Has this happened to anyone else?

KiminChicago

DIS Veteran
So today was the first day of my 90+10 day window. I got up at 4:30am Central time and got all ready to make my first ADR. I had logged in, gotten my list of dining favorites, the whole bit. My sister really wanted to try Ohana on her first night, so I went in and tried to get Ohana for Oct. 7. No dice, but no problem, she'll take Kona as a backup. Got that. Then I tried to book Cindy's for Oct. 8 lunch. Could only get 2:15pm, added it to my cart. Our final harder to get ressie was Chef Mickey's for Oct. 11 around 9am for breakfast. Added that to my cart. Then had the brilliant thought that maybe I could switch Cindy's and Chef Mickey's and get better times. Ended up with 9:40am Chef Mickey's on the 8th and 12 noon Cindy's on the 11th. Woohoo! I removed the extra Cindy's on the 8th and CM on the 11th from my cart and checked out.

When I got the email, the only reservations I had were the Chef Mickey's and the Kona Cafe. For some reason Cindy's didn't book at all! Fortunately, I was checking the email confirmations when they showed up in my inbox, so I went back into the system, got the same Cindy's ressie and checked out. Then it happened again -- I made a ressie for Boma, 50's Prime Time, the San Angel Inn and Biergarten and the email confirmation only showed the Prime Time Cafe and San Angel Inn. The only reason I can think of for this happening is that some of those goofy keywords are hard to read and I may have typed them in wrong? A couple of times I tried to hit the try again button but nothing happened. What I finally ended up doing is going through the "modify search" button without changing anything and getting new keywords that way.

I did finally get everything I wanted (except for Ohana but I can keep trying for that one), but it sure took a while! Now I'm going back to bed, I couldn't sleep all night waiting for that 4:30 alarm bell :woohoo:

The ADRs were most likely still made...this has happened to a few people. Call and ask a CM to check the system for you to make sure you don't have 3 ADRs now for some of those places!

I looked at Ohana today for 10/7 and was surprised to see there was no availability, none at LeCellier or Mama Melrose's either. Hmmm.

This happened to me with cindys too, but I found the confirmation had gone to my spam! The confirmation for cindys comes from a different email address to the other ressies, I presume because of the need for cc.
Hope this helps, would hate for you to get charged if you have inadvertantly booked 2 ressies.

Nope, no duplicates. Actually, the second time it happened to me, I had the 50's Prime Time Cafe, Boma, the San Angel Inn and Biergarten all in my cart. When I tried to check out, a red message came up that told me that some of my reservations could not be made, and Boma and Biergarten were missing from the email confirmation. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that something happened with the security words because some of them were difficult to decipher.

I think the online system was having problems this morning. I was up and online at 6am EDT this morning to make sure I got the time at California Grill we wanted (we have a pretty large party). I was immediately offered the time I wanted, but had a terrible time actually completing the rest of the reservation. Everytime I got to the window that should ask for credit card info (since a credit card is required to hold CG ressies) I would just get a blank screen. This went on for almost 30 mins. I tried all sorts of stuff -- reloading the page, opening a new browser window, a totally different browser, etc. Eventually it finally loaded correctly and I was able to complete the ressie and go the confirmation emailed to me. But, now I cannot retrieve the ressie online. :headache: I called and spoke to a CM to confirm. She could pull my ressie by confirmation number, but when she entered my name and phone number, she got nothing.... she agreed it was very weird..... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter