• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has Brazil come yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potterholic85

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if Brazil has come to WDW yet? I tried searching the boards but couldn't find an answer. When my husband and I were on our honeymoon a few years ago, we went at the end of January and they were arriving our last couple of days. I know they come January and July. Does anyone know if there's a specific week they come?

I'm not trying to be racist, far from it. I'm honestly just curious.

Thanks! :wave2:

They've been at Target recently when I've gone grocery shopping, so I'd say yes. LOL It makes it quite the chore. :)

We were at Busch Gardens on Wednesday and I would guess about a quarter of the visitors to the park had Brasil hoodies on. It was a perfect time for large tour groups because it wasn't busy otherwise.

How long do they normally stay for? I've heard good and bad about their visiting. I'm heading to the parks for ten days on the 27th of this month.

We were there from Jan 8 - 15th and they were there the whole time. I wouldn't say they were unruly but they definitely were noticeably all over the place. Many of the single rider and fast pass lanes got filled very quickly when the groups were around and if you missed getting on line by a second, it easily quadrupled your wait. I knew that the marathon would bring some more people in, but between that and the Brazil crowds, it was way busier than I thought it would be that time of year.

We just visited Disneyland Paris in July and it was odd to be in the minority by speaking English after years of doing Disney in FL. Well, at our resort and the parks, we were felt in the minority again. I would say that easily 3/4 of the people in our resort (Sports) spoke Spanish.

Here now, have seen several groups, but very well behaved! No impact on our trip whatsoever!!

Plenty of (well-behaved) groups with flags for Marathon weekend.
Yes, I've been here since Jan. 9 and have seen numerous Brazil groups with flags walking through, mostly since about the 15th. All well-behaved that I saw. Haven't heard any chanting so far. :)

They were there over President's week in February last year. For the most part we actually enjoyed their singing and chanting especially waiting in the bus lines after park closing.

There was however one incident for us on TOT. During one of the "drops" apparently one of these kids stuck a foot out therefore shutting the ride down!! It literally stopped. Nothing happened for a few minutes and then we slowly went down, they backed our vehicle/seat thing out a different exit literally down in the bowels of the ride. A CM came over and told us we could get right back on and re-ride immediately if we so chose and led us to where we needed to go to get back into the line. She then went over to the culprit and firmly stated "DO NOT do that again, putting your foot out made the ride stop". Apparently it makes the sensors think someone or something larger than just sunglasses or a hat has fallen out or off of the ride. They saw the kid on the cameras and knew exactly what the problem was, but had to wait to re-set the ride. :crazy2:

Well, at our resort and the parks, we were felt in the minority again. I would say that easily 3/4 of the people in our resort (Sports) spoke Spanish.

They most likely aren't Brazilian then if they spoke Spanish. Some could have possibly been but not the majority.

Oh yeah. Plenty of them this weekend. Some well-behaved, but ran into on that was horrible and unruly.

When we talked to a CM, she said that she has gone to her local Walmart and saw nine (I) buses of them there!!!!

We were there last week and there were a lot of tour groups moving around.

It could have been luck on our part, but this time, the groups seemed to be moving in smaller numbers, which worked out well. For the most part, we didn't have any issues, you know occasionally, there would be a group that would stop in the middle of a street to take a photo, but that happens with families just as much as tour groups.

We did run across one group that was doing a fairly loud chant, but that was in the standby for Buzz and we were in the FP+ line, so we just moved right on past that.

Got home last night, huge sized groups at HS on Saturday. And why do they think it's a good idea to congregate in the middle of a walkway?
No problems, just a group of kids having fun, but, there are a lot of them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter