Has anyone ever seen the pyramids? Is Egypt a bad place?

I think you could take your que from the fact that most of the upscale tour companies have added Egypt again to their options. I would not travel independently unless I had lots of prior knowledge of the area and I'd done lots of independent travel in 3rd world destinations. It's most likely safe for now. Plan your trip and go while the opportunity is there.

Unless you speak Arabic you may find it easier to travel with a group. We were on our own but DH speaks Arabic. The front desk agents at a hotel will usually speak English and usually people selling tickets at tourist attractions will have some English and upscale restaurants. Pretty much everywhere else..not as much.

It's a magnificent country with incredible things to see, but given the current world situation, no way would I willingly travel there on a tourist passport. I may not want to die sitting on my sofa, but there's only a certain amount of calculated risk I'm willing to take. Traveling to a country with an unstable government in the middle of an unstable region is not something I will entertain.

I'd love to go but will not be visiting anytime soon due to the conflicts in the Middle East.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter