Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

This November we will have 13 people in our extended group. I think Oga’s is our only must. Are we able to make a reservation for 13 at Oga’s (if I can get it)? We might do a character breakfast but I’m able to see right now we can do plaza inn for the farthest day out. The other one I’d like is Lamplight Lounge. Anyone know if we can do 13 there? Thank you!
We had a group of 9 on our last trip. I was logged in on both my husband and my profiles and split up the parties each time. I got most of the times fairly close to each other and then went to check in early to let them know we had a large party. I'll admit it was stressful but worked.

I have so many reservations to get for our trip, I'm trying to break it up so I don't have multiple hard to get ones in the same day. I've been looking in the morning and see that I should be okay but also that could change at any time of course. We are going the first weekish of December. So far our breakfasts are Storytellers (was going to not do this one now that brunch isn't an option but decided to keep anyway), Minnie's at Plaza Inn, and River Belle Terrace, dinners are Goofy's Kitchen, Naples, Wine Country Trattoria, and Cafe Orleans (this would replace Blue Bayou). I am debating a swap of Storytellers to the Princess Breakfast if it gets good reviews around the time I make reservations. Or I just go full crazy and book them both and on our one day we have no breakfast plans that takes the slot. One of these days I'm going to go to DLR for two weeks so I can eat everything I want. It's so hard fitting everything in.

We had a group of 9 on our last trip. I was logged in on both my husband and my profiles and split up the parties each time. I got most of the times fairly close to each other and then went to check in early to let them know we had a large party. I'll admit it was stressful but worked.

I have so many reservations to get for our trip, I'm trying to break it up so I don't have multiple hard to get ones in the same day. I've been looking in the morning and see that I should be okay but also that could change at any time of course. We are going the first weekish of December. So far our breakfasts are Storytellers (was going to not do this one now that brunch isn't an option but decided to keep anyway), Minnie's at Plaza Inn, and River Belle Terrace, dinners are Goofy's Kitchen, Naples, Wine Country Trattoria, and Cafe Orleans (this would replace Blue Bayou). I am debating a swap of Storytellers to the Princess Breakfast if it gets good reviews around the time I make reservations. Or I just go full crazy and book them both and on our one day we have no breakfast plans that takes the slot. One of these days I'm going to go to DLR for two weeks so I can eat everything I want. It's so hard fitting everything in.

I can definitely try this. Did you do this by checking at that 6am time?

We only really want a couple. Plaza inn for the little one’s first time, Oga’s and maybe LL

I can definitely try this. Did you do this by checking at that 6am time?

We only really want a couple. Plaza inn for the little one’s first time, Oga’s and maybe LL
Yep, I did it at 6 each day. Plaza Inn was one of ours that we were able to get this way.

Have Fantasmic ADRs dropped at all for October? Other than Hungry Bear? Has anyone been able to land a reservation?

Have Fantasmic ADRs dropped at all for October? Other than Hungry Bear? Has anyone been able to land a reservation?
I do not think so. I mean you can book standard Riverbelle by just booking a reg reservation. But blue bayou hasn't dropped. The premium Riverbelle HAS dropped but they go super super fast.

I do not think so. I mean you can book standard Riverbelle by just booking a reg reservation. But blue bayou hasn't dropped. The premium Riverbelle HAS dropped but they go super super fast.
Do we know when the Premium Riverbelle package drops? Because I've been watching everyday at 6am, and they never open up. Is there a certain day and time they are released? Can anyone who has actually landed one of those reservations confirm their reservations are for October? I understand they go fast, but refreshing right at 6am should at least show something even if I'm not fast enough to get all the way through to the confirmation page before someone else.

Do we know when the Premium Riverbelle package drops? Because I've been watching everyday at 6am, and they never open up. Is there a certain day and time they are released? Can anyone who has actually landed one of those reservations confirm their reservations are for October? I understand they go fast, but refreshing right at 6am should at least show something even if I'm not fast enough to get all the way through to the confirmation page before someone else.
So if you look through the last couple of pages they did open for at least October 15th but they dropped around 3-5am. I screen shot it a few pages back. Now they may not have released them past the 15th

So if you look through the last couple of pages they did open for at least October 15th but they dropped around 3-5am. I screen shot it a few pages back. Now they may not have released them past the 15th
Interesting... This past weekend each day the option to "search times" didn't even open until right at 6am, but clicking on it showed nothing. I literally watched the the button pop up, clicked on it immediately, and nothing. I can start watching earlier (like 3am), but the search times button is usually disabled until 6am. I'm really curious how anyone is having success, especially before 6am. I've been watching everyday (from both the app and PC) for two months and nothing has ever open for me before 6am.

For those of you who are worried about getting a BB reservation (I just tried for the regular dinner), I urge you to sign up for dining alerts.
I used Mouse Watchers and they were (and are) fabulous. I signed up for two places but the other vendor never sent any notifications.

So, I was at the computer at 5:59am and pressed "Select Times" the second it turned 6:00. Only one opening was left for a time that was not even near what we wanted but I snagged it.
I felt SO disappointed.
But then, my texts and emails started to go crazy. Between 6:08 and 7am a total of 15 (maybe more) openings popped up. More throughout the day. And they are still coming!
And, I got our first choice!
So I HIGHLY recommend you do this if you want a reservation at BB. Like I said, I only tried for the regular dinner.

Also, it hasn't worked that well for any other dining reservation, just BB so far.
Good Luck! :wave:
Which alert service did you use? I heard some are better than others, but no one will say which one actually works.

I have no idea how it's working for me. I'm simply using safari on my phone.
I guess I need to try with safari? Kind of weird some people are getting exclusive access when other people tried on those same days at the same time and had zero luck of anything open before 6am... I really wish I knew what the secret is, because with such limited spots, whoever gets early access is going to get those spots. Any of us who haven't been able to use that loophole are screwed and out of luck. It's just really unfair.

So weird. The only thing I can think of - I'm wondering if they might have a misconfigured server.

(Warning: tech answer.)

Usually, systems like this use something called a "load balancer" to handle traffic. Multiple servers run the same functionality, and you're essentially "assigned" to one specific server when you visit.

In this case, for example, if one of those servers were set to WDW's launch time by accident, that would explain why some people could access it at 3am and others can't. It would essentially be like winning a small lottery - you'd have to luck out to catch that specific server. (And, off-hand, I can't think of any way to play this lottery multiple times - maybe if you clear your cookies on each attempt.)

Just a theory.
Is it possible that only people on the East Coast or in other time zones than Pacific are able to book early? I've noticed that every person who claims to land reservations before 6am is in a different time zone than Pacific (usually around 6am their time, which is 3am our time). If clearing cookies doesn't work then how else can we try to land one of those lucky servers? Would using Safari rather than Chrome have anything to do with it? I've noticed those who ARE getting in early are swiping multiple rare reservations and then there's nothing left for those of us who can't get in until 6am. Leaving us with zero options or ability to book .

I guess I need to try with safari? Kind of weird some people are getting exclusive access when other people tried on those same days at the same time and had zero luck of anything open before 6am... I really wish I knew what the secret is, because with such limited spots, whoever gets early access is going to get those spots. Any of us who haven't been able to use that loophole are screwed and out of luck. It's just really unfair.
Is it possible that only people on the East Coast or in other time zones than Pacific are able to book early? I've noticed that every person who claims to land reservations before 6am is in a different time zone than Pacific (usually around 6am their time, which is 3am our time). If clearing cookies doesn't work then how else can we try to land one of those lucky servers? Would using Safari rather than Chrome have anything to do with it? I've noticed those who ARE getting in early are swiping multiple rare reservations and then there's nothing left for those of us who can't get in until 6am. Leaving us with zero options or ability to book .
I'm in central.

I am Eastern and every reservation I got dropped at 9am (6am pst) on the dot. Not a minute before. I was able to get everything I wanted, but it was all exactly at 9 am.

So, Tortilla Jo's has not released reservations beyond August 31st. I called and placed a reservation with them directly a few weeks ago, but have little faith that it will be honored. I was told that I would get a text confirming the reservation which did not. I may call back early next week. The very nice person on the phone did ay that she thought they were releasing the reservations a week at a time now, but there is nothing for September 1 or 2.... I've seen the delay previously in the release of dates and times or number of gust quirks at TJs, but they resoled within 2 weeks of the dates, this delay seems odd.

I guess I need to take my own advice from a previous post..."relax you can walk up at noon and maybe wait 5-10 minutes".

Excited to be returning to the DLR next weekend!
Mike

Which alert service did you use? I heard some are better than others, but no one will say which one actually works.

I can’t remember if I’m allowed to post it! PM
me and I can let you know. Couldn’t even remember at first, had to search my emails.

I already answered in my own post, but Riverbelle Terrace Premium dining reservations have opened up every day. Like I stated in that post, I am not going to say what date our reservation is for but the latter half of October has gone up consistently every single day.

The alert services will not catch when they are releasing, sorry to say. One of the reasons is that they don't have the actual designated "Fantasmic Premium River Belle Terrace" option to select for alerts. The second is that any alerts will notify you long after they have already been up and claimed on the site at least in my experience.

I'm in Western time. And you have to understand that I tried for a few weeks to see (and sometimes get) the RB Premium package. But with no success. Have you ever played the lottery? Same thing. It is simply the luck of the draw.
Oh and a pinch of Disney stupid IT. For awhile I could not get in before 6AM Pacific. I have no idea how I was able to get in at 3AM when I need to. Again.....just dumb luck.

I already answered in my own post, but Riverbelle Terrace Premium dining reservations have opened up every day. Like I stated in that post, I am not going to say what date our reservation is for but the latter half of October has gone up consistently every single day.

The alert services will not catch when they are releasing, sorry to say. One of the reasons is that they don't have the actual designated "Fantasmic Premium River Belle Terrace" option to select for alerts. The second is that any alerts will notify you long after they have already been up and claimed on the site at least in my experience.
Consistently every day? I've been checking it every single day and it has never been available for me, not once. I can't understand what's going on. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter