Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Do character breakfast - specifically Plaza Inn - drop right at the 60 day mark or do they open in a different time period? I have checked right at 6:00 AM the last couple days and there is nothing available.

I wish they had pre opening times for Plaza Inn for Minnie's breakfast, no way I can walk into DL for the first time and say ok kids time to eat!

Thought about doing a later breakfast, with just some snacks in the room, but just decided to do Storytellers on our DCA day, with a 730 reservation.

fyi, i was up before 6am the past 3 days to get my reservations. Last two days they were open before the 6am mark. I checked just in case at 5:50 and I could make reservations for my 60 day out marker, and several times were already gone for what I wanted! There were still "times", but later than I hoped. So, if you are trying for a resv that is super hard to get, I would recommend start checking even earlier than 6am pst.

fyi, i was up before 6am the past 3 days to get my reservations. Last two days they were open before the 6am mark. I checked just in case at 5:50 and I could make reservations for my 60 day out marker, and several times were already gone for what I wanted! There were still "times", but later than I hoped. So, if you are trying for a resv that is super hard to get, I would recommend start checking even earlier than 6am pst.
thank you.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. For the last several days I have started checking 20 minutes before 6:00. Each time I get the message at the bottom of my phone that they are having trouble loading the page and to try back later. Reservations do come up right at the 6:00 AM mark but there is never anything left for Plaza Inn character breakfast at that time. Not sure what I am doing wrong or if I should be checking for character breakfasts somewhere else in the app? Any hints or tricks on how you get the resies that drop early?

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. For the last several days I have started checking 20 minutes before 6:00. Each time I get the message at the bottom of my phone that they are having trouble loading the page and to try back later. Reservations do come up right at the 6:00 AM mark but there is never anything left for Plaza Inn character breakfast at that time. Not sure what I am doing wrong or if I should be checking for character breakfasts somewhere else in the app? Any hints or tricks on how you get the resies that drop early?
Are you sure your phone has the -real- time? Not sure how else to describe it but clocks in general tend to run late/early even by milliseconds and that can make the whole difference. Download atomic clock app to confirm you have the exact time. For reference, I just checked mine and it's behind by almost 1.5 seconds.

Did anyone get the WOC Desert party for Sunday, September 4th? It shows no times available, but the 3rd still has availability. I'm thinking that it did not drop today.
Mike

Sometimes searching for a specific time works better than breakfast.

I think I messed up. I got Wine County Trattoria reservations with the understanding that when you eat there you can tell them you want the World of Color package and get the voucher. When BB opened up later I assumed that it worked the same way for Fantasmic so I booked normal BB reservations. But now I'm looking and it appears that there are different reservations for BB for the Fantasmic package, and now, of course, it is too late to get them. Can anyone confirm how these two packages work. Thanks

I think I messed up. I got Wine County Trattoria reservations with the understanding that when you eat there you can tell them you want the World of Color package and get the voucher. When BB opened up later I assumed that it worked the same way for Fantasmic so I booked normal BB reservations. But now I'm looking and it appears that there are different reservations for BB for the Fantasmic package, and now, of course, it is too late to get them. Can anyone confirm how these two packages work. Thanks
Disney does like to make things confusing. Their Fantasmic Dining information on the reservation site says "Lunch and dinner Guests can request the Blue Bayou Fantasmic! Dining Package from their server. It cannot be reserved in advance at this time. Availability is limited." So I think your should be OK to just request when you get there. Hopefully, someone will report back who has actually done this.

So with the blue bayou fantasmic..

The Fantasmic dinning page includes a drop down menu that includes blue bayou, but when you try to search for times absolutly nothing comes up.

If you go directly to the blue bayou page you can find lots of times.

So we are about 30 days from making reservations. We 8 days worth of reservations to make. I just read the Minnie's breakfast thread and I don't remember that one being that hard to get in the past! So what are the hardest things to get these days? We are doing a lot..

Goofy's kitchen dinner on arrival day
Trader sams
Lamplight lounge
WOC dessert party (1st show)
Minnies breakfast
Blue bayou fantasmic
Ogas
Princess breakfast on our OBB day
Storytellers breakfast departure day

So we are about 30 days from making reservations. We 8 days worth of reservations to make. I just read the Minnie's breakfast thread and I don't remember that one being that hard to get in the past! So what are the hardest things to get these days? We are doing a lot..

Trader sams
Lamplight lounge
Minnies breakfast
Blue bayou fantasmic
Ogas
FYI, I made a WOC dessert party reservation for my upcoming trip, and had set up a dining alert, and it alerted me way early in the morning, before the 6am drop time for other res. Worked out for me as I was trying for Princess breakfast and WOC same day.

FYI, I made a WOC dessert party reservation for my upcoming trip, and had set up a dining alert, and it alerted me way early in the morning, before the 6am drop time for other res. Worked out for me as I was trying for Princess breakfast and WOC same day.
Oh I had never thought to set the alert before the actual 60 days. Smart!

Trader sams
Lamplight lounge
Minnies breakfast
Blue bayou fantasmic
Ogas
Easy to hardest:
The easiest are: Goofy's kitchen, Storytellers, Princess breakfast. They are large seating areas and many time spots. They are also all offsite and the pricier character dining experiences.

WOC Dessert - they don't seem as limited (as you pay in advance??). Right now, I can find availability on various days. But, other events may interfere with show times if you are going Sept/Oct timeframe.

Medium chances seem to be: Lamplight, Ogas, Trader Sams. You will likley need to be flexible on time and on top of making the reservations 60 days out.

Confusing/hard to get: Blue bayou fantasmic (there's some weirdness with system and description around reserving a "fantasmic package" vs. ask your server. Hopefully it will clear up in near future.) If you can't get a fantasmic package, try for a regular one. A backup would also be Riverbelle lunch and ask for the fantasmic package. Lunch time will likely get you the first show time (first come first serve).

Very hard to get: Minnies & friends breakfast...so it seems.

I was able to snag a BB lunch; no Fantasmic package so hopefully we can ask when we check in (it's my friend's first time seeing it there!). Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences - I thought WDW dining was rough but this was a whole different ballgame 😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter