Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

This morning, I was able to book Cafe Orleans and Plaza Inn for our trip in October. Still searching for the elusive BB. I also want to book the dessert party for Oogie Boogie but it doesn’t look like the date I need is available yet.

I have been trying for BB on October 9th as well over the last two days and there has been nothing available. I have been up at 2:30am checking and then again at 5:00am and then at 7:00am and…nada. I saw it switch from no hours of operation showing right before 5:00am CST to specific hours of operation showing after 5:00am and I felt like that would be my trigger to grab a reservation but…sigh…nothing. So I’m with everyone else on here…left wondering if I just missed out or no times have been made available yet. Disneyland…you are breaking my spirit with this nonsense. We are all pros on those boards and if we can’t figure it out…who could?!
Cafe Orleans opened up times this morning for 10/9. I think there's still hope that BB will do the same! :-)

Cafe Orleans opened up times this morning for 10/9. I think there's still hope that BB will do the same! :-)
I got Cafe Orleans for 10/8 this morning, I had a Riverbelle Terrace I released. For some reason the latter is much easier to get, so a good backup option.

Also managed to get Wine Country Trattoria on 10/10 which will be the Oogie Boogie Bash dinner special. Yesterday it looked like it was booked up (hours posted but no availability) then this morning at 3am there were plenty of spots.

Also managed to get Wine Country Trattoria on 10/10 which will be the Oogie Boogie Bash dinner special. Yesterday it looked like it was booked up (hours posted but no availability) then this morning at 3am there were plenty of spots.

Us too! Wine Country on 10/10 for dinner for OBB special. Got the reservation this morning as well.

That's why we are all here. We are all having trouble making dining reservations. :sad2:

I was up at 3 am again trying to get Trader Sam's for 9/27 but the hours are still only posted up to 9/15..

So the saga of trying to book 6 dining reservations continues! :headache:
Since Trader Sam’s actually said reservations are for 8/15-9/15, I’m guessing they’re a trial and that they won’t release more for at least awhile to see how it goes.

I mean, you never know, but I would think it will be a bit before any more of those show up.

That's why we are all here. We are all having trouble making dining reservations. :sad2:

I was up at 3 am again trying to get Trader Sam's for 9/27 but the hours are still only posted up to 9/15..

So the saga of trying to book 6 dining reservations continues! :headache:

On the Trader Sam's page on the Disneyland website it says they are "testing limited time reservations" through September 15.

I don't love that place, I think I've only eaten there in the past to get WoC space, but the price for an actual meal is better than the dessert party. We need to eat something before my kids imbibe pounds of candy.
We're in the same boat. I would much rather eat just about anywhere else in DCA. The price difference between a full meal and a dessert party was a main factor in our decision. That, and the one dessert party we've done previously, we didn't actually like anything in the dessert box. It was all bland and overly sweet. At least this way, I can get a steak for a small upcharge and avoid most of the pasta dishes, and the kids get a fun popcorn bucket too!

I think we're going to try to avoid the treat trails as much as possible, go on a bunch of rides, and do some photo ops. We've always left OBB with too much candy and snacks before.

We're in the same boat. I would much rather eat just about anywhere else in DCA. The price difference between a full meal and a dessert party was a main factor in our decision. That, and the one dessert party we've done previously, we didn't actually like anything in the dessert box. It was all bland and overly sweet. At least this way, I can get a steak for a small upcharge and avoid most of the pasta dishes, and the kids get a fun popcorn bucket too!

I think we're going to try to avoid the treat trails as much as possible, go on a bunch of rides, and do some photo ops. We've always left OBB with too much candy and snacks before.
I'm pretty sure most of WCT's business comes from show packages and that's how they stay in business. DCA has a lot of good food options IMO and this is not one of them. Hard to pass up Carthay for it.

My daughter turns 10 in September so will be a Disney adult by the time we go. Really hoping they'll let her do the kids meal and get the popcorn bucket!

I'm pretty sure most of WCT's business comes from show packages and that's how they stay in business. DCA has a lot of good food options IMO and this is not one of them. Hard to pass up Carthay for it.

My daughter turns 10 in September so will be a Disney adult by the time we go. Really hoping they'll let her do the kids meal and get the popcorn bucket!
My son is already 10, but he might just order from the kids menu anyways....:earsboy:

I totally agree that WCT one of the worst food options at DCA. I think in all our years of driving down to Anaheim from the bay area, we've never thought, "yeah, let's eat at WCT..." Although, the same kinda goes for Boudin and Ghirardelli, as those are so easy to get up here, but at least the food at those locations is pretty good.

We might go to Carthay lounge for lunch/snacks/drinks prior to OBB. Depends on how purchasing magic key goes and if we can get DCA reservations for 10/10.

I don't love that place, I think I've only eaten there in the past to get WoC space, but the price for an actual meal is better than the dessert party. We need to eat something before my kids imbibe pounds of candy.

That's my philosophy too. Real food (if theme park food is considered that), way better value than dessert party (in lieu of horrific real world value), doesn't eat into party time, and the kids get a "souvenir".

My son is already 10, but he might just order from the kids menu anyways....:earsboy:

I totally agree that WCT one of the worst food options at DCA. I think in all our years of driving down to Anaheim from the bay area, we've never thought, "yeah, let's eat at WCT..." Although, the same kinda goes for Boudin and Ghirardelli, as those are so easy to get up here, but at least the food at those locations is pretty good.

We might go to Carthay lounge for lunch/snacks/drinks prior to OBB. Depends on how purchasing magic key goes and if we can get DCA reservations for 10/10.

Ha - Bay Area here too, and I guess we've never even considered Boudin or Ghirardelli at DCA! I generally like Disney food and go for the unique or higher end or character meals. We are a bit spoiled by good food choices at home.

The 60 day window just opened for our arrival day (Oct. 11). Was up at 4 a.m. PT. Not a single reservation for Napa Rose available. Booked Storytellers as a backup ... did the slots really fill up that quickly or has Napa Rose been dropping later than 60 days (I've seen various reports)? I may try calling to see.

I also didn't see Oga’s for anytime on Oct. 11. We're not going into the park until the following day but I'm still closing monitoring BB and Ogas, as we're hoping to book both for Oct. 12.

Just reiterating what everyone else has said. This process is a nightmare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter