Has anyone seen any photos of the Magic in Drydock 2013?

PortMickey

WDW & DCL fan
I am sure everyone would like to see some photos of the work being done on the Magic in drydock. If anyone has a friend of a friend that has some photos, please post!

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the website info!!! Here are the Links if anyone wants to see the photos:

disneycruiselineblog:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/tag/disney-magic-re-imagined/

Here are some photos from lavozDigital.es:
http://www.lavozdigital.es/cadiz/mu...ey-magic-entra-navantia-3061506765196-mm.html

Disney-Magic-Cadiz-Day-1-LaVozDigital-Bow.jpg

2.jpg

It's time for more pics!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The problem is the tweets and pics from the shipyard's FB page were deleted; probably DCL was not happy..... I don't know why the shroud of secrecy!

Scott has talked to a CM who stated they had to sign privacy contracts; he is trying to get some locals in Cadiz to get him some pics..... Stay tuned......

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The problem is the tweets and pics from their FB page were deleted by the shipyard; probably DCL was not happy.....

Scott is trying to get some locals in Cadiz to get him some pics..... Stay tuned......

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Well if anyone can do this he can. I am patiently waiting! Tell him to get to steppin lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm excited for it to be done but sad to see her in the hospital.

I'd love more pics. I guess DCL just wants us to see a magical transformation. All the evidence that it's actually humans doing the work and making quite a mess to get to the finished product would ruin the illusion. :rotfl2:

I can't wait to get on board on October 20 and start posting here about everything, haha!

My first cruise ever will be on the new Magic on Dec. 13th....Can't wait to see the ship in person.

The privacy contract is most likely over keeping some new things a surprise until she out of the yard.

She will likely be out of the drydock in a week or 2 and alongside a pier doing the rest of the work.

The lifeboats could of been removed for a number of reasons:

1. They maybe totally replaced by new boats.

2. They were removed to provide more open space to do work on the vessel.

3. Lastly they may have been removed to another part of the yard or facility to be rebuilt/updated.

AKK

My first cruise ever will be on the new Magic on Dec. 13th....Can't wait to see the ship in person.

Well you tell her as your happy and excited to be aboard to ask her for a good cruise.

Any sailor will tell you its perfectly OK to talk to you Boat/ship!:thumbsup2

AKK

wow! Sad to see Goofy and the Magic Logo already gone from the Aft. Looks like the reconstruction of the aft is happening quickly! Can't wait to get more updates, and I'm really hoping they turn the project into a tv special!

Thank you!!:goodvibes

I'd love to see some interior pics but that would require an insider taking a risk. We'll just have to settle for exterior shots.

wow! Sad to see Goofy and the Magic Logo already gone from the Aft. Looks like the reconstruction of the aft is happening quickly! Can't wait to get more updates, and I'm really hoping they turn the project into a tv special!

They typically remove the charters from the back during dry dock so they won't be damaged . As for the log they may have painted it out to make it harder to identify her. Apparently they have done that with the steam engines when they have sent them out to get some work done on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter