• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

In the same boat, totally get it. Thank you for the info!

Just keep checking, just keep checking, just keep checking, checking, checking ...
I now have 2 different alerts set up and I may just stop checking. I really want to go to Oga's, its our first time at Galaxy's Edge. But we could wait until WDW in February to do it. We have what we need to eat.

Keeping an incognito browser window open (bc the site always glitches as a normal window) and checking throughout the work day and at 3am is draining. At this point I feel like Disney has damaged the guest experience enough that I don't want to give it any more energy.

Everything below is on a desktop, in Chrome.

I log into my account and click Account on the top nav. Then I select Manage, in the left-hand menu. It will then show you Alert Methods. I added texts there. :earsboy:
I'm on a desktop using chrome. I asked my question via their question chat thing, which emails you back, and here is what I received:

Hi Cheri,

Yes! In order to add text notifications to your account you must be a paid subscriber. A subscription offers other benefits, too. For more information on pricing and subscription details, see https://***********.com/pricing.

Once you've reviewed that page, feel free to let me know if you have any remaining questions.

Best,
Dustin

This makes the service far less practical for me, as I'm unlikely to see an email in time to snap up a dining reservation!

I now have 2 different alerts set up and I may just stop checking. I really want to go to Oga's, its our first time at Galaxy's Edge. But we could wait until WDW in February to do it. We have what we need to eat.

Keeping an incognito browser window open (bc the site always glitches as a normal window) and checking throughout the work day and at 3am is draining. At this point I feel like Disney has damaged the guest experience enough that I don't want to give it any more energy.
Yup. Was just thinking about adding another alert to hedge our bets. Also tempted to throw in the towel but there are too many outstanding reservations at this point.

I've been getting up at 3 a.m. for fives days and yes ... it's draining!

IIRC it was not at exactly 60 days/3am but soon after. Maybe 59 days and there were a few time options. I've been chasing reservations for a full week now so its all blending together.
They may have released like a week at a time - there weren't times posted for the days before so I think they all dropped at once.

oh shoot I’ve been looking for LL around that time and never got an alert

I'm on a desktop using chrome. I asked my question via their question chat thing, which emails you back, and here is what I received:

Hi Cheri,

Yes! In order to add text notifications to your account you must be a paid subscriber. A subscription offers other benefits, too. For more information on pricing and subscription details, see https://***********.com/pricing.

Once you've reviewed that page, feel free to let me know if you have any remaining questions.

Best,
Dustin

This makes the service far less practical for me, as I'm unlikely to see an email in time to snap up a dining reservation!
Interesting! I *am* a paid user (thought it was worth it for one month, as you can cancel at any time). Good to know.

How likely is it to get a group of 9 at the walk up area of Lamplight? If the adults stay and wait for the table while one adult takes the kids to ride something does that work? Or does the whole party have to wait? We'd like to try it but didn't end up getting reservations for our trip.

Anyone know what the cost of Plaza is for Breakfast? Goofy for Dinner? Storytellers for Breakfast? I can’t seem to get a solid answer

I feel like Lamplight is a hot ticket right now ... glad you were able to get it on Oct. 9! Did it open after the 60-day window or right at 60 days?
IIRC it was not at exactly 60 days/3am but soon after. Maybe 59 days and there were a few time options. I've been chasing reservations for a full week now so its all blending together.
They may have released like a week at a time - there weren't times posted for the days before so I think they all dropped at once.

I got our reservation for LL for first week of October 58 days out.

Last edited:
How likely is it to get a group of 9 at the walk up area of Lamplight? If the adults stay and wait for the table while one adult takes the kids to ride something does that work? Or does the whole party have to wait? We'd like to try it but didn't end up getting reservations for our trip.
Honestly no one really knows but a party of 9 is really big so I could see them saying no because of the party size. I would continue to check to see if there is availibility leading up to your trip.

Man, Disney could totally commercialize this and make even more money. They could probably charge $10/reservation since it was directly from the official site. Maybe make the notification come via the Disney app and a simple “tap accept” to book the reservation. Maybe even an open bidding option. For any day reservations weren’t booked you place a max bid to secure a reservation as soon as they’re released. Any reservations still open on release day are up for free grabs for anyone plus walk ups are free for anyone. I mean MaxPass was a pay to play type thing…

Kinda joking about this, that would really create a class divide…. But at the same time, man I would love to toss $100 at it and know I’ve got all my main reservations made for my trip or something…

This thread has been therapeutic. I’ve been losing my mind. I used to be a fairly savvy Disneylander but haven’t been since 2019. Planning for the 2nd week of October has been a nightmare. I can’t find a BB, Olga, Lamplight, nothing. I finally got a Carthay Al Fresco (whatever that is) and the easily-available Cafe Orléans. That’s it. I’m starting to think it’s going to be a quick service trip (which I hear is its own special nightmare now thanks to mobile ordering). I feel like that meme where I’m walking with Disneyland but staring back longingly at Knotts and Universal.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter