• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has Disney gone TOO FAR?!?

Maybe they haven't gone too far for some people, but the thought of a pickle flavored milk shake turns my stomach, and not in a good way. But I guess it's a case of different strokes for different folks.

It’s actually the talk of F&W, probably the most popular item. It did exactly what Disney wanted it to do. Generate publicity. Every Disney influencer has vlogs or posts about it, so now everyone is trying it, even if it’s just out of curiosity.

No better place to satisfy your craving for garlic ice cream...

We had a "too far" reaction to garlic ice cream years ago at The Stinkin' Rose in San Francisco where virtually every menu item has garlic in it. It was YUMlicious, weird though that seems.

Pickle ice cream easily could be, too. "Don't knock it...etc."

We've been to the Gilroy Garlic Festival where they have garlic ice cream cones which were very good so we would definitely try the pickle milk shake.

Last edited:
Not at all! I want to try it, but I just want like a shot-glass full. No one else in my family is willing to try it with me, and I don't want to waste that much if I don't like it so I'll probably pass

Certainly not. Might go nicely with the peanut butter, cheddar cheese and pickle sandwiches my cousin used to make. The pickle was for crunch. That said, you wouldn't catch me drinking one. In my opinion pickles don't mix well with dairy products. :)

Last edited:
Always happy to see a new something that might help pull some people away from the things I want to experience.

Certainly not. Might go nicely with the peanut butter, cheddar cheese and pickle sandwiches my cousin used to make. The pickle was for crunch. :)

This reminds me of the Arthur Christmas book where he follows Santa to see what he likes to eat and it is a mishmash of all kinds of things.

I agree with what others have said. Disney wanted to create a buzzy item that sells because of curiosity. Also people just really love pickles.

I saw on Molly’s IG that she tried it and she actually liked it.

I’m not a fan of pickles so I don’t think I would like it.

I like pickles. I even like the Dill Pickle flavored chips they have in Canada. But I am not trying a pickle flavored milkshake!

I had it today and it was....meh. Didn't taste like pickles at all. There is a little dill taste from the frosting on top but that's about it. It's just a boring, nothing special milkshake. I wouldn't get it again.

When I ordered mine, every single person in front of me in line ordered one too so it's going to be a very popular item for Food and Wine.

Considering the amount of "press" (as in Disney vlog-o-sphere press) it's getting, I'd say nope they have not gone too far. When you check out the thumbnails of the various Youtube videos from F&W you see it everywhere. Whether people like it or not they are selling a ton of them and it's getting a lot of attention. Would I get it? I'd like to say no as that doesn't sound appealing to me but if we were going I might be tempted just for the novelty factor and the cup :goodvibes .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter