Has anyone tried Garcinia Cambogia Extract?

sms

DIS Veteran
I'm not selling it. Dr. Oz was talking about it one day. I looked it up on amazon and saw a lot of great reviews. Now, I know some reviews are made up but I wanted to try it anyway. I have tried all different kinds of diet pills and I hate them. This one seems to be different. I have only been taking it for about 4 days. It curbs my appetite and gives me energy and just all around makes me feel better. Im not going to weigh myself for a couple of weeks. If I don't lose weight, I may continue it just because it makes me feel good!:upsidedow It doesn't make me jittery, nauseous or gag when I try to eat. I don't get bursts of energy and then crash. I sleep really good at night even if I don't get a lot of sleep. I feel rested when I get up and have been getting a lot of things done! it doesn't have caffeine or chromium or preservatives or a bunch of crap in it. He doesn't say which brand to get but you need to make sure it has the % of ingredients that Dr. Oz says to use in order to get the benefits of it. You can get most of this info off of amazon reviews. I like it so far!! Oh, btw, I am overweight. I want to lose about 45lbs. I will let you know how it goes!!:) If you have tried it, let me know what you think!

When I took it, I got terrible heartburn and I felt full to the point of being extremely uncomfortable. I felt so full that I felt like I had a lump in my throat. I stopped taking it for a few days and then started up a week later and got the same results. Not for me unfortunately. Good luck to you OP! I hope it works well.

Initially, I was shocked that Dr Oz would be endorsing a product with a very little available clinical data about it's efficacy and safety. Then I found the information below.
"The Dr. Oz Show" Launches "IT'S NOT ME" Campaign to Inform and Warn Viewers About Rogue Marketers Engaging in Copyright Infringement And Illegal Use of The Dr. Oz Name. " largest organized fraudulent efforts include green coffee bean extract, raspberry ketones and garcinia cambogia."
http://www.doctoroz.com/press/dr-oz...d-warn-viewers-about-rogue-marketers-engaging

Several studies have questioned the efficacy of this herbal supplement and there are published reports of liver toxicity associated with this product. OP, just be careful. I understand how hard it is to lose weight. I have struggled all my life with my weight, however, there are no magic pills. Long-term effects of using this product are unknown.

Just to add: "FDA regulates dietary supplements under a different set of regulations than those covering drug products. Manufacturers of dietary supplements are responsible for ensuring that their products are safe and that the label information is truthful and not misleading. However, a manufacturer of a dietary supplement does not have to provide the FDA with data that demonstrate the safety of the product before it is marketed. In contrast, manufacturers of drugs have to provide the FDA with evidence that their products are both safe and effective before the drugs can be sold."

I'm not selling it. Dr. Oz was talking about it one day. I looked it up on amazon and saw a lot of great reviews. Now, I know some reviews are made up but I wanted to try it anyway. I have tried all different kinds of diet pills and I hate them.

I have never tried Garcinia, but I have been using Green Coffee Extract for a few months now. I saw it on the Dr. Oz show late last year, forget exactly when, but he did recommend it. Do a search on YouTube for "Dr. Oz Green Coffee" and it should pop up.

I bought it at Skinny Green Coffee, and to be honest the first 2 or 3 weeks its effect were slow to none. After that it seemed to kick in, and I have been losing between 1.5 and 2 lbs a week consistently, without any change in diet, though I have been exercising a bit more than before.

Make sure you get the real product, though. Looks like there are a lot of versions out there. The one sold on that website I can attest to, and their information is pretty good, too.

I may give that Garcinia a try, once I find out if there's any issues if I take both.

Hugs,

Jaime

Initially, I was shocked that Dr Oz would be endorsing a product with a very little available clinical data about it's efficacy and safety. Then I found the information below.

Well, honestly that's a bit more like he's not getting anything for it and is upset. I cannot speak for Garcinia as I did not see his show on it, if he ever did one. But I did see his show where he waxed enthusiastically about Green Coffee Bean Extract. A bit late for him to try and "unendorse" it after all he said.

I just looked at his website, and he has a full section on it at http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/fact-sheet-green-coffee-bean

He is clear on not endorsing any specific brand, but he still vouches for the extract.

Hugs,

Jaime

Pills do not work.

Dr. Oz has sold out.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion as everyone else is, but... At least in Green Coffee's case, besides Dr. Oz's endorsement on TV, there's a reputable study (double blind) done by the University of Scranton. I live in Stroudsburg, which is, um, 30 or so miles away from Scranton. That is a real university, and very no nonsense. So excuse me if I still believe in at least that pill, especially since it has been working fine for me for 2 months now.

Link to University study: http://www.dovepress.com/randomized...se-crossover-study-peer-reviewed-article-DMSO

Hugs,

Jaime

My lawyer takes green coffee tea extract and is losing a ton of weight!

:cheer2: Thank you! So glad to see it's not just me. How many lbs is your lawyer losing per week? I am trying to see if my experience is normal, and also if I can up the ante a bit. There's this one dress I really want to fit into... :bride:

Hugs,

Jaime

Dr Oz learned his lesson from the Green Coffee Bean promotion. There turned up ads everywhere especially FB with him endorsing it so he has been trying to put a stop to ppl using his name even though he did endorse it.

I watched his show the other day with Kirsty Ally on it promoting her weight loss stuff and he made a major point to say "Im not advertising this".

Due to him I tried the Coffee bean pill but I hate taking pills I dont have to so not really sure how long I stuck to it.

Ive seen the ads for the GC too and have been tempted to try it, but I have tons of bottle of pills laying around. Energy would be reason alone to try it due to chronic fatigue so would look forward to your updates.

Watched Dr Oz promoting this weight loss supplement this morning. I know there is no magic pill, but I would hate to think he'd actually tell a bunch of overweight people that this works if it doesn't. (I truly think he is turning into a quack, though, he promotes way too many things..). So has anyone else given this stuff a try? I find that even if supplements don't actually work, I can trick myself into taking exercise and eating right more seriously. I tried the Hoodia stuff years back and bought it twice, but I think it was all in my head and seriously cutting back carbs that helped me lose a few pounds.

Wanted to bump this up. Dr. Oz show today is called

"Dr Oz takes down the scammers using his name to dupe you"

Should be interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter