my right leg decided to run off in another direction blowing out my knee in the process. Within 10 seconds there were several CM's there and since I was up already they wrote a bunch of information down about which resort I was at and did I need to go to meds. I finished the night at Catwalk got back to my resort room and the message light was on. It was some manager checking if I was Ok and gave me a number to call if I had any problems.
Next morning guess what the knee does not work at all. I hop to the shower get cleaned up and then take a couple pain pills then call the number from the night before. Within 20 minutes there are 2 EMTs a resort Mgr and some other guy all in my room. The EMTs try to get me to go to the hospital but I talked them into just wrappiing an ACE bandage around it . The last 5 days were pretty funny me limping badly around that parks and every night someone calling to find out if I was OK.
Some might think it was just Disney covering its butt. That does not matter to me what I know is if you are there solo and have a problem help is available.
So I say go for that week jsut be flexible and smile a lot.
RussH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter