Has anyone gotten AP rates for summer '02 yet?

yoopermom

Come join Bravo by the fire...
They're out, and I've seen lots of people getting them for the resorts, so wondered if anyone had gotten them for campsites yet. If so, when are you going, and what price did you pay? Thanks!
Terri the Yoopermom

I got $46 per night for a full hookup (inc tax). She told me preferred weren't included when I was going (may 4-12). I didn't ask about partial hookups.

Jenny

what seemed like forever(!), I did finally get through. Once I convinced the rep that AP rates WERE out (she didn't believe me, finally found them under "Mickey Monitor" rate), I got a full hook up for July 31-Aug 12 for $45.83/night incl. tax. The only thing that ticked me off is that once I mentioned we had a pet, she told me that she could not make a reservation for a pet in a preferred hookup site, that that was only done by request on check-in(?!?). I'm going to call FW direct and see if I can't get that straightened out...
Lines were really busy, so if you're looking for an AP rate for summer I'd call now!
Terri the Yoopermom

I called Saturday to inquire about the AP rates for my August trip. The CM I spoke to was very nice and he knew about the AP rate but couldn't find it in the system. He mentioned that sometimes it takes a couple of days after the announcement for the codes to be inputted. He suggested I call back in a couple of days. After reading yoopermom's post, if the next CM can't find the code, I'll suggest the Mickey Monitor rate. Thanks!

Jeff

I called Sunday, mentioned AP code CFQ, and got a rate of $364 for 12 nights in August, full hook-up. I think August is value season for the campsites, it may be more in June and July. I was on hold for a long time, na dthen the CM put me on hold longer to check if she could give me the AP rate.

I called back this a.m. and asked for the a.p. rate with the above code, and the nice cm said that that rate ($30/night for full) doesn't start until Auug. 4. So I simply moved our vacation, we'll be going now from 8/4-8/15 (11 nights), $333 total including tax for a full hookup. What a great price!
Terri the Yoopermom

I called last night and was able to get an AP rate applied to our reservation in August. Since the discounted rates can only be applied to reservations of 14 nights or less, I had to split the reservation into 2; one for 3 nights and the other for 14 nights. We are now getting 17 nights for $450, approximately $26.50 a night tax included for a partial hookup. It is a real bonus to get 30% off the value season rate especially with our Canadian dollar doing so poorly right now. We will save about $192 over the 17 nights... and I'm hoping I can work something out so we don't have to change sites after our 3rd night. :)

I also asked about the AAA rate and the CM said the AAA rate was 10% while the AP rate was 30%. If anyone has an AAA rate, it might be worthwhile checking into an AP rate for an extra 20% discount.

of all of us who are going for "hurricane season" together! The CM I talked to this a.m. was so funny, when I asked her why August 4 for the beginning of the discount, she said (deep southern drawl), "Hey, hooooney, just WAIT til y'all see one of our hurry-canes!"
Terri the Yoopermom

Hi,
For anyone going before Aug 4th, if that is the date, Make 2 ressies. Your rate is keyed to your first night and doesn't change. Lat year we went 2 days before value season. We made a ressie for the first two days, and then a second ressie for the rest of the stay. Usually they link the two so that you don't have to move, but just have to go to the lobby to get new id cards and a new parking permit. It saved us quite a bit of money, I think we jumped from $42 to $33 for the remainder of our vacation.Hope this helps. Val

Hi Val,

Your point about having two reservations caught my eye since I now have two so I could get an AP discount. When you checked in, did you mention that you had two reservations? The reason I'm asking is that someone posted that sometimes they will let you check in for both reservations if the first one is for a short length of time, and by doing that, you won't have to move. You said that you didn't have to move. Did you go out to the checkin area early in the morning before a lot of people would normally check in?

Thanks for any info you can give. I'd really like to try and avoid having to move unless I really have to :D

Jeff

Jeff,
Last year we had a ressie for 3 days and then for 12 days. We did have to go back to get our new room keys and car pass for the second reservation, but did not have to move. I think they try to link the two together so that you can stay in the same loop. I don't think we paid for the second reservation until it was time for that one too. It saved us quite a bit of money though, and was well worth it. Make sure that you tell them when you first check in that you have another reservation. I am assuming that the second reservation is for the same type of accomodation (preferred and preferred). If they are different they might make you change. I don't think we went especially eary in the morning to reregister, I think they just kept us in the same spot. Hope you got great rates. the discount allowed us to stay a little longer:bounce:
Hope this helps, Val

Thanks Val.

Both reservations are for the same type of site, so I should be alright there. I'll make sure to mention both reservations when I check in. It's sounding like I probably won't have to move, which would be great.

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter