Has anyone with special needs in their family booked with DU?

riu girl

DIS Veteran
I have a WDW booking with CRO but am wondering if I should change it over to DU?
I am hoping to get a couple of hard to get ADR's (CRT and Pirate Cruise), thats why I am considering DU since they will probably have a better chance of securing them then me.
Does DU have any experience dealing with CRO re: special ressies? After what I have read lately about special reservations, I don't want to have my booking handled by them, but I do have a few room requests I am hoping to get (because of DD) through CRO.
Last time I booked with CRO and then faxed/called ASMo a few days before and were assigned the perfect room. I wonder if I should just go this route again, but have a less chance of getting the ADRs?

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Suzy V.

I hate to ask this, but what is CRO and DU? Are these travel agents? Not familiar with them at all. Do they have websites that I can check out?
Thanks, whoever can answer my questions.

Rosemarie :flower:

We've been w/ DU twice for cruises. They've been great about making sure DS's dining restrictions (gfcf) were received by the chefs, and have helped our family get a table of our own...I don't want DS tempted by other people's Mickey bars. I would have no hesitation in going w/ them for a trip to WDW or DL. I just got an email from Tammy, our DU contact, and she confirmed that we would have a frig and sharps container for DS, and that if we wanted to switch from early to late dining DS's diet would not be a problem.

CRO is Central Reservations, often also called DRC- Disney Reservations Center. DU is Dreams Unlimited, a travel agency who also sponsors these boards. I have a reservation through DU for Aug 31-Sept. 10. All correspondence with DU is via email. I found their service to be prompt, courteous, and thorough- they offered to make any and all dining arrangements for me, noted my special requests at the resort, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to use them. While no one can modify a reservation themselves if it's made by a t/a, I don't see a problem with calling the resort prior to arrival to be assured that requests are noted in their system. Kathy

dclfun, thanks for explaining who CRO and DU are.

riu girl, hope everything goes well with booking your reservations.

Rosemarie :flower:

I know we booked our cruise with DU and then we had to call special servies ourselves. If I remember correctly DU booked everyting and then we had to call and make it handicapped access....they sort of pre-booked it. They did a great job. They did the cruise and Y&B Club for us. It was afew years ago but I am pretty sure they booked it made all ressies and then we called and made all the speical ressies.....DU was GREAT!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter