Has anyone received confirmation of free dining cancellation?

Surely it’s more important about what they offer for next year?

Do we or they really think we are going this year?

ummm, I think it’s more important for the guests this year to know what’s going on! I know there is still a lot to sort out and there is the possibility that travel restrictions might still be in place but if I can get there I will be there!

I understand that, but it is a pretty big if for July and August. my gut then 60/40 in favour September

Yup, I’ve just received an email in the last ten minutes. Text as below (emphasis my own):

My only annoyance is that I have to decide by June 27th, by which time the parks won’t be open. Admittedly, it’ll only cost me the £50pp to cancel up until the end of August..

We booked directly with WDTC UK.

Dear Guest,

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the well-being of our Guest and Cast Members in mind. We want to assure you that we are here to help you as we introduce new measures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some Theme Park experiences and our Water Parks will remain closed until further notice. Some Disney Resort Hotel experiences will also be adjusted and Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended. You can find out more about these changes on the Experience Update page here. As more information becomes available about these changes it will be updated on this page, so please check back regularly.

In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system. You will receive access to this new system before new tickets are sold to other guests. More details about the new Theme Park reservation system will follow shortly. It is important that you have a My Disney Experience account and have linked your booking, as this will allow you to reserve Theme Park access once the system is available. We strongly recommend that you have the latest version of the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled.

Unfortunately these measures have required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made. Moving forward dining reservations and experience reservations will be available to make 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

As a result of physical distancing, capacity in restaurants and availability of dining experiences are very limited and certain experiences such as Character dining cannot be provided. Because of this, we have also made the difficult decision to cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney Dining plans. We recognise the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. We will be modifying your booking to remove the free dining plan and upgraded meal plans if applicable, as well as add a 35% accommodation discount. As a result of these changes we have the following options available to you and we encourage you to read the below information thoroughly to make a decision based on what is best for you. You may select one of the following options and please let us know of your choice by 27 June 2020:

Accept the changes to your booking and travel as planned
If you wish to accept your revised booking without your Free or Upgraded Dining Plan and at the discounted price you will receive a refund of the difference in your booking price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in the amount due if you have not yet made final payment.

Decline the changes and cancel your booking
If you wish to decline the changes and cancel your booking you will receive a full refund of any amount paid to date

Move your holiday to a date in 2021
Should you decide to decline the changes and cancel your booking you have the option to move your holiday to a date in 2021, subject to availability and at the prevailing 2021 rate. You must call our Disney Experts for assistance with choosing a new date as we are unable to assist with this through email.

To advise us of your decision you will need to visit the Manage My Booking section of our website here https://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/manage-my-booking/. You will need your 8-digit Walt Disney Travel Company International Booking Reference and your last name to access your booking. Once logged in you can select either the option to accept your booking changes and travel in 2020, modify your booking to a date in 2021, or cancel with a full refund. Please note that if we do not hear from you with a decision by 27 June 2020 we will assume that you do not accept the changes and that you wish to cancel with a full refund.
We understand how much excitement, thought and time goes into planning a Disney holiday and realise some of these changes may be disappointing. We appreciate your ongoing patience and understanding during this time.
Kind Regards
Walt Disney Travel Company International

I got that email too with the 35% offer. Which probably is equivalent to the cost of the dining plan for 2 of us. Just not sure if still want to go this October now though!

Email received here too although no room discount as we have a paid for meal plan 🤷🏻‍♀️ If I’m honest I was hoping for a small discount for the inconvenience. I understand that the 35% is in lieu of the ‘free’ dining but we really rely on the dining plan. Oh well.

it really is rather annoying that we have to let them know so early. Our trip is dependant on if our cruise sails in the 4 days before our trip. I guess I would still have the option to cancel at a later date, but presumably as a cost?

I guess I would still have the option to cancel at a later date, but presumably as a cost?

If you’ve booked a flightless package (ie, room and tickets, with or without dining plan, but WITHOUT airfare, it’s a £50pp fee to cancel up to 7 days out (so 8 days out to be safe...)

Email received here too although no room discount as we have a paid for meal plan 🤷🏻‍♀️ If I’m honest I was hoping for a small discount for the inconvenience. I understand that the 35% is in lieu of the ‘free’ dining but we really rely on the dining plan. Oh well.

it really is rather annoying that we have to let them know so early. Our trip is dependant on if our cruise sails in the 4 days before our trip. I guess I would still have the option to cancel at a later date, but presumably as a cost?

It depends on when your trip is. If you arrive before October 3rd you can cancel or change your booking for free:

I have an upcoming stay at a Disney Resort hotel. What does this mean for my holiday?
If you are arriving before 3rd October 2020 and wish to change your reservation to a new date we will waive all amendment fees, and maintain your existing offer, subject to availability and the terms and conditions, including date and room restrictions at the time of booking. Please note that amended bookings which include transportation may incur additional costs. If you wish to cancel your reservation, we will provide a full refund.

If you arriving after 3rd October 2020, then standard booking terms and conditions apply.

https://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/faq/temporary-closure/

This offer sucks, gamble on being able to fly in August (I’ve already decided that’s not worth the risk) and for 4 have hour trip increased in price as the 35% doesn’t cover the dining for 4 or move to next year and be £3k out of pocket!

We have just received the same three option email:
Go in Sep 2020 as per original plan, no free dining, 35% discount on room (noting they also have alot of non-functioning activities e.g water parks, character meals, new ways to book for dining etc to be announced.
Cancel completely with a full refund.
Move holiday to 2021, no free dining and pay 2021 price.

We had out BA flight cancelled 2 months ago (reason COVID)

Our only real option is to take the refund.

The website they are using to claim the refund does not recognise our booking reference and tell us we have to call.
Is anyone else experiencing issues to get onto the website to inform Disney of their decision?

I suspect I am about to spend a long time waiting in a telephone queue tomorrow morning!
oh joy of joys.

The automated refund after 27th June is looking appealing...

If I keep my 2020 booking and move it by one week, think there’s any chance the 35% discount will still be applied??

We have just received the same three option email:
Go in Sep 2020 as per original plan, no free dining, 35% discount on room (noting they also have alot of non-functioning activities e.g water parks, character meals, new ways to book for dining etc to be announced.
Cancel completely with a full refund.
Move holiday to 2021, no free dining and pay 2021 price.

We had out BA flight cancelled 2 months ago (reason COVID)

Our only real option is to take the refund.

The website they are using to claim the refund does not recognise our booking reference and tell us we have to call.
Is anyone else experiencing issues to get onto the website to inform Disney of their decision?

I suspect I am about to spend a long time waiting in a telephone queue tomorrow morning!
oh joy of joys.

The automated refund after 27th June is looking appealing...
If you call then do it later in the day as everyone will be calling early on. It's a shame they won't apply it to next years reservation instead.

We have just got the email as we were due to head out to WDW in August and honestly this feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth from Disney. This was due to be our Honeymoon trip having spent two years planning it. As soon as restrictions were put in place we were 99.9% sure we wouldn't be able to go this year due to my partner being a teacher who would need to be back to work as soon as we arrived back the UK. This was also confirmed when our flights were cancelled on Wednesday this week.

We had brushed it off as we made a backup plan to go in the April holidays next year and had even rang Disney Travel Co this past week to explore the option but were told to hold off and wait for more information which lead to us being hopeful that Disney had something in the bag for its UK patrons. Since receiving the email we have have just checked the price of going next April... it closed to doubled in price before you even add flights on which rules out the Honeymoon we had planned staying at PORS.

Gutted is an understatement.

Just got my email and it says I should get a 35% discount too. I'm gobsmacked as I wasn't expecting to get it. I'm not getting ahead of myself, I won't believe it until it is confirmed.
I've confirmed I still want to go ahead with my reservation and I hope I get a revised invoice soon. I presume it'll just be off the hotel and not the park tickets, who cares so long as I get it. If the travel restrictions aren't lifted I'll modify my reservation, I won't get the 35% off, but, I'm willing to take the gamble of keeping this reservation.

Last edited:
Just got my email and it says I should get a 35% discount too. I'm gobsmacked as I wasn't expecting to get it. I'm not getting ahead of myself, I won't believe it until it is confirmed.
I've confirmed I still want to go ahead with my reservation and I hope I get a revised invoice soon. I presume it'll just be off the hotel and not the park tickets, who cares so long as I get it. If the travel restrictions aren't lifted I'll modify my reservation, I won't get the 35% off, but, I'm willing to take the gamble of keeping this reservation.

I presume you had the free meal plan?

I presume you had the free meal plan?
Not free, but, discounted, so I got breakfasts free, which is why I'm not holding my breath about the 35% discount, I don;t think they have actually thought about those who have done this. When I get the revised invoice that has removed that I will see what they have done and if I get no discount at all, even a small one then I'll call them and ask if I am entitled to something off. What have I got to lose? I'm still planning on going if the flight restrictions are lifted and if not I will just modify for next year.

Received our email too. Chosen that we'll still be attending in October - the travel restrictions are our only problem. Masks, no fireworks etc doesn't bother us but at the end of the day, we need access to the US first and foremost

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter