• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has it been a year already...Snowmedic's Feb. - March 2017 pre-trip, trip report.

Getting exciting now. That last week for us is always a killer. Lots to do at so much anticipation.

Have fun and we'll be following along.

j

Looking forward to hearing about your adventure. We leave in just under 2 weeks. It will be nice to warm up in the Florida sun, we have been hit hard this past week with two massive snow storms.
Safe journey.

3 days to go and so much to finish up. Car is washed and vacuumed, all glass is cleaned and Rain-X applied. My bag is 100% packed and waiting to get loaded, car battery pack is charged, just in case someone needs a jump start. DW and DD are finishing up school. Have had a headache for the last 2 days, :sick: must be stress from making sure everything gets done on time. After today it will be up to DW and DD to finish things up so I can get everything loaded into the car Tuesday night.

Still need to give the dog a bath and swing up to the sugar house after work tomorrow to pickup some Maple Syrup for the Mickey pancakes. More to follow in the coming days.

Well, in just under 19 hrs. the road trip begins. Car is all loaded and ready to go. Have to wait til about 10 am to get DD's medication from pharmacy, and I should be home by about 10:30, cleaned up and on the road by 11. Was thinking, with leaving out earlier than usual on taking I-87 to Newburgh, picking up 84 to 81 in Scranton then 77 to 26 to 95. Looking at google maps I-95 is nothing but traffic and the other route not so much, plus I would miss the usual NY, Baltimore, DC traffic. Well, I am going to get off here, pack the laptop in the car and all other updates will be via cellphone. Still need to get up at 4 and go to work, but knowing we will be in Fl. on Thursday, who could sleep.

Well, in just under 19 hrs. the road trip begins. Car is all loaded and ready to go. Have to wait til about 10 am to get DD's medication from pharmacy, and I should be home by about 10:30, cleaned up and on the road by 11. Was thinking, with leaving out earlier than usual on taking I-87 to Newburgh, picking up 84 to 81 in Scranton then 77 to 26 to 95. Looking at google maps I-95 is nothing but traffic and the other route not so much, plus I would miss the usual NY, Baltimore, DC traffic. Well, I am going to get off here, pack the laptop in the car and all other updates will be via cellphone. Still need to get up at 4 and go to work, but knowing we will be in Fl. on Thursday, who could sleep.

This sounds like a conversation we once had in much warmer place known as a the Fort. good luck with the route!

81 has a little bit of construction around mm175 just below the 84/91 split but it usually is not a congestion issue. Other than that I love that route, we have used it both trips and it is very scenic and not a ton of traffic. The only other place on 81 you will hit congestion depending on time will be around Harrisburg, just below the rest stop at mm77. Morning commute it slows, but by around 9am it is back to normal. Have a good safe commute on down to the Fort. Look forward to following the trip.

I could kiss you right now, thank you!!
:goodvibes Just don't let my DW Know. :)

as thinking, with leaving out earlier than usual on taking I-87 to Newburgh, picking up 84 to 81 in Scranton then 77 to 26 to 95.
Made the drive MANY times down from Newburgh on 84 to 81.... I used to be stationed at West Point and would come home to just around Scranton.

Now we are just down the road from Wilkes-Barre and you will be going past my neck of the woods. Last time we did the 81 - 77 - 26 - 95 - 4 route. It's not bad. Very scenic but you have some sections that can get quite foggy.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

You should be close to leaving. Have a fun, safe trip and report back when you make it to the Fort.

j

Have a safe trip down, snowmedic, and keep your eyes on the road. Bama Ed

wmhBO1gmDhUD6.gif

Time for a quick update while waiting for breakfast. Left Nw Vt. at 1 pm Wednesday are after driving 18 hrs with one 40 min. dinner break, we are at Denny's in Point Royal Sc @ 7:30. Have been awake now for 27 hrs. and still have about 7 hrs to go before getting to Destin.

Time for a quick update while waiting for breakfast. Left Nw Vt. at 1 pm Wednesday are after driving 18 hrs with one 40 min. dinner break, we are at Denny's in Point Royal Sc @ 7:30. Have been awake now for 27 hrs. and still have about 7 hrs to go before getting to Destin.
Don't go too overboard. Be safe and get rest if you need it.

After 26 hrs of driving, we made it Destin. Time for a soak in the hot tub, then a little nap before going to the harbour walk for the evening.
Wow, that is impressive!
Good to hear that you made it safely. 12 hrs. behind the wheel is about my max. looking forward to some reports on the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter