Has Anyone had a Waitlist Come Through Recently

Today was my lucky day! I have been trying to piece together a 3-night Club Level stay at AKV in June. I was able to get the first and third day and waitlisted for the middle day. I have been stalking that day for a couple of months with no luck. Then at lunch today I decided to check and there it was! I snatched it up and canceled the waitlist, but couldn't figure out to cancel my back-up reservation. So I called MS for help. They canceled the back-up reservation and put in a request to link the three nights into one reservation. (Not sure why she couldn't do it herself, but no matter to me. The trip isn't until 2022 so plenty of time to resolve. The important thing is that all three nights are reserved.)

While I was on the phone, I asked her to check my waitlist for 12/29. I was reserved in Boulder Ridge and wanted Copper Creek. Much to my delight, she told me it was matched and changed the reservation. She even reallocated points to make sure I was using the oldest points first. I'm a happy camper!

Meant to post the other day but on Tuesday afternoon I called MS checking to see how my waitlist for one night at BLT next month is doing because I want to be able to bridge two other nights that I had already booked. The guy that picked up was awesome. He saw that I already had Kidani booked for the same time period and I had told him that I planned to drop that booking if I could get this one night that I needed. He took a look and was all I've got good news. The only thing is I have to wait for them to combine the bookings into one but they said that should take about 5 days.

Meant to post the other day but on Tuesday afternoon I called MS checking to see how my waitlist for one night at BLT next month is doing because I want to be able to bridge two other nights that I had already booked. The guy that picked up was awesome. He saw that I already had Kidani booked for the same time period and I had told him that I planned to drop that booking if I could get this one night that I needed. He took a look and was all I've got good news. The only thing is I have to wait for them to combine the bookings into one but they said that should take about 5 days.
That's awesome! There are so many cases like this. I wonder how long the match occurs before it is processed... days, weeks, or more.

That's awesome! There are so many cases like this. I wonder how long the match occurs before it is processed... days, weeks, or more.
It’s totally inappropriate on DVC’s behalf because while waitlist matches are sitting there waiting to be processed, there are two rooms unavailable to be booked rather than just one…

Most often they match pretty quickly, but in recent times, it seems to be taking longer.

I have had a match happen and show up within 24 hours of putting it in.

Was using automatic refresh Monday-Friday while at work and today, January 16 popped up for our
standard studio at SSR and I was able to snag it! Yey!
I had a WL but went in and canceled it.
Have a few points left and see the day before I leave has become available so trying to get that day with one
time use points but with the 40 minute hold time, hoping it is still there when MS finally picks up.
But, I was able to get my room by stalking, not WL.

Big thanks to the those who mentioned stalking the website while waiting for a waitlist because I was able to grab the night we needed myself - and even add on an additional night at the beginning of our stay.

Now just counting down to when I can make ADRs…:hourglass

My renter’s waitlist just filled For BW Pool/Garden studio. Today was literally day 7. It’s a 4 day WL too. I havent gotten an email yet but I swear I never do. I’ll be curious to see if I do get one!

Well, I think my waitlist came through, but was not processed. I had one night std deluxe studio at RIV, but I needed one more night for a pre-cruise stay and had a waitlist for it. A preferred view opened up for both days, so I booked it instead and canceled the waitlist. When I went in to check availability for our post-cruise stay, I saw that both days were available for the std, so I quickly modified my reservation and booked it. So technically my first successful waitlist?

Well, I think my waitlist came through, but was not processed. I had one night std deluxe studio at RIV, but I needed one more night for a pre-cruise stay and had a waitlist for it. A preferred view opened up for both days, so I booked it instead and canceled the waitlist. When I went in to check availability for our post-cruise stay, I saw that both days were available for the std, so I quickly modified my reservation and booked it. So technically my first successful waitlist?

Yup! This happens to me a lot which is why I say the system works more than we think. As long as there is no way of seeing a match that is not yet processed, all we can do is guess when stalking.

I have had a one night wait list requested for December to add on at the end of a trip. I check maybe a few times a week and found the room was available yesterday so snagged it. Wait list Was just still hanging out there. I checked again this morning because I forgot to cancel the wait list and sure enough, wait list still there and the room is still available for that same night. I am not a big website stalker but glad I had been checking, first time we've had a wait list fail to work when there was an opening.

I have had a one night wait list requested for December to add on at the end of a trip. I check maybe a few times a week and found the room was available yesterday so snagged it. Wait list Was just still hanging out there. I checked again this morning because I forgot to cancel the wait list and sure enough, wait list still there and the room is still available for that same night. I am not a big website stalker but glad I had been checking, first time we've had a wait list fail to work when there was an opening.

It can take days for a CM to process a waitlist that is matched, so it is still possible you had a room. Regardless, that is why I am fine with things the way they are because if it shows up, and I can get it, it means I get to process it, and if I cancel and I did have a match...which has happened a lot...it means someone else is getting it!

I've had good luck the last month. Two nights at OKW-Studio came through for next week so my daughter could go for spring break and 1 night at BLT just came through, so that I could have 2 nights at BLT instead of 1 night at BLT and 1 night at AKV the first weekend of April. I added that waitlist request about 2-3 weeks ago to extend a trip at Riviera last week of March.

Just had a waitlist come through last night for the entire Memorial Day weekend (Thursday through Monday May 26-30) at Boardwalk. Been waiting several months and assumed it just wasn't going to happen but lo and behold there we are. It replaced our Beach Club stay for those dates so somebody else likely just got some pixie dust on their Beach Club waitlist! (We own at Beach Club and stay there most of the time so we wanted to change it up a little this time)

I had put a WL in for GFVs one bedroom, standard view, for October 8-9 to add to my ressie. I stalked and got it on my own 1-2 days later and canceled the WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter