• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone tried Paddlefish at DS

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
We usually do Boat House, but really want to try Paddlefish. Has anyone eaten there recently? Reviews on Yelp said they do a good job with social distancing. (by the way, anyone know how good social distancing is at Boat House?)

And would we be better of going to Boat House for pre-dinner cocktails or just having them at Paddle fish?

Thanks for advice!

Haven't been to either and need to pick for a trip in 2 weeks.
Which ... and why?

Boathouse I think has better selection and atmosphere. Paddlefish was load expensive and menus was meh. We loved Boathouse and would do that over Paddlefish now.

We usually do Boat House, but really want to try Paddlefish. Has anyone eaten there recently? Reviews on Yelp said they do a good job with social distancing. (by the way, anyone know how good social distancing is at Boat House?)

And would we be better of going to Boat House for pre-dinner cocktails or just having them at Paddle fish?

Thanks for advice!

If you have a discerning pallet, boat house 100% over paddlefish. I was very underwhelmed as were the rest in my party during our two visits to paddlefish and will not be back. Boat House has always knocked it out of the park.

Thanks for advice!
LOVE Paddlefish, but skipping it this trip. The menu is so limited now and 2 of our fav. dishes are not there.

Well, there certainly is a variety of opinions about Paddlefish. My experience was 2.5 years ago, and we thought it had uninspired food and weak service. We do not plan to return absent a major overhaul. I would definitely prefer Boathouse.

Well, there certainly is a variety of opinions about Paddlefish. My experience was 2.5 years ago, and we thought it had uninspired food and weak service. We do not plan to return absent a major overhaul. I would definitely prefer Boathouse.
Wow...I had the opposite experience. We ate at Boathouse and the lobster roll was not anywhere as good as Paddlefish and the fish I ordered was terrible. Never had bad service or food at Paddlefish. Even 1 of the managers came over and told us a great story about Walt. FWIW...I ate there when it was Empress Lilly and Fultons. Fultons was not good. I'm sad we won't be eating at PF this year.

I have a memory from nearly 30 years ago of a very dispirited character breakfast on the Empress Lily.

I have a memory from nearly 30 years ago of a very dispirited character breakfast on the Empress Lily.
Aw...my DD loved the character breakfast at EL. She was 4 and the waiter asked her what she wanted. She was very shy so I told him she only talks to Mickey. He went over to the small flag stands, took 2 of the black disc stands and put them behind his head so it looked like Mickey ears. She loved that! I have a picture and one with her and Mickey from that breakfast. Great memories!

Our favorite part of Paddlefish is getting cocktails and appetizers at the rooftop lounge- there's big couches and excellent views. The vibe is much different than the inside- its more relaxed.
Our first visit to Paddlefish a couple of years ago was so bad, the manager offered us gift certificates to make up for the service (forgotten orders, slowness) and menu (items on the menu weren't available- even the server told us it was easier to tell us what they actually have instead of what they were out of) and food (how does a restaurant run out of french fries!?!?! and then how does the table next to you get fries when your server tells you they are out of them?!?!) . We used the gift certificates to try out the rooftop lounge, which is now our go-to for drinks and small plates.

If you do end up having dinner at Paddlefish, definitely get your pre-drinks upstairs! :)

We ate at Boathouse in July. We love their food, but out of all the restaurants I felt they did the worst in regards to social distancing. There was quite a few tables that I didn't feel were actually 6 ft apart and they were not leaving tables empty (all were full when we went). They sat us in a room by the window so I felt okay, but there were a few tables that I wouldn't have sat at because I felt they were too close together.

We have eaten at both, but not during social distancing. We all liked Paddlefish a lot more. Their menu feels more like real seafood, instead of fish that's part of a recipe and covered in sauce or fried.

Just an FYI for anyone going between now and end of September: two discount opportunities. @erinch

Back to School Teacher Discounts!
Teachers and Educators receive 35% off dine-in every day during the month of September at both Paddlefish and Terralina Crafted Italian!

And for anyone:

Both Terralina Crafted Italian and Paddlefish are part of Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining program, running through October 4, 2020. Visit us for a prix-fixe dinner for just $35 per person! Plus, $1 from each meal served benefits Feed the Need Florida, which works to help feed people who have struggled with getting access to healthy food during the COVID crisis.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter