• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has LL weakened the DAS

Just so you know, many people who have had experiences similar to yours shared they were able to go to guest services and get refunds.
I didn’t know that. I’ll try to find an e-dress or phone number. Thanks!

Yes, it has led to longer wait times once you scan in.

That said, on more than one occasion, most recently last Saturday, when asking a cast member at a kiosk for a return time (because we were going to the other park), the CMs have worked some magic and shaved significant amounts of time off rides that have waits over an hour. We were given a return time 35 minutes later when the Soarin standby queue was 80 minutes. We were given a 25 minute return on a 60 minute wait, and we were given a 60 minute return time on a 90 minute wait. I feel like they are trying to offset the longer LL rides by doing this, but when you use the app, it's the return time minus 10 minutes every time.

When you asked a CM for a return time, how did they give it to you...through the app, onto your magic band/card?

When you asked a CM for a return time, how did they give it to you...through the app, onto your magic band/card?

It's all done through the app. They ask to scan the DAS holder's ticket barcode in the app. At Disneyland there are no magic bands and we don't have physical tickets here for our annual passes, so everything is done by scanning app ticket barcodes.

IME there are a few rides/places where the LL moves really slowly, causing a long and difficult wait even with the DAS. Indy at Disneyland was the one that almost broke me - more than half an hour in a noisy indoor queue...ugh. The DAS is still fantastic, we still make constant use of it, and we could not manage much time at Disney parks without it. But I do wish that they (meaning "the people in charge of such things") would recognize that LL is generally longer than 10 minutes and reduce the wait window accordingly. I assume, though I don't have enough programming knowledge to be able to say for sure, that they could institute such a change for certain rides, but obviously it couldn't be "dynamic" (meaning changing depending on the length of the LL at any particular time of day). Between the artificially-inflated standby wait times and the longer LLs, if a person joins a DAS queue and a person joins a physical queue at the same time, more often than not the physical queue-user would get done first - sometimes by 20 minutes or more. But again, DAS is certainly better than no DAS, and overall it's not too bad.

IME there are a few rides/places where the LL moves really slowly, causing a long and difficult wait even with the DAS. Indy at Disneyland was the one that almost broke me - more than half an hour in a noisy indoor queue...ugh. The DAS is still fantastic, we still make constant use of it, and we could not manage much time at Disney parks without it. But I do wish that they (meaning "the people in charge of such things") would recognize that LL is generally longer than 10 minutes and reduce the wait window accordingly. I assume, though I don't have enough programming knowledge to be able to say for sure, that they could institute such a change for certain rides, but obviously it couldn't be "dynamic" (meaning changing depending on the length of the LL at any particular time of day). Between the artificially-inflated standby wait times and the longer LLs, if a person joins a DAS queue and a person joins a physical queue at the same time, more often than not the physical queue-user would get done first - sometimes by 20 minutes or more. But again, DAS is certainly better than no DAS, and overall it's not too bad.

On the otherhand, even if the physical queue-user was done first, the DAS-user was able to get a meal, use the washroom, watch a show, ride another ride, or do something else while the physical queue-user only stood in line. So, I always figure that the comparison between the time a physical queue-user waits and the time from getting our DAS return time until riding, isn’t really an apples-to-apples comparison.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter