Has anyone used David’s Vacation Rentals?

There are 4 studio categories at AKV: value (Jambo only), standard, savannah and concierge (Jambo only). You will not be able to book either value or concierge... these are the most coveted by owners and will likely be locked in before you can request them.

As long as you plan either standard or savannah, you have a reasonably good chance to book a studio. Be aware, however, as others have pointed out already, this is absolute peak season for DVC... booking with an AKV owner who has the 11 month advantage will be to your benefit.

thanks. What about may? Is that a popular month for dvc owners? What months would be downtime’s for them?

We are not DVC members but are considering renting points for a future trip. Other than savings (which is tremendous) are there any other benefits that you get from Disney as a "point renter"?

We are not DVC members but are considering renting points for a future trip. Other than savings (which is tremendous) are there any other benefits that you get from Disney as a "point renter"?
Disney isn't going to give you anything special for being a "point renter". You get the same benefits that anyone staying on property gets and if you have a vehicle, you can park overnight without incurring a fee. But renters are not entitled to any DVC member perks, if that's what you're asking.

thanks! So if you book through them, do you get all the benefits as if we were to book with Disney?
idk what "benefits" you mean.

You don't get daily housekeeping. You don't get the little extra booklet for free mini golf and such. You don't get a full refund if you cancel.

You get whatever Disney is offering at the time as far as extra magic hours. You can add the dining plan.

idk what "benefits" you mean.

You don't get daily housekeeping. You don't get the little extra booklet for free mini golf and such. You don't get a full refund if you cancel.

You get whatever Disney is offering at the time as far as extra magic hours. You can add the dining plan.

Yeah, I meant the dining plan and EMH, if emh is even a thing anymore

And to add the dining plan you have to pay 100% at the time you add. The DVC owner whose points you are booked on must add it for you. No payment plan, and you cannot do it yourself.

Yeah, I meant the dining plan and EMH, if emh is even a thing anymore
All resorts get a 30-minite head start in the parks each morning starting October 1. The Deluxe and deluxe villas (DVC) will also get some sort of extra time in select parks on select nights. That's a benefit of staying deluxe.

Of course, everything is subject to change at any time.

The DVC Rental Store has terms which seem to favor the person travelling rather than the owner. The owner is agreeing to make modifications, and there is no limit to the number of modifications. As an owner, I would want to make one reservation and be done with it. I would not want to agree to make an unlimited number of changes. The DVC Member website goes down, the phone lines have multi-hour waits, the chat feature doesn't always work, and I'm not sure every possible change can be done by sending an email. Things could be going on in my life which would prevent me from giving this kind of attention to a reservation. And if I wanted to micro-manage the rental process, I could use the Rent/Trade Board here and do it all myself, and not have to give an agency a share of the tenant's money.

The agreement includes this:

8. DVC Member agrees to modify reservations as directed by The DVC Rental Store including but not limited to the following:

a. So long as DVC Member’s points do not expire prior to the new reservation request, if directed, DVC Member shall cancel the existing reservation and book a new reservation, utilizing the original points from the cancelled reservation, per instructions provided by The DVC Rental Store. In this event, the existing Point Use Rental Agreement will be terminated, and a new Point Use Rental Agreement with the same Point Use Rate payable to DVC Member will be executed between Member and new Guest. DVC Member will be paid the full Point Use Rate based on the original reservation plus a $50 courtesy fee to make said changes.

b. If directed by The DVC Rental Store to do so, DVC Member shall remove the original lead Guest, as well as other Guests and, change all contact information per instructions provided by The DVC Rental Store. In this event, the existing Point Use Rental Agreement will be terminated, and a new Point Use Rental Agreement with the same payout to DVC Member will be executed between Member and new Guest. DVC Member will be paid the full amount based on the original reservation plus a $50 courtesy fee to make said changes which shall also be the consideration for entering into a new Point Use Rental Agreement.

c. All modifications will still be subject to the same agreed terms in this Intermediary Agreement. There is no set limit to the amount of modifications, however, for each modification the DVC Member will receive a $50 courtesy fee.

When you rent, you are not renting from Disney any longer. You are agreeing to rent a reservation from a DVC owner and it’s a private transaction.

So, any special promotions you see Disney offering like free dining, etc. don’t apply.

You will be eligible for any onsite perks such as morning and evening EMH in effect. Since you are not the DVC owner, you can not get any DVC member benefits so no discounts or visiting TOTWL.

The DVC Rental Store has terms which seem to favor the person travelling rather than the owner. The owner is agreeing to make modifications, and there is no limit to the number of modifications. As an owner, I would want to make one reservation and be done with it. I would not want to agree to make an unlimited number of changes. The DVC Member website goes down, the phone lines have multi-hour waits, the chat feature doesn't always work, and I'm not sure every possible change can be done by sending an email. Things could be going on in my life which would prevent me from giving this kind of attention to a reservation. And if I wanted to micro-manage the rental process, I could use the Rent/Trade Board here and do it all myself, and not have to give an agency a share of the tenant's money.

8. DVC Member agrees to modify reservations as directed by The DVC Rental Store including but not limited to the following:

a. So long as DVC Member’s points do not expire prior to the new reservation request, if directed, DVC Member shall cancel the existing reservation and book a new reservation, utilizing the original points from the cancelled reservation, per instructions provided by The DVC Rental Store. In this event, the existing Point Use Rental Agreement will be terminated, and a new Point Use Rental Agreement with the same Point Use Rate payable to DVC Member will be executed between Member and new Guest. DVC Member will be paid the full Point Use Rate based on the original reservation plus a $50 courtesy fee to make said changes.

b. If directed by The DVC Rental Store to do so, DVC Member shall remove the original lead Guest, as well as other Guests and, change all contact information per instructions provided by The DVC Rental Store. In this event, the existing Point Use Rental Agreement will be terminated, and a new Point Use Rental Agreement with the same payout to DVC Member will be executed between Member and new Guest. DVC Member will be paid the full amount based on the original reservation plus a $50 courtesy fee to make said changes which shall also be the consideration for entering into a new Point Use Rental Agreement.

c. All modifications will still be subject to the same agreed terms in this Intermediary Agreement. There is no set limit to the amount of modifications, however, for each modification the DVC Member will receive a $50 courtesy fee.

Wow. This takes me out from ever using them. I like my plan better. I rent below market value for stricter terms. However, I don’t rent often and have enough friends and family to rent to that this isn’t needed.

Wow, we aren’t planning to rent any points in the foreseeable future, but if we do we won’t be using the DVC Rental Store or David’s. If we’re not renting to friends or family, it’s DISboards Rent/Trade board for us.

I would still prefer DVC Rental Store's terms over David's, but I agree with the PPs. I prefer to set my own terms and prices. Renting via the Rent/Trade Board worked quite well for me and I think my renters got a fair price. I understand why many first-time renters might be wary of doing a private rental but they can be quite beneficial to both parties.

Yes. We've used them two times for a total of 3 separate reservations. I found them very easy to work with. No problems. Will use them again.

I was caught up in the whole David’s pandemic fiasco in 2020 where they didn’t want to pay me the final 30% of the rental amount due. They finally did. I swore I wouldn’t use them again. I already have.

I only rent out points early in their use year so that if another pandemic hits, I can refund and still use those points myself. I rent out points to pay for disney cruises and still feel better using David’s than renting on my own. If I need to refund, no big deal. I will and then use the points myself. If I thought I wouldn’t be able to come up with the money for a refund, I wouldn’t use them. Not an issue for me.

I only rent out points early in their use year so that if another pandemic hits, I can refund and still use those points myself. I rent out points to pay for disney cruises and still feel better using David’s than renting on my own. If I need to refund, no big deal. I will and then use the points myself. If I thought I wouldn’t be able to come up with the money for a refund, I wouldn’t use them. Not an issue for me.

So if I book with David’s or dvc rental, is my reservation 100% booked or can the owner of the dvc cancel at anytime and I’m out of the money?

So if I book with David’s or dvc rental, is my reservation 100% booked or can the owner of the dvc cancel at anytime and I’m out of the money?
The owner always retains control of the reservation. And reservations can get canceled due to IT glitches, owner in arrears on their dues or mortgage, etc. But the rental agencies pretty much guarantee that you will either get comparable accommodations at no additional cost or a voucher to be used at another time. You have to read their rental agreement to see what kind of remedies they offer.

Yes, I could cancel the reservation I made thru David’s for renters right now if I wanted. But I signed a contract that I wouldn’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter