Has anyone used the Scotia Bank Visa Scene+Points Credit?

disneyfreak89

DIS Veteran
So I've been trying to figure out a way to use my Scene+ points for our trip next year and stumbled across this option from Scotia Bank.
Apparently, if you have a Scotia Bank Visa card you can redeem your Scene+ points to pay off your transactions.
I realize there is likely a foreign exchange fee if I use this card in Disney to buy park tickets, but I think it might still be worth it to us so we can use our Scene+ points!

Has anyone used this points for credit feature for their Scotia Bank purchases? Almost seems to good to be true. Am I missing anything?

Yes, I use my points that way. Before Scotia changed to Scene+, you could use points to get Disney gift cards, but that is no longer available.

I have the Scotia Visa Infinite Passport card which has no foreign exchange fee.

I have used them. I was depositing all my scene points into my Visa account and then using my Visa account to purchase merchandise .( I also used it to pay my DVC yearly Maintenance fees).
My transactions were in Canada so I' don't know about the foreign exchange fee.

I decided I was getting better dollar value by using them for Hotel stays and have started doing that.
see articles below.

My recent Hotel booking (Expedia) covered all additional fees during the check out process.

Tea/Coffee break read

https://www.ratehub.ca/blog/how-the-scene-rewards-program-works/

https://hardbacon.ca/en/rewards-points/sceneplus/

Hugs Mel

Yes, I use my points that way. Before Scotia changed to Scene+, you could use points to get Disney gift cards, but that is no longer available.

I have the Scotia Visa Infinite Passport card which has no foreign exchange fee.
Aw yes, I remember hearing about the Disney gift cards, that's what made me look into Scotia Bank CC's.

I have used them. I was depositing all my scene points into my Visa account and then using my Visa account to purchase merchandise .( I also used it to pay my DVC yearly Maintenance fees).
My transactions were in Canada so I' don't know about the foreign exchange fee.

I decided I was getting better dollar value by using them for Hotel stays and have started doing that.
see articles below.

My recent Hotel booking (Expedia) covered all additional fees during the check out process.

Tea/Coffee break read

https://www.ratehub.ca/blog/how-the-scene-rewards-program-works/

https://hardbacon.ca/en/rewards-points/sceneplus/

Hugs Mel
Thanks for the added links Mel! I have a couple of questions about using your points to pay off your card.

1) Can you use already accumulated Scene points or does it have to be points you've earned only with your Visa card? I ask because I already accumulated 70,000 Scene points and according to a Scotia Bank video I saw about the points credit system (sorry it won't let me post the link), I already have $500 worth to put towards my credit card balance?!?! Almost sounds too good to be true. Hope I understood that right.

2) Is there a limit how many points you can use to pay off your balance? This could be a deal breaker for me if its a small amount.

Hi Hon
Edited to add I never earned any points using my VISA.

I actually have never had to pay off any balance owing,,,, because I was always just depositing my points into my Scene+ Visa ... so I had a credit. This is not my main credit card I use all the time,, but the only account associated with Scotia Bank that I have.
My credit card always showed a Credit amount of the balance I deposited.
I had over $800.00 in there at one time.
Hope that makes sense and helps.

Last edited:
Bit more info from Scene+
Terms
Points for Credit: You can use your Scene+ Points for a credit on participating Scotiabank debit card and credit card accounts that earn Scene+ Points (the “Eligible Scotiabank Scene+ Card Accounts”). Once the request to redeem Points for Credit has been submitted, you cannot cancel the request and no changes can be made. It may take up to 2-3 business days, following a request to redeem Points for Credit, for the credit to appear on the eligible Scotiabank Scene+ debit card account, and up to 5 business days for the credit to appear on the eligible Scotiabank Scene+ credit card account. Your Eligible Scotiabank Scene+ Card Account must be open at the time the credit is applied to the account to receive any Points for Credit.
For credit cards: Points for Credit redemptions will be applied towards the balance of the credit card account, and not towards a particular transaction. Please note that even if you redeem for Points for Credit you are still responsible for making any monthly minimum payment applicable to your eligible Scotiabank Scene+ credit card account by your payment due date.

explain1.jpg
You will need 71,500 for a 500$ credit

Hi Hon
Edited to add I never earned any points using my VISA.

I actually have never had to pay off any balance owing,,,, because I was always just depositing my points into my Scene+ Visa ... so I had a credit. This is not my main credit card I use all the time,, but the only account associated with Scotia Bank that I have.
My credit card always showed a Credit amount of the balance I deposited.
I had over $800.00 in there at one time.
Hope that makes sense and helps.
Oh ok got it! Thanks for the clarification. So I can have a credit before using the card. Good to know.
You will need 71,500 for a 500$ credit
Right! Thanks. I'm surprised they are worth that much since redeeming them in store for groceries would only be $70, is that correct?

Hi I just checkedexample3.jpg on the Scene website
a Multi store gift card looks like this

example2.jpg
You would have about $700 dollars in Gift cards.

The Scotiabank Amex scene+ card gives better rewards and has no foreign exchange! If you use it to pay for travel expenses (lodging, car rental park tickets) you can exchange points 1000/$10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter