Has the smoke from the Cabazon fire reached Anaheim?

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
The smoke and ash has made its way down to San Diego county. I heard from a parent at a sporting event that there was smoke in Irvine this afternoon.

How about Anaheim?

Prayers going out to the 4 families of the fallen firefighters.

No, it has not. I was at DL this afternoon / early evening and noticed no smoke there. I was in Costa Mesa at south Coast Plaza after and there was no smoke there either.

I haven't noticed anything up here either. I was in Fullerton, Costa Mesa and home in Yorba Linda and no smoke anywhere.

I am in Irvine at work. The smoke is definately worse today. With DL only about ten miles from here, I'd bet it's smoky there today.

It is terrible that this fire has killed or wounded firefighters, or anyone, for that matter. I hope they catch the person who started it.

Well, im north of DIsneyland also around 10 miles... it seems fine here, but i look north and i can see brown clouds... doesnt look too good :/

Gosh, that is horrible news about the firefighters, they are so brave to put their lives on the line. I had heard that there was a fire burning in the california area but did not realize how close it was. When I heard somone mentioned about the fire in Cabazon, it made me think about the location, isn't that near Palm Springs. We couldn't get a flight into LAX with our airmailes so we booked it to Palm Springs instead and were just going to drive to DL from there. Do you think that the fire will effect those plans, we don't arrive in Palm Springs but if it is right in the middle of a fire area, I would imagine the planes would not be landing etc and we will need to start making other plans.

Cabazon is west of Palm Springs; however it is right along the I-10 corridor that you would probably drive to get to the resort.....

I leave in two hours to make the drive to Disneyland and we have to go along interstate 10. Is it open? Is traffic worse in it? Ill be in that area about 7 or 8PM tonight. Any words of help to get us through it? we looked on Mapquest and looks like to go south is a huge way out of the way. We normally go interstate 10 until we get to a freeway with a left hand exit not too far out of palm springs. (My husband knows the numebrs not me) Then it takes us sort of South to hook up to I think its 91? I am coming from Phoenix.

I would appreciate any help from experts in that area. I was so hoping to catch the fireworks tonight but looks like this may make that impossible. I just wish I can leave work a little ealier. we make this trip often and its about 5 1/2 to 6 hours every time.

So far the 10 is open... Smoky but open.. The only closures I found were Highway 243 from Banning to Lake Fulmor and Highway 79 from Beaumont to Hemet remain closed.
Have a safe trip!!!!! If you have XM Radio, Channel 222 is the LA traffic channel. They give updates 24/7

It's hard to tell what came from Cabazon and what came from the Ortega highway, but you can smell the smoke in Anaheim today. It's not heavy, though, and not raining ash.

I think the smoke in Irvine is most likely the result of a second fire in South Orange County. I work in Anaheim and I didn't notice any smell of smoke yesterday or today.

yea, i was at DCA today, nothing... no smoke, no different color skies... i was a great day...

Albort said:
yea, i was at DCA today, nothing... no smoke, no different color skies... i was a great day...

You must be blessed with a nose that is not very sensitive. I was at the park, and the smoke smell bothered me a bit. Fortunately, most of the heavier smoke was a good 20 miles south.

Last night at the park my eyes were burning and throat felt rotten this a.m.

I came up from San Diego, and while it's not as bad here in Anaheim, it's definitely in the air.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter