Has anyone had chance to test if new ADR cancellation policy is actually working?

Maggie The Cat

Mouseketeer
Now can cancel ADR 2 hours ahead in app - if you've done this, did you incur a penalty or not?
I haven't found any information if this is a reality and it seems there is no more reporting on it.

Now can cancel ADR 2 hours ahead in app - if you've done this, did you incur a penalty or not?
I haven't found any information if this is a reality and it seems there is no more reporting on it.
Per Disney Food Blog ~

"UPDATE: This change appears to have been a glitch in the My Disney Experience app. When we tried to use it again a few hours later, we could push “Cancel,” but our dining reservation would still appear on our schedule. If we tried again, the app would re-direct us to a page that said we should call Disney at (407) 939-3463 in order to cancel our dining reservations. For now, it looks like Disney’s normal cancellation policies are still in place."

I canceled a reservation a few hours before my reservation time and I did not incur a penalty charge. This was for an 11/5 dinner reservation at Trail's End.

I made a dining reservation after this came out and it still says to cancel one day in advance, so I am going with that unless Disney changes it on the reservation. Too risky to take a chance for me since they charge you.

Disney World to Reinstate Dining & Experiences Cancellation Policy Tomorrow

After pausing cancellation fees for dining and special experiences due to Hurricane Nicole, Disney World has announced that they will reinstate no-show penalties beginning November 12th. Here’s the announcement:

We will not enforce cancellation policies until Saturday, November 12 for dining and other experiences like Savi’s Workshop and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Guests with pre-paid reservations cancelled due to Tropical Storm Nicole will be cancelled and refunded to the original form of payment

Disney World to Reinstate Dining & Experiences Cancellation Policy Tomorrow

After pausing cancellation fees for dining and special experiences due to Hurricane Nicole, Disney World has announced that they will reinstate no-show penalties beginning November 12th. Here’s the announcement:

We will not enforce cancellation policies until Saturday, November 12 for dining and other experiences like Savi’s Workshop and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Guests with pre-paid reservations cancelled due to Tropical Storm Nicole will be cancelled and refunded to the original form of payment
This was related solely due to Hurricane Nicole coming through and messing up plans for people who were already in Orlando, and people who couldn't get there.

The OP is referring to a brief change in MDE where ADRs we're cancelable up to 2 hours before time. We're not sure if it was a test or a bug.

This was related solely due to Hurricane Nicole coming through and messing up plans for people who were already in Orlando, and people who couldn't get there.

The OP is referring to a brief change in MDE where ADRs we're cancelable up to 2 hours before time. We're not sure if it was a test or a bug.
Yes, I’m aware. Just adding the fees are now back, just incase anyone is there.

It’s a reasonable policy - they lose business when people cancel close to reservation time; they have no way of making up for it
This used to be the case.

With the My Disney Experience app, I'm not sure how much this still applies. With smart phones, Guests who are at the park typically are desperate for dining reservations.

Disney could easily modify the app to notify Guests of same-day dining reservations. I suspect these would quickly be taken for all but a handful of the less popular restaurants.

With the My Disney Experience app, I'm not sure how much this still applies. With smart phones, Guests who are at the park typically are desperate for dining reservations.

Disney could easily modify the app to notify Guests of same-day dining reservations. I suspect these would quickly be taken for all but a handful of the less popular restaurants.
Oh, that’s a good idea….!

I like the app a lot, but another modification they should make is to allow for updates when pools are closed and reopened.

^This.
There are plenty of guests ready and waiting to snatch those reservations. They get filled all the time.

"Being able to cancel in the app" and "not getting charged" are 2 different things, and I wouldn't put it past them that they are letting people cancel in the app so people will stop calling in to cancel, but they will still charge the $10 pp. Especially since ADRs made today still say you have to cancel one day prior to reservation. Need someone to cancel today and confirm, LOL.

I just tested it. I would be nice if some other gave this a try as well.

1:00pm:
-Booked City Works at DS for 3:30, same day.
-Got the confirmation email
-Cancelled in app no problem.
-No warning about being charged.

1:05pm:
-Booked Chefs de France at EP for 3:30, same day.
-Received confirmation email.
-Attempted to cancel in app, got an error message that I needed to call in.
-Modified the reservation for 4:15.
-Received confirmation email.
-Attempted to cancel in app, got an error message to call in.
-Moved the reservation to the next day at 4:15, then successfully cancelled in the app.

Some other datapoints would be extremely helpful for the forum. Just book for a party of one so worst case, you're only out $10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter