Has anyone ever purchased and used Vacation Kingdom Dinner Certificates?

mtblujeans

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever purchased and used Vacation Kingdom Dinner Certificates for Disney dining? I know there has been a link on these boards to an agency that sells them online, but when I called to order some, they did not speak English very well and put me on hold to go get someone who spoke better English. That person told me they only sell VKDCs wholesale to travel agencies, they do not sell to the public.

I called a local travel agency and she said they had never heard of them. I called our local AAA office and she contacted WDW. They told her they do not exist and anyone selling them is scamming the public because they cannot be used at WDW. What's the deal? Anyone know??

They do exist. If you qualify as a "group" they are available through Disney group sales. However, they aren't cost effective, so "brokers" don't carry them. Last I saw, they were about $80 each and didn't include liquor. There aren't many places at Disney where you can spend $80 on three courses - and the only one that springs to mind - V&As - wasn't included on the list I saw.

One of the Disney travel agencies had them as part of a package last year, but I can't remember which one.

I've heard of the dinner certificates, but have never used them. I know that mouseearvacations.com sells them for $60/each. It seems a little steep, but they can be used at California Grill, Narcoossee's, the Yachtman Steakhouse, etc... so they can save you some money.

Below is a link to their website.. if you put your cursor over the box titled "Vacation Kingdom Dinner Certificates" a window will pop up showing which restaurants you can use them at.

I don't know if you have to be a client of mouseearvactions to purchase them though, but it couldn't hurt to call and ask. I have a trip booked through them this December and am thinking of purchasing a couple.

mouseearvacations.com

mtblujeans -- Let us know if they let you purchase them. I'm looking for somewhere to purchase Q&C and breakfast vouchers since I can't join Hotwire.

Hmmmm....well, this has been an interesting search. I called mouseearvacations and was told they are only sold with a package deal.

I had emailed WDW and asked about them and received a reply:

"Dear Susan,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

These vouchers are included in our package plans. If your family requires additional assistance with package plans, resort reservations, airline information and ticket media, we encourage you to contact the Walt Disney Travel Company - a division of Disney reservations:

(407) 828-8101

They will be happy to assist you with current availability and other Disney vacation options.

Walt Disney Travel Company is open daily from 7:00am to 11:00pm Eastern Standard Time.

We look forward to your family enjoying our theme parks, designed with you in mind!

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us."

But when I called them, at first the answer was 'no, WDW does not have these vouchers'. Then, it became 'you have to purchase a Silver Plan Vacation to get them'.

So, it is confusing, but, it appears these vouchers or certificates are not available to me....for whatever reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter