• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone stayed at either...

DarleneS

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed at either Sheraton World or Renaissance Orlando Resort? Does anyone know what the room sizes are in the dexluxe rooms? I cann't find the difference between a dexluxe room and a standard room for either of the hotels (other than Price). We are a family of 5, so room size is very important.
Any information about either hotel would help me decided, which hotel to stay in. Thank You!!!!

Gee, I have the EXACT same question. We are going down in Oct 2002. Planning on spending a night at either the Sheraton World or Rennaissance, also. DH and I are traveling with DD age 4, and DS, almost 3. Would love to hear what others think is the better place to stay :)

I highly recommend the Renaissance Hotel. It is one of the nicest hotels in Southern Fl. Our family of 4 stayed for 4 nights last year while in Orlando and it was a highlight of the stay.

The pool area is grand and the restaurants are of the highest quality. Now for the goodies !!!!. With advance reservations we were able to get a room rate of 69.95 per night. All reservations were made over the internet and I only called the hotel a week ahead to confirm.

The hotel has one of the most beautiful atriums in the U.S. and it is only a five minute walk to Sea World/Discovery Cove.

Have a great time. We did.

The Girvin's of Lancaster Co. PA

lyndon1,
I have decided on the Renaissance! It sounds great!
What internet site did you use? Thank You all!!!!!!!!

I was very lucky to get the Renaissance for 2 nights in March through priceline. I called to make some room requests (non-smoking; 2 beds) and was told they could not guarantee my requests.

How large is a standard room? If the Renaissance puts us in a room with a King bed, is there also a sofa / pull-out sofa / oversize chair in the room? There are 2 adults and 2 children -- worst-case scenario, we get extra blankets and pillows from housekeeping and the kids sleep on the floor, I guess.

Does the Renaissance have a shuttle to Seaworld then?

Herc.

The Renaissance is literally across the street from SWF, you walk. That's why it so cool to stay there. Let's put it this way, if you're at the gate of SWF and realize you forgot something in your room, you'd probably go back and get it, that's how close you are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter