Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

We decided to do our Storyteller reservation on the check out day of our first hotel. We'll be picking up a car that morning as well, so we'll need to park at the grand Californian. I know they offer free parking for 3 hours. For this, do you park in the lot immediately in front of the hotel, or do you park across the street?

Beyond that, and beyond dining, is there anything you recommend seeing or doing while at the Grand? We'll probably try to stay the 3 hours we have for parking to get us to check in time for our second hotel, just wasn't sure what, if anything, there is to do there besides just looking around.

Thanks all! We arrive in Anaheim on Saturday and we are very excited!
You may have to park in the lot across the way, but you can't do so until you've checked in with the CM at the gatehouse in the driveway. So pull in, tell them you're here for a breakfast reservation at Storytellers (they may ask for your confirmation) and then they will give you directions on what to do/where to go.

You may have to park in the lot across the way, but you can't do so until you've checked in with the CM at the gatehouse in the driveway. So pull in, tell them you're here for a breakfast reservation at Storytellers (they may ask for your confirmation) and then they will give you directions on what to do/where to go.
Excellent info! Thanks so much!

I will be able to book my dining reservations in 3 days. I've been monitoring the reservations for a week now and it seems it's impossible to get Oga's, Blue Bayou or Lamplighter. :confused3

What am I doing wrong? When do they release the reservations for the next day? Do I need to be up and on my computer at 4:00 AM to have a chance of getting anything?

I will be able to book my dining reservations in 3 days. I've been monitoring the reservations for a week now and it seems it's impossible to get Oga's, Blue Bayou or Lamplighter. :confused3

What am I doing wrong? When do they release the reservations for the next day? Do I need to be up and on my computer at 4:00 AM to have a chance of getting anything?
Unfortunately it’s all a mystery. They are not on top of releasing reservations on time. They’re typically available between 45-60 days out and it’s not consistent. Usually a block of dates is dropped sometime during that timeframe and not all restaurants at once.

Best advice is to keep checking and don’t give up. also, it’s best to check the dining page for hours. If there are no hours available, they will not have released reservations for that restaurant. If the hours are available, but no adrs, that either means they’ll be releasing adrs soon or they could all be gone.

Today is the 60 day window for me, so I got up at 2:55AM (Pacific) and hit the computer and logged into the Disneyland site. I refreshed the dining reservation page at 3:00AM and Blue Bayou showed up with full availability around the 6PM time I searched for. I snagged my reservation without issue. Looks like they are all gone now. I didn't even think about looking for Oga's. Maybe I'll be getting up at 3:00AM tomorrow as well...

Today is the 60 day window for me, so I got up at 2:55AM (Pacific) and hit the computer and logged into the Disneyland site. I refreshed the dining reservation page at 3:00AM and Blue Bayou showed up with full availability around the 6PM time I searched for. I snagged my reservation without issue. Looks like they are all gone now. I didn't even think about looking for Oga's. Maybe I'll be getting up at 3:00AM tomorrow as well...

Ahhhh! Thank you! So 3 AM is the magic hour! I know when I book for Disney World I have to be on at 4:00 AM. I'm in the Pacific time zone too.

Thank you. I will be at 60 days in 3 days! :yay:

Ahhhh! Thank you! So 3 AM is the magic hour! I know when I book for Disney World I have to be on at 4:00 AM. I'm in the Pacific time zone too.

Thank you. I will be at 60 days in 3 days! :yay:
Yes, that's the magic hour. But.... DLR has been, shall we say, a bit inconsistent? Now in some cases that was regarding restaurants that were just reopening post pandemic, but try 3 AM, hope for the best, and be prepared that it's possible for some reason the place you want won't be released exactly then.
(Or maybe now they've worked out all the kinks, but I wouldn't count on it.)

My vacation is in 42 days and I watched ADR's super close. Lamplighter never came open until my 54th day. FYI

Best advice is to keep checking and don’t give up. also, it’s best to check the dining page for hours. If there are no hours available, they will not have released reservations for that restaurant. If the hours are available, but no adrs, that either means they’ll be releasing adrs soon or they could all be gone.

The 3 restaurants I'd like to get for my up coming trip are Lamplighter, Blue Bayou and Oga's Cantina.

After researching this, I see Lamplighter doesn't have hours for Sept 28 - Oct. 1 (when I'm going to be there). I guess you all are saying they have not released hours for it yet because of the Oogie Boogie Bash?

I will try 3:00 AM for Blue Bayou. I tried to check it this morning but when my alarm went off, I turned it off and fell asleep. I woke up a little after 4 and Blue Bayou was gone for the newly open booking day.

Has anyone ever gotten a reservation to Oga's?!?

The 3 restaurants I'd like to get for my up coming trip are Lamplighter, Blue Bayou and Oga's Cantina.

After researching this, I see Lamplighter doesn't have hours for Sept 28 - Oct. 1 (when I'm going to be there). I guess you all are saying they have not released hours for it yet because of the Oogie Boogie Bash?

I will try 3:00 AM for Blue Bayou. I tried to check it this morning but when my alarm went off, I turned it off and fell asleep. I woke up a little after 4 and Blue Bayou was gone for the newly open booking day.

Has anyone ever gotten a reservation to Oga's?!?
The Blue Bayou calendar is greyed out after 9/25. So it's a good thing you got some extra sleep. :)
ETA so are LL and Oga's -- My math shows that's due to the 60 day limit, but I'm pretty tired right now so could be off on that.

I just happened to be awake between 3 and 5 this morning. I didn’t even try ink to look until almost 4 for Blue Bayou. Today is 60 days out for me. There were three time slots available. I grabbed one for lunch as dinner was gone. Maybe I’ll try to get up at 3:00 in a couple days to see if I can get a better day/time, but at least I have something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter