• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

I think you missed it. I booked TS yesterday for dinner on 4/03 and it was available this morning for both lunch and dinner on 4/04.

Has Trader Sams opened up for mid March yet? I haven't received any alerts, but it seems to be getting late for them to drop so I wonder if I missed it.

I think you missed it. I booked TS yesterday for dinner on 4/03 and it was available this morning for both lunch and dinner on 4/04.

Bummer! Oh well, we're staying at the DLH so maybe we'll do walkup late at night and hope for little wait. Thank you for letting me know! :)

I finally happened to be online right as a Plaza Inn breakfast alert came in from Mouse Dining and was able to snag it - most have come just after I've gone to bed or at like 2am!!

Still holding out for a Blue Bayou...hopefully!!
Hi Dug! We got our Blue Bayou from Mousewatchers, so hang in there!! Aloha, Karen

I was on right at 6am PST and no luck with res. Hope it wasn't 3am today

Reservations do open at 3am PST for DL dining reservations. If you do not find any availability for the times and places you want, consistently check for openings leading up to your trip. We have been able to snag reservations that way, especially if we are flexible with the time or day.

Reservations do open at 3am PST for DL dining reservations. If you do not find any availability for the times and places you want, consistently check for openings leading up to your trip. We have been able to snag reservations that way, especially if we are flexible with the time or day.
They changed the time sometime recently. It was 6am PT this morning. (I checked it at 5:40am, and there was nothing at all available.) There were still a couple of stray Blue Bayous available at 6:05am.

I'll add this - it does seem like they're starting to throw everything at once, instead of the tiered releases we saw recently. For weeks, Trader Sam's was being dropped on Thursday nights, but they were there this morning.

Last edited:
As others have stated, it looks as though they have shifted dining reservations to open at 6:00 AM in place of 3:00 AM. It was that way each day this week. Carnation Cafe was the only reservation not showing up to book at any time.

This week when I booked for April 3rd through 5th, Carnation Cafe was not showing to book. All other restaurants were. In the past they have all dropped each morning or has been my experience. 🙂

They changed the time sometime recently. It was 6am PT this morning. (I checked it at 5:40am, and there was nothing at all available.) There were still a couple of stray Blue Bayous available at 6:05am.

I'll add this - it does seem like they're starting to throw everything at once, instead of the tiered releases we saw recently. For weeks, Trader Sam's was being dropped on Thursday nights, but they were there this morning.

Checked Thursday on a whim for available reservations the next day. Refreshed between 4pm and 8pm. Was looking for party of 2, so checked for 1, 2and 3 people. Found the following options for dinner:

Cafe Orleans
Carthay Circle (main dining and al fresco)
Lamplight lounge
Trader Sam's
Blue Bayou

We ended up grabbing the 4pm Blue Bayou and got a waterside table. Our expectations were pretty low, but the steak and service were amazing.

Today's booking was at 6am PST. But yesterday's wasn't. At least not for trader sams

Today's booking was at 6am PST. But yesterday's wasn't. At least not for trader sams
TS was there at 6am yesterday. I booked a 10pm (for April 6) at 6:01am. But it seemed like there were fewer available TS reservations yesterday than today. At least, they seemed to last longer this morning (for April 7).

I was on at 6pst and it kept saying sorry no res available. So assuming it opened before 6. But the next day I had no problem booking it at 6. But another poster said they got a res at 6 so I have no idea what happened for me

Does anyone know if Carnation Cafe takes walk-ups? I didn't see it available at 60 days out for us either.
I think you need to stop by as soon as you get into the park and have the cast member at the door add you to a wait list and they will fill openings from that (I don't know if they have separate lists for breakfast and lunch or just one list for both), but my understanding is the sooner you get on the list the better your chances of getting a table that day. We tried to get reservations for Carnation Cafe this past trip and weren't successful either and that is what someone else had told us to try if we still wanted to eat there.

I think that some of the table service restaurants have a virtual wait-list where you can join from the app, but I haven't used it so I don't know the specifics on which restaurants or how that works.

We were lucky enough to get a Blue Bayou reservation to celebrate our Anniversary on our trip the last weekend of January. After we checked in on the app and were waiting for our table we watched at least 4 different parties come up to the podium back to back asking if there were last minute cancelations and they were told they were filling from the waitlist which had filled up that morning (don't know if it was a virtual waitlist, walk ups to the podium or combination of both). It was a similar experience Lamp Light Lounge when we were waiting for our table to be ready there too.

Good Luck, I hope you can get something between now and your trip or get added to a list that day and get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter