Has anyone had “just a cold” since Covid has been in the US?

I wouldn’t worry either. My brothers boss didn’t tell them anything until after he got his positive results. Had he not told them my brother would’ve never tested. I don’t think most people would test for a runny nose or very minor symptoms. We all do need to remember there are other viruses out here that people will catch. Not just covid. Also my pediatrician has always told me that most viruses will run it’s course in 72 hours. Since you’re feeling better after 3 days I’m going to assume it was just a regular ole virus. Lol. Glad you are feeling better!
Really not a great assumption given the overwhelming number of cases that are mild and/or asymptomatic. Community spread is coming from somewhere and this is a much more likely avenue than from those who are extremely sick and presumably not able to be out and around.

Really not a great assumption given the overwhelming number of cases that are mild and/or asymptomatic. Community spread is coming from somewhere and this is a much more likely avenue than from those who are extremely sick and presumably not able to be out and around.

The fact that everyone else in her household also had the same illness and tested negative I would think she’s negative too.

The fact that everyone else in her household also had the same illness and tested negative I would think she’s negative too.

And please, can I add that as soon as we thought the baby might have Covid we immediately self-quarantined until we got his *mother's* results back five days later. Nobody left my house except to get in the car and go to the urgent care for the tests.

Me, no. All that hand washing and hand sanitizer and wearing a mask could be why. But I normally only get colds in the winter and winter hasn't come yet during the pandemic.

My neighbor and his wife both thought they had colds. He is a stage 4 cancer patient and his Doctor ordered a covid-19 test, and it was covid-19 not a cold. Same with his wife. So very lucky given is health issues that is call covid was for them.

Youngest in high school has a sore throat now, probably from the stupid masks. Funny how kids are getting sick from colds just as they always do while also wearing the masks. Even more proof in many people's eyes.
That's because the kids touch something and then move their masks or touch their eyes. We have a cold going around a few cohorts here at school. One of the cohorts I have has the cold. This cohort will not wash their hands before they're taken to lunch. No one in the cohort has tested positive for COVID.

I have a question about this. It is so unfortunate that covid symptoms mimic the symptoms of the common cold. Are we supposed to run to the dr. every time we get a sniffle or a cough? If so, it seems like we will be running to the dr. or covid test sites constantly.

What we are doing is if you have symptoms you are either sent home or told not to come to school. If you have the symptoms for 48 hours then you must have a COVID test before returning to school. The county and the school district paired up and all COVID tests are free for district employees and students. The testing site is the parking lot of the water park and in a very central location for us and the only other district that went back 100% in-person for those who did not want online. Parents are onboard with this because they want their kids in school.

I've had a couple of days of cold/flu like symptoms a couple of times since it's all started.

I didn't even leave our house except to go in the yard, on car/truck rides with hubby, or to my office where I'm the only one in the building until about mid-May. I'm brave now and actually go to the grocery store every once in awhile (with mask and hand sanitizer) and we take our RV on trips for hubby's work. He goes into the office on the weekend (he is an IT consultant and what he does requires no one to be on the network) and so far there have only been two times when one other person has been there. He wears a mask if anyone else is in the office with him, takes hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes at all times. The dog and I stay at the RV, take walks around the park and occasionally go on rides with hubby when he gets homes. When he gets home, I open the door for him and turn on the sink so he washes his hands as soon as he walks in the door. RVs are great for social distancing.

I'm not young any more (not old either 63) so I have days when I just don't feel well, achy, headache, bones hurt, sore throat. I just assume it is normal and rest on those days. Both my son and I had a bad flu in Jan. when we came back from WDW, his started the day we left, mine the next day. I ended up with walking pneumonia and he had a pretty bad cough. We sort of think we might have had Covid but also think it might have just been the normal WDW flu gunk one gets. He is a RT (was a Navy Corpsman) so he sort of talked me through treatment for mine.

I have sinus pressure and a bit of a runny nose For a couple of days. No cough, lethargy or aches, and temp has been 98ish every day.I usually get this every fall when the temps drop and it’s been raining here for 2 days. But I have had the same concern...should I go to the doctor and get tested? I never would normally, but this isn’t a normal year. My daughter just returned to school this week and we have been extra cautious since my husband has a heart condition. He does a drive by test for work every week, he was negative yesterday. Also just got my flu vaccine a few days ago

Sure, and maybe/probably she is, but I just don't understand why everybody seems to be searching for reasons not to get tested. I know @BlueStarryHat mentioned self-isolating when symptoms occurred but is everybody doing that? It would appear the opposite - that people are trying to convince themselves they couldn't possibly have Covid and are carrying on their normal routine regardless.

My teenage son has had 2 colds and I have had one. I know for sure it wasn't covid because I had an antibody test done shortly afterward. Last week, I also had what felt like a sinus cold for 3 days. I'm sure it wasn't covid that time either, although cant be 100% positive since I haven't been tested. It could have also been bad allergies, as I had to stop my allergy medicine while I await some medical appointments.

My dad in Florida has been sick with a virus twice since March. He was tested both times (because he is 73) and it was negative both times.

Sure, and maybe/probably she is, but I just don't understand why everybody seems to be searching for reasons not to get tested. I know @BlueStarryHat mentioned self-isolating when symptoms occurred but is everybody doing that? It would appear the opposite - that people are trying to convince themselves they couldn't possibly have Covid and are carrying on their normal routine regardless.

Its not so easy for people to get tested in some areas. Most places here want a prescription. So if you don’t have a primary care doctor you have to find one. Let’s hope you have insurance too. Then you need to set up a telemed visit or hope your doctor will just write you a script without seeing you.

And if every single person with a sniffle or sneeze went to get tested I’m sure that would eventually overwhelm the testing sites.

No, but I had mono. W.T.H.???

I have a small company of 16 people, we provide industrial supplies and personal protection equipment. We have not stopped working, we are at the office 6 days a week. No one has had COVID, no one has had a cold, anyone that coughs or sneezes more than 3 times is sent home.

We are masked, social distanced, wipe down hard surfaces twice a day, diffuse essential oils in all common areas, take temperatures every day, limit visitors to the office, our delivery drivers wear disposable gloves, and everyone has copious amounts of hand sanitizer.

I am the only person that had been sick. :crazy2: My entire house was put on quarantine despite me testing negative for COVID 2X. Since I had COVID like symptoms, the reception desk at my doctor's office did not want me to come to the office. I finally sent my dr a direct message and said something was wrong, it is not COIVD and I needed to come in.

With even just some of those symptoms, any employee at my workplace would be required to isolate immediately and wouldn’t be admitted back to work without written proof of a negative Covid test result. That rule was put in place way back in March when our Covid response protocols were being hastily established and it hasn’t changed. Although we are not a health-care business, I think it’s reasonable. Who among us today would be comfortable in close quarters with a coworker who had those symptoms?
Yes, this is why we had DH quarantine in the basement so no one else in the house got sick. Even though we knew he did not have COVID and therefore if one of the rest of us got sick it would most likely be the same cold and not COVID, we still would not be able to go to work/school/travel with any of those symptoms.

Oh that’s awful! How sick did they all get? Right now we really only know people who died of it or were hospitalized, so it’s hard not to panic. We won’t be going anywhere, and if this turns into a full-fledged cough, he’ll have to get tested

The husband and wife both got it in addition to the mom, luckily their kids were fine. None of them had to go to the hospital thank goodness. The mom truly thought she had “just a cold”; her symptoms were not severe at all. But it’s been 3 weeks since the husband got it and he still has not regained his sense of taste or smell.

My area has had very high COVID numbers so I know several people who caught COVID and did not have severe symptoms or need to be hospitalized. But my grandfather died from COVID along with 19 others in his nursing home. What may be a mild or asymptomatic case for one is a death sentence for another. We all need to be as careful as possible, not only for our own sakes but for others.

So to the PPs saying “should I get a COVID test every time I get the sniffles?” Yes. You could be saving a life.

Its not so easy for people to get tested in some areas. Most places here want a prescription. So if you don’t have a primary care doctor you have to find one. Let’s hope you have insurance too. Then you need to set up a telemed visit or hope your doctor will just write you a script without seeing you.

And if every single person with a sniffle or sneeze went to get tested I’m sure that would eventually overwhelm the testing sites.
This must be making a difference - it's a very onerous-sounding process. I can't speak for all countries with public health care but here in Canada the process for testing has evolved completely since the beginning. Tests are now self-referred and are available at drive-up locations and at pharmacies. Our province of 4+ million consistently processes over 10,000 tests a day. Of course there is no OOP costs to anyone. Rapid-testing technology is being rolled out as well and if it proves accurate and efficient, could be a game-changer to circumvent another wide-spread closure and general lock-down:
https://edmontonjournal.com/news/lo...l-airport-piloting-rapid-covid-19-saliva-test

No, but I had mono. W.T.H.???

I have a small company of 16 people, we provide industrial supplies and personal protection equipment. We have not stopped working, we are at the office 6 days a week. No one has had COVID, no one has had a cold, anyone that coughs or sneezes more than 3 times is sent home.

We are masked, social distanced, wipe down hard surfaces twice a day, diffuse essential oils in all common areas, take temperatures every day, limit visitors to the office, our delivery drivers wear disposable gloves, and everyone has copious amounts of hand sanitizer.

I am the only person that had been sick. :crazy2: My entire house was put on quarantine despite me testing negative for COVID 2X. Since I had COVID like symptoms, the reception desk at my doctor's office did not want me to come to the office. I finally sent my dr a direct message and said something was wrong, it is not COIVD and I needed to come in.

Everything else you said makes sense but I'm curious about the bolded. What does that help with when it comes to COVID?

Nobody in my house has had a cold, we've had sinus issues due to allergies though.
It's ragweed season here still so I'm sniffling and have post nasal drip that sometimes leads to coughing. I feel all eyes on me when I'm out and about.

Everything else you said makes sense but I'm curious about the bolded. What does that help with when it comes to COVID?

Nobody in my house has had a cold, we've had sinus issues due to allergies though.
It's ragweed season here still so I'm sniffling and have post nasal drip that sometimes leads to coughing. I feel all eyes on me when I'm out and about.
Theives essential oil blend that kills germs. When it is in the air, people inhale it, it kills germs on surfaces in the kitchen and our bathrooms. We have 4 diffusers through out the office and some individuals have a personal diffuser in their individual office. Essential oils are not a "magic cure" but we are a pretty healthy office overall and I do believe they help. All employees know that we want them at home if they are sick, everyone is pretty good about it.

https://newschannel9.com/news/local/fourth-grader-wins-science-fair-for-cleaning-product-experimenthttp://www.dranniesexperiments.com/essential-oil-testing

I had a cold. Productive cough and congestion. It lasted 7-10 days, so I wasn't concerned about COVID at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter