Has anyone stayed at the updated Doubletree DTD?

PGHDisneyfan

Im a lawnmower, you can tell me by the way I walk
Although we love staying in the parks, my insane travel schedule provides me enough Hilton Honor Points to pay off the national debt and leave plenty of points for a multi week family vacation. Time and time again we find ourselves at the Doubletree on hotel plaza blvd just down the road from DTD.friendly staff, good location to the parks, nice big rooms, we really like everything about it. I've seen some pictures of the recent renovations and it looks great just wondering if anyone has stayed there. Thanks

Have not stayed since reno to Doubletree but have stayed and enjoyed as well.

If you have car consider the newer Embassy Suites - Lake Buena Vista South on points. Suites are great. The cooked to order breakfast is included not extra plus evening managers reception. We have had great stays there, once for 9 days on points and service never waivered. The plus was it's a direct shot into the parks without having to go through DTD area. Easy to get to anything else as well. We never spent more than 10 minutes in car to the parks or DTD. Publix is across street, Walmart down street. No parking or resort fees and if you have that many points am sure you qualify for free wifi.

http://www.mouseclues.com/outsidetheworld/placestostay/reviews/embassysuiteslakebuenavistasouth.html

I actually checked it out to use points but I see they charge for parking. I try not to stay at hotels that make you pay to park especially just on the downtown Disney street

We have stayed at the doubletree before the renovation and after the renovation. Such an improvement! Rooms are beautiful and very modern. Looking forward to staying here again in the future. :)

Thanks all for your input, hopper fan we have been considering the Embassy suites and I like the idea of not paying for parking! I might look at swapping my reservations since we still have about 9 weeks! Thanks again gang!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter