• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has daily housekeeping returned yet?

Hahahah Well Mr. Chapek prob has it at the Four Seasons Golden Oaks and no security checks for him I am guessing.
I am at Universal Sapphire Falls No room checks. But they do advise using their Resort App for any and all requests. They left extra supplies in nice bag on the door for me. I love Universal Resorts Orlando!
Having so much Holiday Fun too!
Apparently they did try to service my room today on 3rd day. Left my sign on the door cause I wasn’t expecting it.Check out today…
Ditto on the Universal hotels. Their service is every bit as good as WDW's.

For the reduced housekeeping, do they offer a gift card or something for skipping the housekeeping?

For the reduced housekeeping, do they offer a gift card or something for skipping the housekeeping?

I was offered an apology when Mousekeeping did not provide new towels and failed to empty all of the trash/recycling bins on our Mousekeeping day.

My DW and I had a few disappointing things with our BC stay last June, but Mousekeeping was by far and away my biggest disappointment.

I understand about things like staffing issues and people freaking out over Covid-19 and what not, but I firmly believe that a clean, comfortable room has to be the primary objective of any hotel. Period. Disney or non-Disney. I just did not get the feeling during our last stay that Disney was prioritizing a clean, comfortable room.

FWIW, my father and grandfather owned hotels in WI so I have some experience of the many issues that hotels must deal with on a daily basis.

security check never stopped. I have been at DVC a few times (DVC doesn't get full housekeeping anyway) and they emptied the trash every single day.

We were at AKL for 10 nights over the holidays. Trash and towels every other day. On the fourth day, we had our beds made, not sure if the sheets were changed? Did not come on the 8th day to make beds. Knocked on our door three times on our checkout day (before 11am) to see if we had left yet. I'm not sure why that bugged me - probably because I was leaving and I was already crabby!

We do find those garbage cans to be too small for an every other day trash pick-up. We have recently stayed at Beach Club and the Destino Tower and had the same problem. AKL was no different. With a family of four - four water bottles completely filled up the recycle bin. And we drink a lot of water! But this time I was smarter and brought my own trash bags and a pop up hamper to make myself a larger garbage can!

All in all, I REALLY miss daily housekeeping.

We were at AKL for 10 nights over the holidays. Trash and towels every other day. On the fourth day, we had our beds made, not sure if the sheets were changed? Did not come on the 8th day to make beds. Knocked on our door three times on our checkout day (before 11am) to see if we had left yet. I'm not sure why that bugged me - probably because I was leaving and I was already crabby!

We do find those garbage cans to be too small for an every other day trash pick-up. We have recently stayed at Beach Club and the Destino Tower and had the same problem. AKL was no different. With a family of four - four water bottles completely filled up the recycle bin. And we drink a lot of water! But this time I was smarter and brought my own trash bags and a pop up hamper to make myself a larger garbage can!

All in all, I REALLY miss daily housekeeping.

I always set our plastic water bottles outside the can if there isnt a separate one for recycling. They may not care to do it, but hey I tried and at least my bin is never full. :)

We just came back from a split stay. At Destiny tower our room was cleaned every day, maybe because it was club level.
At our Fort Wilderness cabin, we never received full housekeeping. In four days they dropped off towels twice and left coffee. I did have to stop at the check in the next day as our bands did not unlock the door, there were no sheets for the pull out couch and the safe battery was dead. They did take care of those things very quickly.
We usually stay DVC so I am used to limited housekeeping. I actually prefer not to have housekeeping every day after a stay where they came every day just as we were getting back to the room to rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter