• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Snagged a table at River Belle Terrace - hope it’s good 😁

I keep hearing about a pumpkin monkey bread you can get there that is supposed to be exceptionally good. It's a beautiful little restaurant with a lot of history.

So can someone confirm what time and TIMEZONE these usually drop? 6am EST or PST?

I am such a DL newbie and have no idea what I am doing, lol! My 60 day mark is tomorrow.

6 AM EST

I'm in WA state. 60 days out I was up and on it at 3:00 and got Blue Bayou. It looked like the whole day was booked for BB within seconds.

I cancelled my reservation for 4 at Oga's for Friday, Oct. 1st at 8:30 at 8:30 AM PST.

Last edited:
In early August they tried to seat us at a giant booth filled with strangers. We said hello to the table, walked around and then left.

Do you get the sense that you can tell the poltitely tell the cast member, "No, thank you - we'll wait for a more private table?" Or is it take it or leave it? We're traveling with our kiddo and making an effort to limit indoor dining as much as possible. However, Oga's is high on the priority list since it's our first visit since GE opened. We scored a reservation and I'd feel much better if we were sat a bit more privately.

Do you get the sense that you can tell the poltitely tell the cast member, "No, thank you - we'll wait for a more private table?" Or is it take it or leave it? We're traveling with our kiddo and making an effort to limit indoor dining as much as possible. However, Oga's is high on the priority list since it's our first visit since GE opened. We scored a reservation and I'd feel much better if we were sat a bit more privately.
No, there are no private tables at Oga’s. There are large booths along the walls where you’re sat with other parties, standing tables where you stand with other parties, or the bar itself.

We went a couple of weeks ago and did walk-up at the bar with our kiddo standing between us, which was fine for us. But if you want a seat, you’re going to be with other people.

No, there are no private tables at Oga’s. There are large booths along the walls where you’re sat with other parties, standing tables where you stand with other parties, or the bar itself.

We went a couple of weeks ago and did walk-up at the bar with our kiddo standing between us, which was fine for us. But if you want a seat, you’re going to be with other people.

Hmmm ... thank you for that. Will need to discuss with my husband. Maybe, for this trip, we'll need to skip. :(

Hmmm ... thank you for that. Will need to discuss with my husband. Maybe, for this trip, we'll need to skip. :(

When will you be going? If you drop I would be interested in picking it up, if its 20-22 of Oct.

Has anyone seen or booked any reservations past Nov 10th in Disneyland? I have seen lots of opening for DCA and DTD.

I haven't seen one yet. I think it may have to do with the holiday season officially starting on November 11 and the night of the first party? I also wonder if it is waiting on the Genie Plus roll out?

I haven't seen one yet. I think it may have to do with the holiday season officially starting on November 11 and the night of the first party? I also wonder if it is waiting on the Genie Plus roll out?
Good to know I am not the only one not seeing them. I was thinking the same but they I seen Carthay open up for our dates which shocked me. I don't plan on doing a lot of table service meals but would like to do Carnation if we are able too.

I have a few questions- First is there a difference between Lamplight Lounge and LL Boardwalk Dining? Second, which is better for steak- Catal in DD or Wine Country Trattoria? Thanks!

I keep hearing about a pumpkin monkey bread you can get there that is supposed to be exceptionally good.

I keep meaning to pop this into the Halloween food thread, but since it was mentioned here…

This is the pumpkin spice monkey bread. Definitely not what I was expecting/hoping for. If one is a huge fan of monkey bread, it might be ok. BUT the pumpkin purée at the bottom that can be seen reminded me of baby food. 🤢 Definitely a one and done for our fam…

I have a few questions- Second, which is better for steak- Catal in DD or Wine Country Trattoria? Thanks!
I love Catal. Food and service is great. They don’t have their expanded menu at this time but everything is great. If you time it right, you can watch the fireworks from the balcony seating. And for my kids, the Mac and cheese is actually good and not the standard kids menu kind.
Trattoria is standard Italian fare. It’s fine but nothing special. (We normally just do steak and appetizer. Kids get pizza) Don’t sit inside. Loud, no ambience and stuck near the kitchen or large parties.

edited: you asked specifically about the steak. We’ve had steak at both places, much prefer Catal. The rib eye at the Trattoria is the only main dish we would order there. It’s been awhile. But we were at Catal just last week, and it still holds up to my memory of a great meal.

Last edited:
I have a few questions- First is there a difference between Lamplight Lounge and LL Boardwalk Dining? Second, which is better for steak- Catal in DD or Wine Country Trattoria? Thanks!

I just watched a vlog where the host discovered that their Halloween specialty food and drink is available on the boardwalk only and not at the restaurant proper (which is insane).

I have a few questions- First is there a difference between Lamplight Lounge and LL Boardwalk Dining?
great question because it's not clear on the App. And I think the opposite when I hear the terms Lounge vs DIning.

On the website it states: [Boardwalk] upstairs location is walk-up only; the downstairs [Lounge] accepts reservations and serves entrees. Didn't realize how the menu Is slightly different too!

Last edited:
I just watched a vlog where the host discovered that their Halloween specialty food and drink is available on the boardwalk only and not at the restaurant proper (which is insane).

What??? I can’t get the Ghost Pepper nachos at the restaurant? Well, that’s a letdown.

Has anyone seen or booked any reservations past Nov 10th in Disneyland? I have seen lots of opening for DCA and DTD.

This weekend Lamplight, Goofy's kitchen, and most DTD restaurants opened reservations for the weekend of November 13th. I have an alert set for Cafe Orleans, and that hasn't seemed to open for reservations yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter