• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone tried the travel space bags?

minnieandmickey

Queen of the run on sentence!
Has anyone tried the travel space bags, the ones where you put your clothes,etc. in and then roll them up to push the air out of them. Just wondering what your likes and dislikes are about them.

got them from QVC for our upcoming trip to WDW in April ... haven't actually used them yet ... planning a packing "test run" in the next week to 10 days ... we'll see at that point how well they work.

The bags save a lot of room in my suitcase. They're good for clothes that don't wrinkle easily (fleece, sweaters, etc.) I think they're great. :earsgirl:

Yes, they work well. They save a lot of space. Use them for things that either don't wrinkle or those things that it doesn't matter if they wrinkle.

Don't know if you have an Ames near you, but ours ran a special this week on them - box of 5 bags, 3 med, 2 large for $10.00 - picked up a box for each of us and tried it with my fleece robe - was very impressed with how much it reduced the bulk - and because it's fleece the wrinkles came right back out - probably won't use it for my cotton tees because it did wrinkle a lot - nylon and jean shorts should be fine, though.

Do they work any better than using ziplock bags and squeezing all the air out by sitting on them?

They come in various sizes, with the biggest one being much bigger than the biggest ziploc baggie. You'd probably have to use a LOT of ziplocs.

We have used that type of bag for a couple of years.

Far better than zip locks,,because you can get much more air out. It has a one way valvce to let air out,,not in.

They are best for things that dont winkle much

We use a large bag just for laundry. We marked the bag,,,laundry, so we don't use it for clean clothes. GReatly reduces the amount of space needed for laundry,,,and who cares if it gets wrinkled.

Bought ours at the Container STore. Don't get them too cheap or they me too thin and rip. I saw a demo on the Today SHow and a finger went right through the bag.

Got those space bags at the Ames sale. - much bigger than I thought they'd be - like an extremely large ziplock - I was using ziplocks most everything and this looks like it will work even better. I also buy those white zippered lingerie/laundry bags (at the dollar store). They're made out of mesh material. I use them to keep our packing organized and they roll fairly well too. Probably works just as well for less money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter