• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has Anyone had a Waitlist Come Through Recently

Thanks! I tried chat a few minutes ago and they said my Waitlist was still active so it hasn't matched yet womp womp
If you happen to call into MS for something else, have them check again. I was told that in chat and then ended up calling not 10 min later for something else and it actually had matched.

So I had another instance of stalking after waitlist matched.

I had a WL for one night at VGC. I saw the night before and after come available, so I thought maybe I had matched, but a week goes by, no notification. I asked on chat but they said I showed an active waitlist. In hindsight, that may have been one I have going for renters on my other contract. Anyway, today I saw the night come open so I grabbed it and dropped the waitlist. Sure enough, the night was still available. VGC is so small, I’m pretty darn sure I already had snagged that night via the waitlist and it just wasn’t processed yet. but, either way, I’m happy to have two nights now for my daughters dance weekend. We never get the dates 7 months out so it’s always tricky!

We had 3 nights waitlisted for Polynesian in November, part of a split stay with AKL DVC. The other day I saw 2 of the 3 available so I grabbed them, had to do two reservations as they were the 1st and 3rd day. So I deleted the waitlist and now have a waitlist for just the one remaining day, but still stalking it as I think I will be quicker than the waitlist.

For the second time ever, I had a WL match last week for November 11 to complete a nine-night stay in a one bedroom P/G view at BWVs (it was the first of my nine nights and I had a studio booked). I had a WL and stalked every single day a disgusting amount of time a day. I actually had called DVC because I couldn't make my ADRs and asked them to please check to see if any availability for November 11 and they came back and said my WL had been filled just not processed.

Hey Guys! I was wondering if anyone has had a wait list come through lately? We arrive in 22 days and I have a waitlist to extend our room one additional night at the end of our trip. I have another room/view booked for that last night right now. Waiting patiently for it to come through but just wondering if anyone else has been successful with waitlisting lately. Thanks!
I just added an extra night to my Saratoga springs reservation 5 days out from our check in. was amazed how easy it was. Sept 24- through Oct 1.

We had 3 nights waitlisted for Polynesian in November, part of a split stay with AKL DVC. The other day I saw 2 of the 3 available so I grabbed them, had to do two reservations as they were the 1st and 3rd day. So I deleted the waitlist and now have a waitlist for just the one remaining day, but still stalking it as I think I will be quicker than the waitlist.

update: I took the advice from this and another thread and used the chat feature and whalla! We now have our third day. The waitlist had come through. Now they will combine the three reservations into one.

Any waitlists come through for early Dec.?

I know a studio for BLT in early Dec. is almost hopeless but still.........

We do have a nice setup, 8 nights BLT lake view studio and 6 nights AKL kidani, but still have two waitlists for either one more or two more BLT nights.

I have two waitlists...waiting for the same dates in early December. I have SSR booked, but would like to surprise my wife (it's our first trip together in 14 years) with an upgrade to either Poly or BLT...long shots I know, but can't win if you don't play.

Any waitlists come through for early Dec.?

I know a studio for BLT in early Dec. is almost hopeless but still.........

We do have a nice setup, 8 nights BLT lake view studio and 6 nights AKL kidani, but still have two waitlists for either one more or two more BLT nights.
I had a Dec 3rd WL for a studio at CCV come thru a week ago.

At the advice here, I chatted with MS and my BC waitlist for Nov 5 had matched. Now I won't have to change rooms after running a 10k!

I'm not 100% sure on what people mean by checking to see if their wishlist has matched. Can someone ELI5?

I'm not 100% sure on what people mean by checking to see if their wishlist has matched. Can someone ELI5?

ELI5 = explain like I’m 5. I had to look that one up.

It‘s a wait list, not a wishlist, if that makes any difference in your understanding.

If not, here goes:
1.When a room you desire is completely booked up, you can create a wait list for those nights.
2.The wait list software does not automatically add those nights to your account when the wait list finds a match. It pulls the room from inventory and holds it on your behalf. A CM has to manually add the reservation to your account.
3.Since manpower is limited, a wait list match can take a while between when the nights are pulled from inventory and when the member actually sees it in their account.
4.Because the delay can be lengthy, some members will inquire about their wait lists status when contacting MS for another purpose.

We just decided last week we would like to go back in January in a studio! I'm sort of stuck on my week since I'm watching my grandson the beginning of January and classes where I work start back up end of January.

Anyway, I have pieced together five nights so far.

However, I had a WL in for two different nights.

Yesterday when I got home from the gym, I looked and there was January 17 sitting right there, even though I had a WL for it. I grabbed it and then canceled my WL and put in for another date I need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter