• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

there are 3rd party websites that offer this service, you cannot set an alert through Disney, we can’t share links so just google disneyland dining alerts

If Carnation Cafe follows the pattern of other restaurants, it probably won’t open reservations until a few days before opening Sept 16.

A way to predict if they are close to taking reservations is to look up the restaurant on the All Dining page on Disney. Click the calendar for the day you want to book. If it says ‘no times available’ that means nothing has been loaded for the restaurant. Once you start seeing actual breakfast, lunch and dinner times then reservations will most likely be available to book in the next day or two. If you look at Carnation Cafe now for dates in late Sept, it still shows no times even though it has been announced that it is opening Sept 16.

Thanks so much! One other quick question. Has anybody had luck with walking up to Minnie’s breakfast at rope drop? We decided to book this trip last week and everything for plaza is taken. I was hoping they may be able to slide us in if we were there early enough, but wanted to see If anyone has had success with this since the park has reopened with Covid restrictions.

Last edited:
3 am pacific
200.gif

Thanks so much! One other quick question. Has anybody had luck with walking up to Minnie’s breakfast at rope drop? We decided to book this trip last week and everything for plaza is taken. I was hoping they may be able to slide us in if we were there early enough, but wanted to see If anyone has had success with this since the park has reopened with Covid restrictions.
No experience, but definitely try it. Most DL TS restaurants were taking walk up reservations when we were there a few weeks ago. The earlier you can get there, the better chance you’ll have of getting on the list if they have one. Just be prepared to eat right away when they send the notification. I think most restaurants allow you 15 minutes or so to get back.

Quick question: are all morning/breakfast slots for Park Inn considered character breakfast? Or do I need to be specifically looking for something labeled as such? I ask because I’ve been coming across several of these since yesterday (our dates aren’t until December, I’m just merely browsing) and I’m not so sure they’d be that easy to find based off of some of the posts I’ve come across 🤔B6E171A8-0156-47AF-9E3C-96E9AAF26FE3.jpeg

Quick question: are all morning/breakfast slots for Park Inn considered character breakfast? Or do I need to be specifically looking for something labeled as such? I ask because I’ve been coming across several of these since yesterday (our dates aren’t until December, I’m just merely browsing) and I’m not so sure they’d be that easy to find based off of some of the posts I’ve come across 🤔View attachment 600418

Yes, it’s character dining for breakfast only.

Attachments

• 49901DC2-F45D-4EED-AAA5-CDF63ECD49FA.png
    49901DC2-F45D-4EED-AAA5-CDF63ECD49FA.png
    216.4 KB · Views: 4
Quick question: are all morning/breakfast slots for Park Inn considered character breakfast? Or do I need to be specifically looking for something labeled as such? I ask because I’ve been coming across several of these since yesterday (our dates aren’t until December, I’m just merely browsing) and I’m not so sure they’d be that easy to find based off of some of the posts I’ve come across 🤔View attachment 600418

Any reservation during breakfast would be the character meal

Looks like they are starting to load October finally

What time do reservations open up? And is it Eastern or Pacific?

If it helps, this morning at 6AM EST/ 3AM PST, I woke up and saw reservations open for July 30th. (They weren't open just 6 hours prior when I went to sleep).

At 9AM EST/ 6AM PST, there were still plenty of Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans time slots for Disneyland.

At 12PM EST/ 9AM PST, most all the Blue Bayou reservations were gone. Only one remained mid-afternoon.

I checked the app one more time at 9PM EST/ 6PM PST and all the Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans reservations were gone.

Based on that, using west coast time, if you wake up at 3AM PST, you'll be able to reserve any time slot you wanted. If you sleep in and wait till 6AM PST, you'll still have a good majority of options.

Although I wouldn't wait too much longer as all the prime slots get taken quickly there after.
I believe this is still accurate! good to see you!!

It's 3 A.M. PT and usually 60 days in advance. I will say that sometimes it's not always the case. I had been waiting for Oga's to open up for late September and those reservations didn't drop till 1:30 P.M. PT a few days ago.

Great! Thanks! I’m in NYC, so 6am same as WDW. Thank you!

Well, a Carnation Cafe ADR still remains elusive. When I select either Fri 10/8 or Sat 10/9, the DL website says this:

Compare that to the Plaza Inn, which has this "Check Availability" button (which does NOT show up on the Carnation Cafe page):

And when you click the "Check Availability" button, a pop-up window appears and you can select the # in your party, what time you're looking for, etc., just like normal:

But on the Carnation Cafe page, NONE of that is an option. And if you look up Carnation Cafe in the DL app, there's still no button to make a reservation...there's only buttons for "Find on Map" and "View Menu."

It's frustrating.

Ok, I JUST got an update from the DL app chat from 2 days ago...a CM finally responded to my 2nd question about when ADRs will be available. CM said this:

"It looks like you will be able to make reservations when the restaurant opens in September but please keep checking the website or app."

** edited to add **
This is stupid. When WDW has announced a restaurant reopening, they also say "and you can contact WDW starting on Date ___ to make ADRs for Restaurant X." Meaning, "Restaurant X reopens on Date B and you can contact us starting on Date A to make ADRs there for any date from Date B onward."

Looks like they are starting to load October finally

I'm not seeing that for the first or second week of October. It's still just a handful of Downtown places and a few park restaurants. That's for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

This is stupid.

Yes. Yes it is. I'm under 45 days for my reservations. I always thought DL was a joke compared to WDW, 60 days vs 180 days. It's not a joke anymore. It's a sign of neglect and poor management. There's no reason to have such a limited amount of reservations available. other than what I just stated. UNLESS...all these places are being loaded into the super-lame Genie+. We'll probably have to pay for the app to get reservations at nice places in the future.

Ok, I JUST got an update from the DL app chat from 2 days ago...a CM finally responded to my 2nd question about when ADRs will be available. CM said this:

"It looks like you will be able to make reservations when the restaurant opens in September but please keep checking the website or app."

** edited to add **
This is stupid. When WDW has announced a restaurant reopening, they also say "and you can contact WDW starting on Date ___ to make ADRs for Restaurant X." Meaning, "Restaurant X reopens on Date B and you can contact us starting on Date A to make ADRs there for any date from Date B onward."

It's so dumb because they've basically set the system up so that you can't actually make a reservation until the actual date that the restaurant reopens.

Well, a Carnation Cafe ADR still remains elusive. When I select either Fri 10/8 or Sat 10/9, the DL website says this:
View attachment 600612

Compare that to the Plaza Inn, which has this "Check Availability" button (which does NOT show up on the Carnation Cafe page):
View attachment 600613

And when you click the "Check Availability" button, a pop-up window appears and you can select the # in your party, what time you're looking for, etc., just like normal:
View attachment 600614

But on the Carnation Cafe page, NONE of that is an option. And if you look up Carnation Cafe in the DL app, there's still no button to make a reservation...there's only buttons for "Find on Map" and "View Menu."

It's frustrating.

You’ll see that under Carnation Cafe it says no times available instead of listing the hours, that means they are not taking reservations yet. When there are hours listed but you can’t find anything available to book, that’s when they are full.

What we have seen is that the hours will be posted one day then the next morning at 3am you can start booking. We’ve also seen is that when a restaurant reopening is announced without a mention of a day that bookings will start, you typically can’t book until the day before the opening date. I predict that no one will be able to book Carnation Cafe until the week of Sept 13.

You’ll see that under Carnation Cafe it says no times available instead of listing the hours, that means they are not taking reservations yet. When there are hours listed but you can’t find anything available to book, that’s when they are full.

I think this used to be true, but no longer for all restaurants. For example, as far as I can tell, Blue Bayou still hasn't released ANY reservations for the weekend of 10/9. We have multiple alerts set on multiple sites. I, as well as others on this thread, haven't seen any times open up yet for that weekend, or surrounding days. Even checking at 3am for the next 60 day out, there's still no times available, despite the restaurant hours showing. So frustrating.

We just booked yesterday to go mid September and I just tried to book at Napa Rose or Carthay Circle, and nothing. Not sure if it is truly booked or what.
It’s most likely truly booked for mid September for those 2 restaurants. When I made my bookings around 60 days out I had Napa Rose for Sept 13 and then traded it out for Carthay Circle. But keep trying because people will start to drop reservations closer to the date.

I'm not seeing that for the first or second week of October. It's still just a handful of Downtown places and a few park restaurants. That's for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Yes. Yes it is. I'm under 45 days for my reservations. I always thought DL was a joke compared to WDW, 60 days vs 180 days. It's not a joke anymore. It's a sign of neglect and poor management. There's no reason to have such a limited amount of reservations available. other than what I just stated. UNLESS...all these places are being loaded into the super-lame Genie+. We'll probably have to pay for the app to get reservations at nice places in the future.

I really suspect Genie is behind this reservation madness. At least for the launch, they want reservation inventory so the app actually has something to suggest. This would be why all the reservations seem dry up at the start of October.

I really suspect Genie is behind this reservation madness. At least for the launch, they want reservation inventory so the app actually has something to suggest. This would be why all the reservations seem dry up at the start of October.
Probably. They may be trying to make DL table service less planned, like it used to be.

Note - this is not for the paid Genie+ part, the regular, free Genie will be making recommendations on where to go during your day. (Saying that before everyone freaks out about dining reservations being some kind of cash grab, there's no indication of that.)

Its been confirmed several different times that Disney is intentionally inconsistent in loading reservation slots, and this strategy aligns with the "keep checking back" mentality of an upcoming product launch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter