• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Our dates aren’t until December but I keep randomly finding times available for the breakfast-character dining (storytellers) for 4 guests but not for 6. This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know if you’re able to make reservations and then add guests after? Anything above 5 guests I’m just having a hard time finding available times for at the moment. I’m hoping it’s because they just opened it up, and that it will be much easier to find ressies for group of 6 closer to our December trip 😰🤞🏻

I have added guests but it has been a very long time - 2012 I had originally made reservations for Minnie & Friends, and for the Princess Breakfast at Ariel's Grotto for just my family of (then) 5. Additional extended family was able to join, and I was able to call and add an additional 5 for each event - I did have to call, and I was happy to adjust our time (heck, even our day if it had come to it), but they were able to adjust our reservation.

I have absolutely no idea if this is remotely the same experience anymore, but you could try grabbing the time you want and then calling to add. Worst case you have to cancel it and keep looking!

I've had luck finding Blue Bayou reservations for my trip, but not for Oga's Cantina. It doesn't appear that those times post when Blue Bayou does at 3 A.M. Does anyone know what time Oga's reservation slots drop?

I have added guests but it has been a very long time - 2012 I had originally made reservations for Minnie & Friends, and for the Princess Breakfast at Ariel's Grotto for just my family of (then) 5. Additional extended family was able to join, and I was able to call and add an additional 5 for each event - I did have to call, and I was happy to adjust our time (heck, even our day if it had come to it), but they were able to adjust our reservation.

I have absolutely no idea if this is remotely the same experience anymore, but you could try grabbing the time you want and then calling to add. Worst case you have to cancel it and keep looking!
Yeah the experience that you had is long gone… Because I used to do the same thing… first of all it’s virtually impossible to get somebody on the phone in a reasonable amount of time you’re going to wait ….this morning… I did the chat on the my Disney experience and I put the question in at 8:25 I did not get a response until 10 o’clock… It was for something completely different but it’s taking long periods of time …. And that’s pretty minimal in comparison to calling in… but the issue is I can’t even make a random time slot because they’re not showing up as being physically open… and they are supposed to re-open as of August 12 and no one is being able to make any reservations because they’re not available

I'm right there with you. Carthay for Sept 11 and Lamplight for Sept 13. Really hoping it comes through soon as this constant watching is getting old for things that are now like 40 days out.
i’ve been hearing that lamp light is not showing up reservations until 46 and 47 days out so I don’t know about that either

Sept 9 (first day with no times for DCA restaurants) is only 42 days out now. Really wish there was a hard limit to how low they can go but we will see what happens.
Somebody was speculating earlier that it may have something to do with Oogie Boogie Bash starting up in September, and they’re trying to figure out how that will impact the restaurants in CA. I for one would love to take a break at LL during the Bash- we’re going on the 14th- but we’ll have to see how it all works out.

I just happened to be awake between 3 and 5 this morning. I didn’t even try ink to look until almost 4 for Blue Bayou. Today is 60 days out for me. There were three time slots available. I grabbed one for lunch as dinner was gone. Maybe I’ll try to get up at 3:00 in a couple days to see if I can get a better day/time, but at least I have something!

Today is 60 days out for me too!! party:

I got up at 2:50, refreshed at 3:00:00 asked for 9/28 at 6:00. There it was! But then, I had to sign in! Big mistake not being signed in before 3:00!!!!!! :eek:

Tried again and got 5:50! :yay: Finished the reservation by 3:02. Checked for reservations for 6:00 at 3:03 and all 27 restaurants were unavailable!!! :faint:

And that was just for Day 1 of 4 days!

• Plaza Inn – Minnie & Friends Breakfast (opening August 12; bookings available soon)
That is all we know

I'd love to get a reservation for Minnie's Breakfast for Oct. 1. I assume when they do release, it will be at 3:00 am? So, I better plan on being on the computer at 3 am this Monday. :sad2:

I've had luck finding Blue Bayou reservations for my trip, but not for Oga's Cantina. It doesn't appear that those times post when Blue Bayou does at 3 A.M. Does anyone know what time Oga's reservation slots drop?

Yes, when can you reserve Oga's!? I have never seen any times available for Oga's. Ever! :headache: I guess you can do walk up and wait mobile order when you get there.

And still waiting for Lamplighter to open up for 9/29 and 9/30.....

Last edited:
For over a week I've been trying to get reservations for 9/21 at Storyteller's... I think I tried on the day they released (because you couldn't check for 9/22) I found a reservation for 7:40am, but that's earlier than I wanted. I've checked daily and I've found nothing since (and that single reservation disappeared within a day) We have a day with Halloween Party Tickets, but no park ticket, so I was hoping to do Storyteller's that morning to still have some Disney fun while we wait for 3pm to roll around.

I wonder if they’d also refund the fee they’d charge my credit card for missing a dining reservation… I made a couple opposite park reservations because I figured we’d be there in the evening after hopping. Didn’t know this would be an issue since I don’t think it has been at WDW. Ugh.
Someone probably answered below…I think if you have a reservation they may let you in.

Tomorrow I will be 60 days out from my first day in California Adventure but I guess I won't be able to book anything because they haven't released times for anything in California Adventure past the start of Oogie Boogie's Bash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter