Has anyone joined a virtual queue for rides while flying with southwest?

ain0004

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had experience with using Southwest internet and getting successfully obtaining virtual queue for Guardians? We will be in mid flight when 7am comes around but will at the parks when they open. Is this possible??

I can't answer the question about SW internet, but just out of curiosity, will you have to pay for the SW internet or are you getting it free? If the former, maybe just consider waiting until you land and purchase the LL for guardians.

Pay for the internet. It's your only choice. I don't know if it will work though. The internet is pretty cheap; it's probably worth a try.

I agree with the first reply. Save your money on Southwest internet and use it to buy LL for Guardians. You get to pick your time and the extra money is totally worth it for that ride!

Yup! Take early am flights and do it all the time. As long as the wifi is working, and you’ve paid and signed up for inflight wifi, you’ll have no issue

I haven't joined a VQ via Southwest wifi, but I've tried booking ILL. When I did this in October, it worked great. When I tried this in January, I kept getting an error message on the app that said I had to be in the US or Canada. I guess it didn't recognize I was in the air! My wifi otherwise worked great (on all my other apps), just not when trying to buy the ILL.

I agree with the first reply. Save your money on Southwest internet and use it to buy LL for Guardians. You get to pick your time and the extra money is totally worth it for that ride!

But they still have to do that during the flight so they'd still have to buy the internet. Unless they want to gamble on the chance that LL is still available when they land.

If the Internet is working, then it should be fine, but I've often found that either the plane doesn't have Internet or that it is down that day (on Southwest specifically) so know you are taking a chance regardless of not being able to get online.

My suggestion would be have a family member back home log in to your account and book the VQ for you! Just make sure it’s someone that knows what to do and be aware of different time zones if that’s an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter