Has anyone had luck with a walk up for CRT?

Ashleybritton

Mouseketeer
I have been checking the app constantly with no luck. I’m looking for a dinner (preferably) reservation at CRT on the 7th which is a Tuesday. I’m thinking a walk up is probably unlikely because you pay in advance. Has anyone been able to snag one and if so, do you recommend going first thing in the morning, or closer to dinner time? Thank you!

I think walk ups are rare since it's prepaid and requires a longer cancellation time. Keep watching the app.

I'm right there with you. I've been trying for a CRT breakfast or lunch for the 8th since my 60 days with no luck so far.

You are most likely to see an opening pop up one or two days before your desired date - that's when people start re-assessing how realistic their plans are and drop ADRs while they still can. I even saw a CRT late dinner available day-of back in mid-October.

Yes, keep checking. I too would check every day and usually multiple times/day. Thought there was no chance and then last week a whole bunch of reservation times opened for our trip some on the day we planned to be in the MK next week so I snagged one.

Last edited:
I have been checking the app constantly with no luck. I’m looking for a dinner (preferably) reservation at CRT on the 7th which is a Tuesday. I’m thinking a walk up is probably unlikely because you pay in advance. Has anyone been able to snag one and if so, do you recommend going first thing in the morning, or closer to dinner time? Thank you!
I've seen last minute availability, though I could not say if they were last minute pop ups.

That said, I dined there not that long ago, and the food as REALLY bad. Like some of our food was inedible. Think carrots that were so tough/rubbery we could not chew them, which is a shame given the price.

If you don't get CRT, the good news is there are a number of alternate options that are worthwhile. Consider dining at the Contemporary or the Grand Floridian. While maybe not where you are hoping to dine GF has some excellent dining options.

Good luck!

I've seen last minute availability, though I could not say if they were last minute pop ups.

That said, I dined there not that long ago, and the food as REALLY bad. Like some of our food was inedible. Think carrots that were so tough/rubbery we could not chew them, which is a shame given the price.

If you don't get CRT, the good news is there are a number of alternate options that are worthwhile. Consider dining at the Contemporary or the Grand Floridian. While maybe not where you are hoping to dine GF has some excellent dining options.

Good luck!
We're going to WDW and CRT for our grandchildren. As far as I have been able to tell in the 50 yrs I've been going, there are very few restaurants in the parks that would make it outside of the Disney bubble.

We actually really enjoyed our meal at CRT in September.
After reading so many reports here on the Disboards that the food is terrible and it’s really about the experience, we were very surprised at how much we enjoyed our food.
Like, really enjoyed it and thought it was very good.
We got a fish and a pasta dish.
Dessert was just so-so, but the mains were really good and we also got a couple of the wine flights.
I’m surprised to say that I would do it again.
OP- I hope you get this ressie!

We're going to WDW and CRT for our grandchildren. As far as I have been able to tell in the 50 yrs I've been going, there are very few restaurants in the parks that would make it outside of the Disney bubble.
I'd put Topolino's in that category. Though part of the appeal is the view at 9pm.

There are quite a few off-property places that survive merely because they are located within a successful hotel, IMO. As in the hotel does well, but the restaurants are either not great, or they just don't get much business.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter