• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever had any luck....

Crazyhorse

DIS Veteran
Stalking DME on a daily basis for a favorite resort/category that's currently not available?

Back story. I had booked and paid for the BWI, boardwalk view, club level. All set to surprise my hubby on his birthday, 1/25/2017. Imagine my distress 2 weeks ago when he said "I hope you don't have anything planned for my birthday, I have to go out of town, not negotiable".

So I spilled the beans and checked DME for weeks prior and after the date. No luck at BWI or Yacht.
I called in, asked for help. A nice CME threw a few dates at me, as well as cautions, depending on what was going on at the parks. I told'm I wanted to keep club level so that narrowed things down. Now we're booked at the Beach Club, CL, water view, week of 1/15/2017.

However, I really want back at the BWI. Has anyone ever had any luck 57 days away with finding your favored resort/room category? Does anyone ever cancel that close to their trip? Do I keep stalking or just give it up and be thankful for what's currently booked.....?

Yes, I've had luck. Just keep checking. Package balances are due 30 days before check-in, so there is a chance someone might cancel in the next few weeks or so.

Stalking DME on a daily basis for a favorite resort/category that's currently not available?

Back story. I had booked and paid for the BWI, boardwalk view, club level. All set to surprise my hubby on his birthday, 1/25/2017. Imagine my distress 2 weeks ago when he said "I hope you don't have anything planned for my birthday, I have to go out of town, not negotiable".

So I spilled the beans and checked DME for weeks prior and after the date. No luck at BWI or Yacht.
I called in, asked for help. A nice CME threw a few dates at me, as well as cautions, depending on what was going on at the parks. I told'm I wanted to keep club level so that narrowed things down. Now we're booked at the Beach Club, CL, water view, week of 1/15/2017.

However, I really want back at the BWI. Has anyone ever had any luck 57 days away with finding your favored resort/room category? Does anyone ever cancel that close to their trip? Do I keep stalking or just give it up and be thankful for what's currently booked.....?

I, too, have had luck so keep checking although I will say if you can't switch, I wouldn't be disappointed.

I, too, have had luck so keep checking although I will say if you can't switch, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Thank you. I feel a little obsessed....checking every day . It's a good point re: payment date. I'll keep at it but you're right...certainly no reason to be disappointed by what we have.

Many of my stays have been booked last minute, like in the 30-60 day range, and I've 'usually' found reasonable availability. Yes, keep checking, there are thousand upon thousands of people making changes all of the time.

Obviously some depends on your dates. Eg, if it's a race weekend, holiday weekend, or some other event, you'll have less people likely to cancel closer to the date.

Good luck, and keep trying. We all do it sometimes!

Many of my stays have been booked last minute, like in the 30-60 day range, and I've 'usually' found reasonable availability. Yes, keep checking, there are thousand upon thousands of people making changes all of the time.

Obviously some depends on your dates. Eg, if it's a race weekend, holiday weekend, or some other event, you'll have less people likely to cancel closer to the date.

Good luck, and keep trying. We all do it sometimes!

Ok. I will! Coming in on 1/15/17 and I see once MLK Monday is done, crowd calendars turn green. Thank for the info!

Ok. I will! Coming in on 1/15/17 and I see once MLK Monday is done, crowd calendars turn green. Thank for the info!

Yeah, it's that MLK weekend that's your hurdle. You 'may' have to get creative with dates and/or doing a couple of nights somewhere else. Good luck!

Don't loose faith! I'm 4 days out and I called today to switch resorts because the one I wanted FINALLY opened up for my dates. A quick call and everything was changed over. It's definitely possible! Just stalk the website

Sure have!!
We were booked in at an All Star because nothing else in the value category was available, a few weeks before departure we managed to switch to a mermaid room at AoA!

Same goes for FP's, dining reservations, people drop stuff at the last minute all the time!! Living in Florida it was super easy to either; morning of, or the day before (this esp for dinign ressos because of the cancellation fee) check again, and get what we wanted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter