• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

has anyone here got any claims to fame?

well, going on my SIG below we were extras in "A Christmas Story". & hung out with Peter Billingsly off & on for 8 hours. The filming of the opening window scene started about 10Pm, (picture below) & then when they finally moved the cameras Inside the window to catch the view of Ralphie looking in at 'his' gun, that was filmed at about 6 am. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppOXpyhM2wA the kids next to Ralphie are my niece & nephew. for you NE Ohioans Kenny Krumpton , from the fox 8 morning show used to board his horse at our farm & they did a video piece on it for the show. :santa:
k
Kickin it with Kenny!

While we're on the subject of kissing actors from the 70s........
It's a convoluted story, but somehow I wound up in the lobby of a hotel with Anson Williams (Potsie from Happy Days) in the late 70s. He was going to ignore my request for an autograph, which wasn't even for me....my friend who was too starstruck to get out of the car had begged me to get it for her.

So I gave him a little speech about ignoring people and to shut me up, he gave me a big old kiss. Not a peck on the cheek, mind you. Nope, a real kiss. And it was not a bad kiss at all..... Then he gave me that autograph and I went on my way. I got to the car and my friend asked for the autograph. I told her I was keeping it, as I had earned it by kissing him. :lmao:

I am certain he had no idea I was well underage. :rolleyes: Thank God my friend did not want Ralph Malph's autograph. :rotfl2: The day would not have turned out as well.

Other than that, I have some kings and queens in my family tree, a couple of ancestors who came over on The Mayflower and another who fought at the Battle of San Jacinto, which is a big deal in Texas. I have met a fair number of famous people and have no idea how I've managed it.

My father got a ride as a small child from Bonnie and Clyde. My FIL was a defendant in a case that was heard by the Supreme Court. (not criminal...:lmao:) For country music fans, my friend used to date Neal McCoy and we'd all go out together. He was a great dancer and sooooo charming. She should have held on to him. That's all I can think of now.

Awww, man...you kissed Potsie??? Can we trade stories?:lmao:

A lady from my town wrote a New York bestselling book about our small (5,000 people) town around 10 years ago. She's been fighting for 10 years to have the movie based on the book filmed in our town so that it would benefit us. It was filmed last month and there were several famous actors and actresses here. I saw most of them while they were.

This isn't really MY claim to fame, but when my parents were on their honeymoon in 1977, they got in an elevator at their hotel with Dick Clark. My mom said he was a snob. :rotfl2:

My moms cousin was married to Merv Adelson who started Lorimar Productions. Their first series was the Waltons and have gone on to doing a ton of stuff. After he divorced her he then married Barbara Walters.

I can pretty much win any game of 6 degrees of separation. :rotfl:

I was in one of the videos with Stacy talking about things to do at WDW. I seen getting into a Doom Buggy at Haunted Mansion. It played on resort television for a few years.

When I began working at the Disney Florist, I had to attend Traditions class. They had the video playing in the room prior to the beginning of class. Everyone thought it was funny that I was in the film.

My claim to fame is actually that my niece was in the November 2013 Issue of Seventeen. Pg 36 - Full page layout on how to style a "pear" shape body from a fashion blogger.:)

I had my smocking chosen for a magazine a number of years ago & 2 of my girls were models for it.

Also, the family tale is that John Hancock was sent in my great great great grandfather's place who was sick that day. Not sure where the evidence was found but it has been printed in our family genealogy book.

I had my smocking chosen for a magazine a number of years ago & 2 of my girls were models for it.

Also, the family tale is that John Hancock was sent in my great great great grandfather's place who was sick that day. Not sure where the evidence was found but it has been printed in our family genealogy book.

Not to burst the bubble (cause that would make am awesome story) but there was not actually a "that day" to be sick on.
Historians say (there are arguments though) that the 56 men were never actually all together in one room at the same time.
Whoever wasn't there simply added their name later, some did so months later.
Historians say the names were added all the way up until around August 2, men were kind of traveling around getting the document to sign it when they had the chance.

I got into a background camera shot in the WDW INSIDE OUT special for the 25th anniversary in 1996. I was at the Disney/MGM Studios and had walked back from the Hunchback of Notre Dame show they had at the time with some other guests, when a production man asked us to go back and retrace the walk back from the attraction for a background scene as Brianne Leary :lovestrucwas talking about the HoND show. I had a crush on Brianne at the time and I was sure excited to see her standing next to a light pole in the New York Street and wearing a gargoyle hand puppet. I met her and we chatted for a bit. She also signed her autograph for me. I swear I was in a whirl for the rest of that day.

So I guess my claim to fame was I was on a Disney Channel show with Brianne Leary!:goodvibes

My dd #2 is a calendar girl for our local rock radio station for 2013 (Miss August). And my biological dad was on tv and movies (you might've seen him in bit parts and commercials).

That's all I got. :confused3

I've not been on tv or in the newspaper (well, except for in bylines) or done anything famous, at all.

My great uncle (my grandpa's brother) was the lead scientist in the development of Pepto Bismol and Chloraseptic throat spray. :)

My dad played Bass as a studio artist on one of the Platters albums.

Though I am loathe to admit it, I am the seventh cousin of George W. Bush.

I go to church with a Grammy nominee. :)

That's all I got.

This totally does not count as a claim to fame but I was a bridesmaid in the wedding of a Miss Universe contestant.

I have an elephant buried in my hometown.
One of the British Open winners is from my home town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter