Has anyone stayed at a hotel with a kitchen? How much did you pay?

I've stayed at the Hyatt House on S Harbor that had a small kitchenette -- I believe it was the 2 queen studio kitchenette. We paid about $200 a night for the room. It had a microwave, sink, cooktop (no oven), microwave, and fridge (larger than normal compact hotel size, but smaller than a normal fridge -- as a reference it fit up to the counter height in the picture below).

They also provided some cooking supplies (pans, utilensils), plates, cups, mugs, and even a wine opener. The room is really nice and new, and the hotel also offers a full free breakfast. The hotel is located above a Walgreens that makes it nice to stock up on beverages and snacks. There is also a Blaze pizza right under it that has very tasty fast service pizzas. I also LOVED their beds. So comfy!

It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the parks (depending on your walking speed).

kitchen-next-to-entrance.jpg

We've done the Homewood. Not all rooms have a big kitchen, but the family rooms do. We had a king bed room the last time (it was just two of us) and the kitchen was just one long counter along the side of the bed. But, the family suite room has a much bigger kitchen/fridge/stove/etc.

Pretty decent breakfast. We've done the happy hour (beer, wine, some well drinks and snacks). We haven't done the dinners, since we are normally in the parks then. It's a pretty short walk to the Toy Story Shuttle, which you can ride for free to/from the parks. It's about a mile if you walk it. And an Uber ride is about $6. We use all three options depending on time of day and how we feel about walking. :-)

We've always used Hilton points for the room, so I can't comment on the prices.

We used to stay at the timeshare, Dolphin's Cove, for years (free parking, wifi too). There's also Peacock Suites. You might find cheap rentals if you search around.

We’re staying at the Country In. And Suites by Raddison, I like that there’s no parking charge, no resort fee, and a full included breakfast. Won’t know how the breakfast is till in the morning.
Our room has a fridge and microwave which works for us. We live within a 6.5 hour drive so I prep things like taco meat a day or two before and freeze and stick in a cooler for a quick kid friendly dinner. I’ve also taken my rice cooker before, I’ve been surprised what you can cook in one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter