Has anyone seen the newest issue with Ford?

Nisa

Mouseketeer
This was on our local news today:

"Group Wants Ford To Strip Gay Rights From Employees
Family Group Criticizes Automaker For Gay-Friendly Policies

POSTED: 9:37 am EDT May 2, 2006

FERNDALE, Mich. -- A conservative Christian group leading a boycott of Ford Motor Co. over its gay-friendly policies has criticized the automaker's links to a June event in suburban Detroit.

The Motor City Pride event in Ferndale, Mich., next month features a same-sex commitment ceremony.

Ford and the event's sponsors said that the company is sponsoring a family activity area, not the commitment ceremony.

The Tupelo, Miss.,-based American Family Association long has criticized Ford for advertising in gay media, sponsoring gay events and gay-friendly personnel policies.

The association is supporting a shareholder's proposal at Ford's May 11 annual meeting that would strip gay rights provisions from the company's equal employment policy."

I hope Ford does not bend to this never ending criticism. I'd hate to have to get rid of my Ford Escape.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter