Has anyone received confirmation of free dining cancellation?

LoveAList

Earning My Ears
Can anyone please tell me if they have actually received confirmation that the free dining element of their booking has been cancelled? Either direct from Disney UK or through a UK operating travel agent. If anyone could let me know asap I would appreciate it, my travel agent is telling me the free dining is still in place for my August booking but as I'm due to pay the balance tomorrow it may just be a ruse!

I had an email on 29/5 saying that they would be in touch over how the announcements about reopening would affect our holiday. Heard nothing since but all of our ADRs have been removed from our plans on the app. We booked everything through Disney after Thomas Cook went bust.

I don't think they've actually removed the dining plan from any UK guests yet, but it will happen at some point as Disney has done away with the dining plans for this year. The question is how much compensation we'll get (if any) for loosing it and there's been no information about that yet.

Had an email tonight to say cancelling dining plan but no more info! Really frustrating as says you contact your travel adviser (booked direct)
Yeah, I just received that email too. There was nothing in it like please note we will be contacting you soon about this change in your package or anything along those lines so I'm really not too sure anymore if they're going to offer any sort of discount. Either that or they're taking their sweet a*** time communicating to UK guests about it

The email clearly references that you have an upcoming booking. But it is highly frustrating that they still will not provide any info on what they will offer us. I really think they do not want us there for August bookings, possibly not even September. I want to move mine to next year, it not at full rack rate.

We've booked for Sep 2021 and opted to pay for the QSDP. Got the email this morning to say dining plans had been cancelled and like others have said it mentions an upcoming holiday.

Just checked my booking and the plan is still showing and there's no change to the price.

Will be interesting to see what they do for UK dining plan guests over the next few months.

I don't think they've actually removed the dining plan from any UK guests yet, but it will happen at some point as Disney has done away with the dining plans for this year. The question is how much compensation we'll get (if any) for loosing it and there's been no information about that yet.
The Dining Plan is no longer shown for my September booking so it looks like they have removed it (I paid for it). For my December booking it is still shown under MDE.

I got my third email from Disney yesterday. But all of them give general info on closure, having to make park reservations, dining cancelation etc.

We've booked for Sep 2021 and opted to pay for the QSDP. Got the email this morning to say dining plans had been cancelled and like others have said it mentions an upcoming holiday.

Just checked my booking and the plan is still showing and there's no change to the price.

Will be interesting to see what they do for UK dining plan guests over the next few months.
Yours if cancelled for next year will just be refunded as it is a paid for plan. The question is around what they do for free plans.

I’m pretty sure the email wasn’t a UK specific one, I saw a post on the theme parks board that someone had also received it and they didn’t appear to be UK based.
I do wish they would let us know exactly what’s happening though. I know my trip isn’t until September but I like to know what’s what!

Yours if cancelled for next year will just be refunded as it is a paid for plan. The question is around what they do for free plans.

I understand, I was just commenting more from the communication aspect as it looks like everyone had the same email regardless of when trip is, free dining or no free dining. I'm not worried one way or another about my dining plan, just generally interested in how Disney handles this and hoping for the best outcome for everyone who had trips planned for this year.

I'm wondering what they will do for those of us who had the discounted QSDP for staying at a value.
To be honest, I think they are expecting Trump not to remove the travel restrictions anytime this year. The latest rumour is that he is offering a $4000 tax break to encourage Americans to book vacations and travel within the US to help the US tourist industry. He's happy to exclude foreign tourism for as long as he can.
BTW, this isn't a political post.

I'm wondering what they will do for those of us who had the discounted QSDP for staying at a value.
To be honest, I think they are expecting Trump not to remove the travel restrictions anytime this year. The latest rumour is that he is offering a $4000 tax break to encourage Americans to book vacations and travel within the US to help the US tourist industry. He's happy to exclude foreign tourism for as long as he can.
BTW, this isn't a political post.
I agree the reality is we are unlikely to be able to travel this year, certainly most unlikely this summer. This of course actually makes the issue irrelevant.

If could travel then at best I guess they give you back the upgrade price plus some offer. But I suspect they are working on basis of hold off making any decision.

A percentage off my reservation would be nice, even 10% would make a difference. I do note that they are still offering the DDP on reservations for next Spring on their website.
In a way, I can't blame them for concentrating on the US guests at present as they know that they will be able to visit, except if they are from NY, NJ or Connecticut as there is an executive order demanding they quarantine for 14 days or the length of their stay, whichever is shorter.

Someone posted on facebook that they talked to WDTC UK today and they were told we're getting an email in the next 1-2 days. Fingers crossed :hourglass

Surely it’s more important about what they offer for next year?

Do we or they really think we are going this year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter