Has anyone ever put extra $$ on your ressie?

tmonferdini

Mouseketeer
I thought I read somewhere that you could put extra money on your ressie, paying in advance, so that when you got there, you had a credit for your KTTW card. Has anyone ever done this? I'm thinking about doing it, if it's possible for our upcoming June trip. We will be on DDP and have 2 oop meals planned. I thought about putting the $$ for those meals, tips for all TS meals, P&PP tix, and the cost for upgrade to WP+M cost (250 for 5 of us). If we choose to use it, it's there, if not, we just have that much more to use for souvies, etc.

Has anyone done this? Is it possible? What's your opinion on it?

I don't think you can but I would love it also. Last year we paid in full for a package but then dropped down to a mod from deluxe. I asked the TA if we could just keep that money there to do as you were thinking but he said Disney wouldn't do that.:confused3 Now it wouldn't hurt to ask becasue our TA may not have had a clue what he was talking about.:rolleyes1

I did back in 2004. I figured I would have that extra on the room account so that when I charged to the room it would never have to go to a credit card. Problem was, when I go to the resort they said I did not have any extra on my acoount. Luckily I had saved all my paperwork that showed that I have overpaid so there should have been money on my account when we got there. THe issue was resolved but not until after we got home....

Why not just buy a Disney Gift Card to cover the additional money? Place on your room account when you check in and use it to pay off any room charges.

You definitely can. We always do it and it works out great. We like having EVERYTHING paid for and not having a bill when we leave.

I thought I read that you can but it has to be done when you check-in. I'd love to know the answer too. Thanks~

I thought I read somewhere that you could put extra money on your ressie, paying in advance, so that when you got there, you had a credit for your KTTW card. Has anyone ever done this? I'm thinking about doing it, if it's possible for our upcoming June trip. We will be on DDP and have 2 oop meals planned. I thought about putting the $$ for those meals, tips for all TS meals, P&PP tix, and the cost for upgrade to WP+M cost (250 for 5 of us). If we choose to use it, it's there, if not, we just have that much more to use for souvies, etc.

You'd be giving Disney an interest-free loan -- it's kind of like purposefully getting back a tax deduction.

I'd suggest that you set up a special savings account for vacations; have a small amount of every paycheck directly deposited into that account, and have this account in bank that's rather inconvenient for you to reach. Do not get a bank card for this account. This means that the money will build up in that account, yet you're not going to be able to withdraw it without purposefully planning to do it. You'll get all the same benefits as paying "extra" to Disney.

You'd be giving Disney an interest-free loan -- it's kind of like purposefully getting back a tax deduction.

I'd suggest that you set up a special savings account for vacations; have a small amount of every paycheck directly deposited into that account, and have this account in bank that's rather inconvenient for you to reach. Do not get a bank card for this account. This means that the money will build up in that account, yet you're not going to be able to withdraw it without purposefully planning to do it. You'll get all the same benefits as paying "extra" to Disney.

That's what I was thinking. Why on earth would you give someone else your money to earn interest on when you can earn it yourself?

That's what I was thinking. Why on earth would you give someone else your money to earn interest on when you can earn it yourself?

I, so agree!

I would never give the IRS, WDW or anyone else a interest free credit when I could earn the same amount (or more) on my own. To me it just isn't fiscally responsible or sane.

I, so agree!

I would never give the IRS, WDW or anyone else a interest free credit when I could earn the same amount (or more) on my own. To me it just isn't fiscally responsible or sane.

Agreed as well
I think many do this that lack the discipline to not spend it. While it's definitely commendable to want and have the trip 100% paid for - don't leave money on the table (lost interest). Heck even $1.00 in interest is worth the time/effort

I accidently overpaid my ressie a few years back. I decided not to worry about it...I would just use the credit when I arrived. It didn't work. One week before our trip I received a "refund" check in the mail from Disney resort accounting.

When my Dh and I went in Feb 2005, I was able to do this. I purchased gift certificates over the phone. They mailed them to me, and they arrived 2-3 weeks before check in. Upon arrival I asked to put them on my room account so I wouldn't have to sign them in the parks. No problem! It gave me a $300 credit and I just used my KTTW card when I wanted to.

I know this was almost 3 years ago, but I don't think this has changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter