• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone stayed at a Grand Villa at OKW?

ilovediznee

Always planning our next trip home to Disney!!!
Hi! We are taking my husband's whole family and my mother to OKW next May. We own at BWV but the points were so much better that we couldn't pass it up.

Has anyone stayed in a Grand Villa there? Is there a room # you recommend? We are going in December too, so I want to go by there and see if we can look at one.

If you've stayed in one, I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

we stayed in a Grand Villa this past August and loved every second of it. We were right on Pennisular Road I think the room # was 2220 (I'm not 100% positive on that) We love stying on pennisular road because you are close to Turtle Crawl and you never have to wait for buses long... at least in our experience. The space in the villa is fantastic!!!! WE had 12 people in ours and we never felt like we need more space. The second bedroom upstairs is smaller than the other one but has a little bigger closet. Oh that's one bit of advice...there isn't a ton of drawer space so you may want to hang things up. It worked out well for us since my fiancee is 6'10" he just used the shelf in the closet as a place for his clothes. The Bathrooms are set up great with the shower and toliet in one room and the sinks outside. The second batroom downstairs is a great thing to have if people are sleeping on the sofa bed....which is the most comfortable one I have ever slept on. There are plenty of closets downstairs if you need more room...we used the laundry room to store 4 sets of golfclubs..and you still had plenty of room in there. We were so pleased with everything in the place....if you have any more questions just let me know!!1

The GV's at OKW are wonderful! I stayed in one this past July with my son and quite a few of his friends. It is huge with 3 bedrooms and 4 baths (one downstairs in the hallway which has a shower only). I guess the 4th bath is for anyone sleeping on the sofa bed. Dining room has table and chairs for 8 with another big round table in the living room with 4 chairs. Master bedroom is downstairs, and 2 others are upstairs. We were in building 22 (I think) which is the last building when you turn right at the first intersection. Kinda far from the HH, but no complaints here! We checked in on a Sunday morning about 10:00 a.m., I guess it was ready because no one had been there on Sat. night. I think all of the GV's are one floor up from the ground - you go up one flight of stairs outside, but I could be wrong. I have not stayed in a GV at Boardwalk, but I know you will love the space of the ones at OKW. Enjoy!

We have stayed in eight different Grand Villas. Never the same one twice. All of the locations were perfect. Every area has something that makes it great. The only one I would prefer not to have again is in building 15. It was near the road and when you were out on the patio, it was kind of loud.

The GVs go very fast, you should try to make alternate plans or trade points with an OKW owner. They are not easy to get at the seven month window.

We stayed in one last Dec.
My hubbys family (his folks, his sister and her husband, and us) all stayed in one for 5 nights.

It was perfect. We bought at OKW before we ever saw it and this was our first time staying there even though we had owned for a couple of years. We were so impressed.

We had ample room for the six of us. Transportation to and from the parks was easy and close. I will have to check our photos to see what our room number was. (we are trying to get into the habit of taking a picture of us in front of the room door)

I was pleased by all the space and everything they had in the units. Others have mentioned some of the specifics. We used the washer/dryers (I didnt think we would), but 6 people for 5+ nights...

We stayed there for my DW 40th birthday with the whole family. It was great and we would not hesitate to return with a large group. I do, however, prefer the one or two bedroom because it seems more like a small vacation home. The GV has that nice dinning area and a little larger kitchen, for those of us who like to use the stove decoration.

We stayed in one of the handicap accessible GV's in building 47 or 48 (can't remember) in 1998 with my sister and her family. It was a wonderful experience. Our two families don't always see eye-to-eye, and there was plenty of space so that we could keep out of each others' way. I haven't yet had a "bad" room at Old Key West.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter