Has anyone used Vacationstogo.com to book a cruise?

Chris and Pooh

Ukchrisuk
Hi

I am looking at adding a 5 night cruise to our itinerary when we go to Florida in November with RCCL and have noticed how cheap the quotes are for vacationstogo.com.

Has anyone had any experience with this company?

We used them a few years ago to book our first DCL cruise because they offered an OBC. When we boarded the OBC did not show up on our reservation so we called when we returned and they mailed us a check for it. So, it was no problem. I would use them again.

We've used them to comparison shop cruises, but have always gotten the same rate by booking from the cruise line site.

We've used them to comparison shop cruises, but have always gotten the same rate by booking from the cruise line site.

Unfortunately in the UK the prices seem a lot more expensive when booking through the Cruise Line site. For example RCI Independence of the Seas 16th Nov 2015 five night cruise, basic inside stateroom best price on US website $877 for 2 pax including taxes plus $50 onboard credit. UK website the best price is £718 or $1100 with no onboard credit. Unfortunately I am unable to nook throiugh the US website and am redirected to the UK on at the much higher price, however if I book through Vacationstogo I can get the same offer with onboard credit for $799

With Disney all the rates will be the same as the cruise line. The only advantage of using VTG or any other TA will be to take advantage of their OBC.

I use them for comparison shopping all the time. I love the 90 day ticker :)

Although we did not book with them, I did assist a friend book with them a couple of years ago. For some reason, that cruise WAS cheaper on vacationstogo than it was through the cruiseline (oftentimes the price is the same, but not always). Booking with them was simple and my friend had no problems. I would book with them again (and for myself).

I booked with them a few times and had a regular guy there. I'd email him to get quotes many times where we did not end up booking and he began to get cold with me...not as quickly responsive and no chit chat. I like to select our cabin and the prices you see on there are typically for guarantee cabins. Then I read about folks using TA's who would get gifts from them on their cruise (like bottle of champagne or choc covered strawberries) and we never got any such things. I then also began to see we could get the same pricing and OBC either with the cruiseline or with the warehouse stores (like Costco).

They have a nice tool which helps sort through the options and available cruises.

We have also used the to price RCCI cruises and their service appears to be very good.

We have not booked through them because we ended up reverting to Disney or our own travel agent.

I didn't even know about them until this thread so maybe we'll use them for our next cruise

I remember the first time I was very hesitant because they were this online company with no "store" to visit, and I started to convince myself we would not be let on the ship because the tickets were fraudulent and the whole thing was a scam or something. Then again I was afraid to order from Amazon the first couple of times too. Ha.

But I'm glad we used them. Now we have used them for 3 cruises so far and have been very happy. I think they're very helpful and very good at what they do.

I check the 90 day ticker every day..."just in case" lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter