Has anyone tried this

Wendy1985

Loves everything fitness
The Greek sauce is typically made with Greek yogurt has anyone tried different flavors to make it with besides regular Greek yogurt

I feel your pain, I've tried at least a dozen recipes to make it home-made and it's always been completely horrible so I don't even bother any more. At some point I discovered Wegmans makes one and now that's what I do. Tzatziki & Fish Taco Sauce (Ortega Chipotle) are the two toughest sauces for me.

Can try labneh which is more savory IMO.

I wish I had one of those near me because Publix not Walmart has it but a Greek place across the street got me addicted unfortunately it is a restaurant

I get my tzatziki from Walmart.
In my opinion its the best I've had and I've tried many since I love dipping veggies in it.
Trouble is half the time they are out of it as has been the case for so much since covid.

I swear by this recipe....it is so good!! Even better a few hours to the next day after you make it.

I make many of her recipes and enjoy 99% of them.

Tzatziki Sauce Recipe - NatashasKitchen.com

Ingredients
  • 1/2 English cucumber
  • 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
  • 16 oz Cold plain Greek yogurt , (2 cups, either full fat or fat-free will work)
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, Juice of 1/2 lemon; please squeeze a real lemon
  • 3 to 4 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
  • 1/3 cup chopped dill
  • 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
US CustomaryMetric
Instructions
Prep the Cucumber:
  1. Peel and finely dice the cucumber, or you can grate on the large holes of a box grater if preferred. Transfer to a bowl lined with a cheesecloth* and sprinkle cucumbers with 1/2 tsp salt and give them a light stir. Set aside for the cucumbers to release their juice while you prep the remaining ingredients.
How to Make Tzatziki Sauce:
  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, grated garlic cloves, chopped dill, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, or season to taste.

2. Use the cheesecloth to squeeze out as much juice as you can from your chopped cucumber. You'll be surprised how much juice comes out. Discard the juice and add squeezed cucumber to your mixing bowl.

3. Stir everything to combine and season to taste with more salt and pepper if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve. I love serving drizzled with a little more extra virgin olive oil.
Recipe Notes

*If you don’t have a cheesecloth, you can also set cucumbers over a fine mesh strainer then squeeze out as much liquid as you can with your hands.

MJ

Last edited:
I make it with Fage Greek yogurt which is extremely thick and then make sure to squeeze all the water out of the cucumber. It takes me a good five minutes and I use a strainer and paper towels. It must sit and marinate at least 4 hours for the flavors to meld together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter