• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone rented an RV at Disney

FionaP

Earning My Ears
We have stayed in the cabins at Fort Wilderness and love them. I have seen places that will rent and set up RVs at campgrounds and wondered if anyone has experience with this.

G719 has you pointed in the right direction, Fiona.

You can also use the DIS Search function to look on the Camping Board and look for rental trailer threads because that does come up frequently here.

I have my own little trailer so I don't follow those rental threads too closely but there are a few vendors that seem to be mentioned frequently that provide good service so you might want to stick with a tried-and-true vendor.

Also be aware that the combined cost of a trailer and site is likely more than the cost of a Value resort room (we hear that complaint some times). People think we camp at the Fort because we're cheap. The site may be less but when you add in a cost for our trailers, no (if you tent, then it may be true). It will, however, probably be cheaper in the long run than a cabin. But the benefit over a Value is you can cook some meals at the trailer and pack a picnic lunch to the parks if you want so you can realize some cost savings on food (as you may have done in the cabin).

You'll find that the Fort books up camp sites well in advance because while Disney has added hundreds/thousands of hotel rooms on-site over the decades, they haven't made a meaningful addition to the number of Fort camp sites since the mid 70s. So book a site as early as you can.

Good luck.

Bama Ed

There are plenty of posts like this on here. Its a like a every other week question. There is one recently that asked the same question. Do a quick search and you will find members who have given their experiences with the various companies.

There are plenty of posts like this on here. Its a like a every other week question. There is one recently that asked the same question. Do a quick search and you will find members who have given their experiences with the various companies.
I looked b/f I asked and had not seen anything b/f 2019-must have missed the more recent posts.

My dream is to rent an Airstream for camping at Fort Wilderness or tent…
My daughter vacationed at AutoCampYosemite and is leaving tomorrow for AutoCampCapeCod. They love glamping .
Maybe that will be future of the River Country. DVC AutoCamp !

We have stayed in the cabins at Fort Wilderness and love them. I have seen places that will rent and set up RVs at campgrounds and wondered if anyone has experience with this.
MouseSteps had a video of this service a few years ago. Maybe it is time for them to return visit. It was a great arrangement but $$$ I think.
Hey Ft W camper devotees… you probably don’t want to mention best time of year to camp advice …Haha I understand!

We have 2 sets of twins. I started planning Fort trips in 2004. It was actually so much cheaper then. We already might have needed 2 rooms so there was that. But, back then I was able to secure a military discount and the site was $29/night!!! Now there is very rarely any discount and we are paying $200/night this next May.

Several years ago, during free dining, the cabins were the best deal for us. They maxed out with 6 people (what we had) and 4-6 of us were considered adults depending on what year! It did not make sense to pull the RV!

Now, we are spending a lot of money to stay at the Fort! The value is in the atmosphere, being able to sit outside, getting a way from the hustle, cook your own meals...etc... It is only my husband and I now, we could have a kiddo come on this next trip but we can not bank on that no more! I booked an extra site in case they do and we will rent a RV if so.

But, there is still a price point for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter